• Furman at Western Negative Nancy Game Thread

#77434  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:49 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:45 am
JT, I could make a long list of people who don't post here regularly anymore.
I do not want to take this into a personal conversation—things are not always one-sided. The relationships I've had in my life where problems have occurred; I might not want to admit it, but I played a role in that problem, too.
Sure, we have lost a good many. Those were just 2 that I was glad to see go. There are many others. Some I wish we still had. yall said many were on Twitter /X etc though I can't find them? No worries

I am sure I contributed to things. But I stick around and pull for the Paladins... check your DM
AstroDin liked this
 #77455  by Bootie
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:54 am
Just my two cents here but I don’t think anybody needs to feel like they have to post their thoughts in this thread during game time. I think this thread was likely created as a bit of good-natured humor, and will hopefully die off on its own. I post during the game and I often post a frustration with a call or a fumble or whatever. I will continue to post during a game at times if I’m watching on TV and wanna engage in conversation on this site with the fellow fans.
apaladin, gofurman, Stumpy liked this
 #77462  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:12 pm
Bootie wrote:
I think this thread was likely created as a bit of good-natured humor
This is big time D1 Fandom, Bootie.

There is no place for good-natured humor in that pursuit. If you don’t believe FUBeAR, just go read the WCU board.

TheUFFP has never been a place for humor and FUBeAR intends to keep it that way, including within this important thread.

Now…which is it for you? The royal purple of Furman or FUBeAR’s preference, the sweet girlish lilac of WCU. Choose carefully. You don’t wanna be on the wrong side of history!

Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootie liked this
 #77480  by FUTex
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:46 pm
I like the more robust, full-flavored purple next to that sassy and flirty purple. Good work FUBear!

I miss Hawg and GSU88. They were hilarious. Hawg was witty. GSU88 was the ultimate troll. They left something like 15 years ago. That's 105 in internet years.

I like the in-game thread. I don't like the intense negativity from one or two posters. It wears me down.
FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #77482  by FurmanATT
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:52 pm
I hope it's okay to try to be witty.
If not, my entire writing career is in vain.
Most everybody here loves Furman. Some are irreverent and good-humored. Some are argumentative and demanding, but one of the biggest flaws in society is an inability to get a joke by being worshipful, reverent and politically correct. More and more people argue. Less and less discuss.
Many years ago I was at a South Carolina game that the Gamecocks won easily, and I was struck by how the people around me couldn't enjoy it. All I was hearing was "we make that play against a good team and it's gonna kill us."
Glory and success are always fleeting. Savor the times that are good. These are those times.
But don't sacrifice your sense of satire in the name of sanctimony.
I enjoy this board best when it makes me smile. -- MD
gman84, dornb, MNORM and 2 others liked this
 #77485  by stonemd
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 pm
There are couple people here who seem to enjoy anything that goes poorly for Furman. They also seem to like to explain away any Furman rankings, statistical superiority or positive predictions as being irrelevant or incorrect. I use the blocking feature on these posters. I don't always login when I check the forum so sometimes I end up reading them by mistake.
 #77490  by FUTex
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:53 pm
Completely agree with FurmanATT and StoneMD. We are in times we should appreciate. The problem with stating we are over-rated, over and over again, is it sucks the joy right out. It will be "proven" the very next time we lose a game (the chances of us losing a game sometime in the future, this year or next or this decade, being 100%).

Here's why I'm negative on this next game - I've seen many an unexpected, what-the-heck game ending in Cullowhee. Black magic is afoot up there in the mountains; witches, satyrs, bigfoots, alchemists, Thelemites, and maybe even shrines dedicated to various pagan football gods. Strange things. Unspeakable things. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? November 6, 2021. Furman up 42 to 31 on Western going into the 4th quarter. The Paladins were looking good. But no, we are playing in Cullowhee, within the vortex of the unknown. Western systematically clawed back, of course. Then, using what can only be described as a degraded form of voodoo, Western threw an 85 yard pass in the final minutes to beat the Paladins. The defilement was complete. Bad things happen up there in Cullowhee.
 #77492  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:09 pm
FUTex wrote:
Black magic is afoot up there in the mountains; witches, satyrs, bigfoots, alchemists, Thelemites, and maybe even shrines dedicated to various pagan football gods.
What in the name of Andrew Jackson County does JJ Evans' hot (sorry - she was...and she was 20+, not 16...so it's OK) little sister and her rogue band of followers have to do with the outcome of this critical nationally-important FCS Feetsball contest?

