• Furman at Western Negative Nancy Game Thread

#77768  by Cullowheeguy
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:59 am
FUTex wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 pm
Here's yet another solid piece of evidence that Cullowhee is an ever downward spiraling gyre of supernatural theurgism. This is science, and its documented.

Go to the 5:45 mark. There WCU is specifically mentioned. Oh I'm telling you people, what she says after explains a lot.

The Paladins better bring garlic cloves and burn some sage if we want a W.
From some one who grew up on Jackson County, this is a subject you are not supposed to talk about or you will have very bad luck.
 #77769  by FUTex
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:30 am
Cullowheeguy, we are not worried about your superstitious "very bad luck". We got a rattler from a snake.

In addition, we've got a crack team of IDF commandos, all of them quite nice looking up there in the Thelma Evans level of nice looks. And, not to scare you but just so you know, we have photographic evidence that they can climb halfway up a wall.
FUBeAR, bj93, Bootie liked this
 #77772  by Bootie
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:38 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:07 pm
FUTex wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:16 pm
Good work, men.

FUBear, those friends from the IDF are a good idea. They will certainly see how our issue with the troglodytes in Cullowhee is more pressing than that little dust-up in the Middle East. Also, keep handy those two shades of purple you most excellently researched. They are of no use whatsoever, but they sure are confusing.

No one enter the tunnels. Not even Bootie. Yeah, he's the ultimate warrior and can physically do anything, but its not safe. We have to be realistic about these things. Better to wait on the IDF.

I called Doc, who as the old time UFFPers may recall is an expert at closing evil portals and was largely responsible for the 2006 win at Richmond, and he is busy brewing up something down in Florida.
All arranged. Team of 3 with all necessary tunnel clearing devices and munitions dropping in tonight. LZ near Burningtown Gap on Ben Creek in the Nantahala Forest. They will commandeer vehicles in Cowee and rendezvous with Bootie’s strike Team in the AM. No need to discuss logistics, they previously embedded a bio-transponder in Bootie just in case this kind of situation ever arose.

Good Luck Ladies! The Paladins are counting on you!!

The “embedding” process was quite alright.

Our portal strike teams are enroute. Y’all bring the mojo.
FUBeAR liked this
 #77785  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:57 am
The fellow in the next door trailer to us is a former “Tunnel Rat” In the Vietnams time. 5’3 at the most in heels and skinnier than Bootie. I showed him this thread about the little people in the tunnels under the stadium and his eyes lit up like I haven’t seen in years. I heard his truck crank up about 3:00 this morning. Got a good idea where he is headed. Two of his “don’t touch those” boxes beside his shed are missing too.
Bootie liked this
 #77786  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:40 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:57 am
The fellow in the next door trailer to us is a former “Tunnel Rat” In the Vietnams time. 5’3 at the most in heels and skinnier than Bootie. I showed him this thread about the little people in the tunnels under the stadium and his eyes lit up like I haven’t seen in years. I heard his truck crank up about 3:00 this morning. Got a good idea where he is headed. Two of his “don’t touch those” boxes beside his shed are missing too.
Superior firepower. Superior intelligence.

#77926  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:22 pm
For a little while there I was wondering if we awakened too much sleeping mojo at one time and it was boiling over.
Isaiah still ain’t got home though.
FUBeAR liked this
 #77931  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:46 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:22 pm
For a little while there I was wondering if we awakened too much sleeping mojo at one time and it was boiling over.
Isaiah still ain’t got home though.
The IDF ladies definitely cut the TV wires. They apologized to FUBeAR and made it up to him at our mission debrief before we sent them back to their homeland. They have more work to do.
Davemeister liked this
 #77952  by FUTex
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:45 pm
That was a solid win over a VERY good Western team. My take-aways:

1-Bootie's rattler was, inarguably, the key to the game. Bootie shook the rattle, then we won - that's just the fact. Oh, some may point to "post hoc ergo propter hoc" and call it a logical fallacy, but all I got to say to that is "I don't speak Latin, college boy".

2-We all regret the IDF cutting the feed to the video broadcast. Certain errors were made. Things became confused. As Mother Theresa said "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face".

3-I understand that our powerful mojo was practically boiling over at some points. Still, the tunnels were never collapsed and closed. We still have to deal with them in the coming years. They'll be back at us again with those little people and their voodoo.

I want to thank you all for pulling all the various elements together to battle the Black Magic of Cullowhee. The Paladins triumphed over evil.

FAWNNGT BATT CCLOT
FUwolfpacker, Bootie, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #77954  by Bootie
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:46 pm
Y’all it was a beautiful day in Cullowhee, I’m sorry you couldn’t experience it on the broadcast. Thanks to everyone who had an effort in suppressing the mountain mojo.

Prior to the game I made a full lap around the stadium with the rattle to provide 360 degree protection. I was going to stop at that, but then a bonus opportunity presented itself, which may have been what gave us the final edge:

I met up with a fellow Furman at a western tailgate. The western offered me a beer, which I gladly accepted, and we introduced ourselves. Turns out he is a current professor of history at Western Carolina. I thought to myself, who could be much better to ask about the little people, than this guy?

Recalling in my mind the post above from Cullowhee guy about how discussing the little people is bad luck, I simply asked a short question, “what’s this I hear about little people?” whereupon he excitedly talked at length about the little people and their tunnels in the area, thereby unknowingly bringing all that bad luck upon his own team.

He even said (I $hit you not) “our building was built on of the mounds and I swear I have heard them scurrying around while I am in my office!”

Just doing my part. You’re welcome.
FUwolfpacker, FurmAlum, bj93 and 3 others liked this
 #78053  by FUTex
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:38 pm
A special Thank You to Bootie for providing that 360 degree protection. I think that was the very mojo foundation we needed. And the way he tricked that professor into speaking of the Little People was genius. Well done, my friend.

FAWNNGT BATT CCLOT
FUBeAR, Bootie, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #78054  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:20 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:46 pm
Y’all it was a beautiful day in Cullowhee, I’m sorry you couldn’t experience it on the broadcast. Thanks to everyone who had an effort in suppressing the mountain mojo.

Prior to the game I made a full lap around the stadium with the rattle to provide 360 degree protection. I was going to stop at that, but then a bonus opportunity presented itself, which may have been what gave us the final edge:

I met up with a fellow Furman at a western tailgate. The western offered me a beer, which I gladly accepted, and we introduced ourselves. Turns out he is a current professor of history at Western Carolina. I thought to myself, who could be much better to ask about the little people, than this guy?

Recalling in my mind the post above from Cullowhee guy about how discussing the little people is bad luck, I simply asked a short question, “what’s this I hear about little people?” whereupon he excitedly talked at length about the little people and their tunnels in the area, thereby unknowingly bringing all that bad luck upon his own team.

He even said (I $hit you not) “our building was built on of the mounds and I swear I have heard them scurrying around while I am in my office!”

Just doing my part. You’re welcome.
Sounds like the “professor” may have been let out for a day in the sun. Hope it helped.
 #78059  by Flagman
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:11 pm
I recall 5 pages back someone complained about a negative thread. Doesn’t look like it hurt matters, much.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FU Hoopla

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:15 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.