• POSITIVES From UTC

#92027  by FUATT
 Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:12 pm
That's what I mean in the other thread about the Western game will be revealing. If we don't play the FR OL that have 4 games, that tells you something. If we play everybody anyway, that tells you something.
gofurman liked this
 #92043  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:03 pm
tim wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:51 am
Positives? Only one conference loss. Everybody has a loss except Mercer and WCU and they haven't played each other or us. It's still in front of us if we can figure things out
The conference champion is determined by the best winning percentage. The loss of the Samford game will end up biting us in the a$$. If Mercer ends up with one loss (us), Mercer is 7-1, 87%. Furman finishes at 6-1, 85%.
 #92044  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:48 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:03 pm
tim wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:51 am
Positives? Only one conference loss. Everybody has a loss except Mercer and WCU and they haven't played each other or us. It's still in front of us if we can figure things out
The conference champion is determined by the best winning percentage. The loss of the Samford game will end up biting us in the a$$. If Mercer ends up with one loss (us), Mercer is 7-1, 87%. Furman finishes at 6-1, 85%.
Good knowledge flag ! Thank you sir
 #92080  by FurmAlum
 Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:53 pm
I'm a glutton for punishment so I watched the replay. Though it was a painful game to watch again I did see some positives.

*We were moving the ball on offense and had some running game. The defense was playing well and it was only 13-3 with about 5 min left in the 2nd quarter. Despite Chatty having many opportunities on short fields.

*If we hadn't turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, and that's a big IF, I think it would have been a competitive game. Would we have won, maybe not, but it would have been much closer.

* If we didn't have any bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all. I remember a ball thrown by Artopeous that hit his receiver or a Furman DB that went straight up in the air and was almost intercepted. There was a ball I think in the 2nd half that was almost intercepted by Billy Lewis by inches. And CJ's interception could have fallen harmlessly to the ground after it was batted up in the air, instead of right into the hands of the Chatty D-lineman.

*Bottom line is without all the turnovers it seemed to me that we held our own.

Western is going to be similar to Chatty. And its going to be tough. If we can play a clean, turnover free game I give us a 50/50 chance of winning.
 #92081  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:04 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:53 pm
If we didn't have any bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all.
To honor your homage to the greatest program to ever appear on television AND our ‘guests’ that will be visiting this week, FUBeAR felt this needed to be posted. Enjoy!

FurmAlum liked this
 #92084  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:46 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:21 pm
amazingly, Hee Haw was on the air for almost 30 years!
Was?

FUBeAR still watches it when he can get his rabbit ears pointed just right.