• Dins Drop DH and series

#13530  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Came from behind in the first game and had a chance but struck out with the bases loaded to end the game and fell 8-7. No contest in the nightcap losing 11-5. Now 5-7 in the conference. Looks like FU will end up battling VMI and Citadel to stay out of the play in game. From what I have seen the league is not very good this year so maybe they can finish higher. I have never seen a FU team struggle so much with RISP. Not only not getting hits but just putting the ball in play. Don't know what the record is for strike outs in a season but this team has to on pace to break it. Struck out 12 times in the second game,
 #13554  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 am
Still, we are tied for fifth and we have already played #1,2, and 4. Only 2.5 games out of second.
True but it's a 4 way tie and we are only ahead of one team(Citadel). Like I said the league really looks down this year so a decent finish is possible. Looks like Samford is the best team by far. The at WCU series this weekend should tell us more.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUTex

Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:04 am

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:10 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.