• Belmont @ Furman Nov. 11th (Mid-Major Showdown)

#59623  by stonemd
 Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:36 am
Anyone need a ticket for tomorrow? I’ll be working in Clemson and stay for dinner and game before i head back to Asheville. Anyone want to go out for dinner before the game?
 #59652  by apaladin
 Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:45 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:23 pm
Opening Vegas line has FU favored -9

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401484861
Sounds a little high. I will be happy with a 1 point win. Our next opponent Penn St beat Loyola, Md by 25. PSU again had 16 three’s shot 53% and 59% for the game. More future opps: SFA beat Gardner-Webb by 15, App. St beat NC Central by 5 in OT.
Note: it happened again to Louisville this year. Bellarmine beat them by 1 Wednesday.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #59653  by tya1
 Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:06 am
I checked out the Belmont-Ohio game from Monday. Belmont won with a buzzer beater after Ohio came back from a double digit second half deficit. Belmont only returns one starter from last year. Two guys led them with 18 each - 6'6' senior guard/wing Ben Sheppard and 6'7" freshman Cade Tyson, whose brother Hunter is a senior starter for Clemson. Belmont has a tall overall lineup. Only one guy under 6'5" played for them - 6'0" freshman Ja'Kobi Gillespie. They pass the ball well and move without the ball effectively. Like the Paladins did Monday they look to shoot the three but did not have a great overall night - 28%. Ohio hit 45% of their threes. Despite good size the Bruins were outrebounded 34-30. Ohio was able to post up their big man effectively and the Ohio guards had decent drive penetration against Belmont's defenders, . Belmont was able to get some steals with their perimeter defense by jumping into the passing lanes.They also had 6 blocked shots and 17 assists, Ohio had no blocked shotss and 8 assists.

Belmont is #139 in the Pomeroy rankings, Ohio is #193, Furman is #68. Sagarin has Furman #85 and Belmont #119.
Pomeroy's numbers would show the Paladins as an 11 point favorite after adding in home court advantage, Sagarin would show a 6 point advantage for Furman.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Game postponed

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:32 am

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:49 pm

User avatar F Lane Kiffin

by Choir Boy

Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:39 pm

User avatar 2024-2025 Schedule Released

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.