You need to focus Tex. You're ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!
 #77505  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:02 pm
FUTex wrote:
Completely agree with FurmanATT and StoneMD. We are in times we should appreciate. The problem with stating we are over-rated, over and over again, is it sucks the joy right out. It will be "proven" the very next time we lose a game (the chances of us losing a game sometime in the future, this year or next or this decade, being 100%).

Here's why I'm negative on this next game - I've seen many an unexpected, what-the-heck game ending in Cullowhee. Black magic is afoot up there in the mountains; witches, satyrs, bigfoots, alchemists, Thelemites, and maybe even shrines dedicated to various pagan football gods. Strange things. Unspeakable things. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? November 6, 2021. Furman up 42 to 31 on Western going into the 4th quarter. The Paladins were looking good. But no, we are playing in Cullowhee, within the vortex of the unknown. Western systematically clawed back, of course. Then, using what can only be described as a degraded form of voodoo, Western threw an 85 yard pass in the final minutes to beat the Paladins. The defilement was complete. Bad things happen up there in Cullowhee.
Almost sure Ingle Martin and crew lost in the WHEE. Like 5 interceptions !! It’s a seriously dangerous place ! Truly. We have seen bad mojo there
 #77506  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:09 pm
Bootie wrote:
Just my two cents here but I don’t think anybody needs to feel like they have to post their thoughts in this thread during game time. I think this thread was likely created as a bit of good-natured humor, and will hopefully die off on its own. I post during the game and I often post a frustration with a call or a fumble or whatever. I will continue to post during a game at times if I’m watching on TV and wanna engage in conversation on this site with the fellow fans.
Right. Posting in game is how I enjoy the game. No one should tell others they can’t do so. Kind of an odd ask in my opinion. Almost like asking “don’t post during q2 and q3”. What? Huh? Post during game or don’t. It’s your thing.

I think all that Stumpy ever asks is you don’t hammer a player by name - we can say OL or DBs or whatever. Just not one guy

Speaking of Stumpy. He OWNS the board. And it occurred to me that HE posted during the game that he thought we looked crappy or some such. . I think that ends the debate. The RULER OF THE DOMAIN did exactly what we speak of here - a) posted during the game and b) mentioned something somewhat negative. I’ll try to find it.

But that settles. Stumpy trumps all ! 😀😀😀

Here it is. . During the game. Not happy with our performance. From the “ruler of the inter webs “. Or at least this board. So this does carry a lot of weight.
Our own “big man” did what some are saying not to do -

Stumpy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:42 pm
This is pathetic.
 #77598  by FUTex
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 pm
Here's yet another solid piece of evidence that Cullowhee is an ever downward spiraling gyre of supernatural theurgism. This is science, and its documented.

Go to the 5:45 mark. There WCU is specifically mentioned. Oh I'm telling you people, what she says after explains a lot.

The Paladins better bring garlic cloves and burn some sage if we want a W.
FUBeAR, FUeveryday liked this
 #77599  by Stumpy
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:09 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:42 pm
This is pathetic.
I was, of course, referring to the pathetic amount of negativity being expressed by some people over our vaunted offense's inability to get a first down.

Also, Hawg's gone. GSU88....he's still watching you. Be very afraid.

Also also, the resident Mercer fan actually made me laugh out loud.
FUBeAR, QCGlue liked this
 #77606  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:29 pm
FUTex wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 pm
Here's yet another solid piece of evidence that Cullowhee is an ever downward spiraling gyre of supernatural theurgism. This is science, and its documented.

Go to the 5:45 mark. There WCU is specifically mentioned. Oh I'm telling you people, what she says after explains a lot.

The Paladins better bring garlic cloves and burn some sage if we want a W.
WOW! You are right, Tex!!

We always had a bowlful of buckeyes in the locker room in the 80's. Some would take one and put it in their pocket and some would just rub on one or more and then put them back in the bowl - all to bring good fortune and ward off the opposing forces.

Will buckeyes work today or nah?
 #77618  by FUTex
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:45 pm
Yes, FuBear, the buckeyes will work. Indeed, it weren't for those buckeyes you wouldn't have won in 1980 nor 1981 (back-to-back visits to Cullowhee). I think you played in that 1981 game, so you can attest to how close it was and the power of them buckeyes. Just make sure the team knows to rub 'em real good.

In the documentary it clearly states, as fact, that there was a little people tunnel directly under the stadium. It took six concrete mixer trucks to fill it in so they could construct the field's foundation. That's a fact and its documented. WCU is awash in the dark arts.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar The State of Furman Football

by FUATT

Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:57 pm

Default Avatar ESPN+

by furmandad

Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:27 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:46 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by dornb

Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:45 pm

User avatar Owen Ritgar

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.