• Game postponed

#91380  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:31 am
All good, I agree with you guys the football game is not important...
 #91382  by Sad Din
 Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:35 am
probably the right decision... but CU played and look at what ETSU did to play. Luckily iit worked out for them but if a tradegy had occurred there would be lots of explaining to do....

#91383  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:38 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:31 am
All good, I agree with you guys the football game is not important...
FINALLY - we agree on something!!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #91386  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:33 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:35 am
probably the right decision... but CU played and look at what ETSU did to play. Luckily iit worked out for them but if a tradegy had occurred there would be lots of explaining to do....
From what I can see, Clemson is taking heat for playing yesterday. A lot of resources were diverted there for a football game when there is such an acute need in the region for those resources.

I'd be interested to know whether ETSU's administration, knowing what they now know, would have made the same call with regard to their student athletes. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
 #91387  by Paladingirl
 Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:18 pm
The players don’t have power, are taking cold showers, and are being offered meals like cereal and bagels. I would bet they are thankful to have food, water, and a dry place to sleep. The university is doing everything they can to take care of all students right now. This was an unprecedented event for Greenville of epic proportion. The football game was rightly not a priority for yesterday. The staff will figure out logistics and will want to play this game.
AstroDin, Bootie, bj93 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Game postponed

by Paladingirl

Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:18 pm

User avatar TV for Practice at the Well tonite?

by Flagman

Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar F Lane Kiffin

by Flagman

Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:14 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:34 am

User avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by AllTimeFU

Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:48 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.