#91467  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:11 pm
Joe706 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:01 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:09 am
Joe706 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:07 am
Practices started back up on Monday. Team meetings Friday/Saturday then they left campus (if they could) Saturday and Sunday to find some place with power and food options.
Joe706, Thanks for the information!!! Thank you!!!

Welcome to the board ! may I ask if you are currently in school there? Or just "in the know"? ;)
Got one on the roster - he keeps me in the loop (sometimes).
AWESOME - we are glad to have you. insights are welcome... but only those you feel you can share. Like the practice ability of the team this week. Much appreciated sir !

May I ask simply what year your 'one on the roster' is ?? Freshman, Sophomore, .... ?
 #91469  by FUBeAR
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:12 am
bellhop’s Head Coach Press Conference - Post-ETSU / Pre-Furman …not sure why it won’t embed … other than cuz Stumpy hates FUBeAR, of course…

https://www.youtube.com/live/zcOkQXzc6xQ
 #91471  by FUTex
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:45 am
The entirety of the Paladins' future could be decided this Saturday. Well, not really. As everyone knows, crewmen from the CSS Hunley were unearthed under Johnson Hagood, and that is a wicked mojo against us. Further, those Citadel boys have been eating the paint chips from their east stands. Those are two bad signs right there.

Now that the Paladins have sagely abandoned the lawnchair offensive line scheme we can expect some improvement. We'll see. Now if we only had an unhinged maniac to plug somewhere into the DL we'd be set.
 #91472  by Joe706
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:09 am
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:
Practices started back up on Monday. Team meetings Friday/Saturday then they left campus (if they could) Saturday and Sunday to find some place with power and food options.

Welcome to the board ! may I ask if you are currently in school there? Or just "in the know"? ;)
AWESOME - we are glad to have you. insights are welcome... but only those you feel you can share. Like the practice ability of the team this week. Much appreciated sir !

May I ask simply what year your 'one on the roster' is ?? Freshman, Sophomore, .... ?
(R) Sophomore
gofurman liked this
 #91473  by Joe706
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:13 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:32 pm
Joe706 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:
LOL - FUBeAR feels ya - brings back great memories, actually … :)
I have been lurking here for 3 years now and always get a kick out of your user name. I have the one on the Furman roster and then my other son is at Mercer. Not quite the same as your dual association with the both schools. I will give it to my Bear - he will rock the purple one game a year.
 #91474  by FUBeAR
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:53 am
Joe706 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:13 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:32 pm
Joe706 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:
LOL - FUBeAR feels ya - brings back great memories, actually … :)
I have been lurking here for 3 years now and always get a kick out of your user name. I have the one on the Furman roster and then my other son is at Mercer. Not quite the same as your dual association with the both schools. I will give it to my Bear - he will rock the purple one game a year.
DNA before BA
Joe706 liked this
 #91475  by FUATT
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:49 am
On the "if we play issue" the AD has put out a pregame release and game notes are up so I'd think that's a pretty good indication we are headed to the coast this weekend.
bj93 liked this
 #91476  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:52 am
Joe706 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:09 am
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Joe706 wrote:

(R) Sophomore
Joe706, thanks ! Hey, check your Private Messages please!!!

I like to keep some of this stuff offline
 #91492  by FUBeAR
 Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:30 pm
Good story…

If we’re up like 70-0 in the 4th quarter we should enable him to fulfill the dream he expresses at the end of this interview and let him score a TD…

…or not. :lol:
Roundball liked this
 #91493  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:07 am
Don’t see a Score / Prediction thread … ain’t gonna start one…

DATE AWAY TEAM HOME TEAM TIME WHAT IT DO
10/5 Furman The Citadel 2P

The bellhops demonstrated vs. Mercer that they can adapt their Offense, if not their will, to do what is necessary to find something that works. In that game, they found chunkin’ it deep was their only hope. If they would have had the will to do that every play, they may have been more successful. Despite the outcome vs. ETSU, they also found some things (QB rotation / p/a passes) that also had promise. The ToySoldiers’ Defense wasn’t horrible against Mercer and was solid against ETSU, save allowing some big runs. They, self-admittedly, just don’t have the Team Speed to compete every play in the SoCon.

Other than missing out on a certain W against Samford, nothing could have been more beneficial to Furman than having another week to improve via practice. The growth from the Paladins unfortunate loss to ChuckSouth to the close loss to #12 W&M has been remarkable. To paraphrase Coach Twain, the reports of the demise of the Paladins are greatly exaggerated. The young and greatly improved Furman Football Team will be on display in The Holy City tomorrow afternoon.

Furman 64 - bellhops 37
Bootie, FUATT liked this
 #91500  by The Jackal
 Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:29 am
It will be a season of ups and downs, but I have watched some, at times, truly impressive football from a young group of players. We're going to keep getting better every week.
 #91506  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:40 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:28 pm
It's CITADEL WEEK. Get fired up !!

What do we know.

They edged CSU. Lost to SC State.. LOST TO TWO GOOD TEAMS - so if we play them we really know where we stand. GOOD TEAMS BEAT THE CITADEL ! IE, Mercer and ETSU put the beatin' on Citadel. CSU and SC State were fairly even with them. Pretty easy to get a read, no?

-----------------------------------------

Most recently, vs ETSU (after a harrowing road trip !) - ETSU gained roughly 460 yards and CItadel 260. roughly.
That's fairly dominant. It was a turnover filled game but good teams overcome this - ETSU lost FOUR turnovers and gained two... for a fairly significant negative two ratio. Yet, ETSU won anyway.

The major difference in these two teams was RUSHING. RUSHING I SAY.
ETSU 308 yards; 40 attempts - 7.7 PER CARRY !
Citadel 80; 37 attempts' for 2.2 PER CARRY !

The game is won by rushing and stopping the run. In this game, in some odd stat, despite the dominant rushing... ETSU was only 3-11 on 3rd down. Awesome rushing would usually yield more than that

The other thing that sticks out to me is Citadel did intercept ETSU 3 times ! Not sure if that's an aberration but it sure helped.

----------------------------------------------------

MERCER put an FUBeAR whoopin on them too. Also controlled the LOS from a running standpoint. Need to look more closely but as far as rushing -
CITADEL AGAIN with exactly 2.2 yards per carry ... exactly the same as v ETSU. basically 60 yards rushing total in the game.
MERCER with a good 180 yards rushing (I would take that for Furman!) on 38 attempts for 4.7 yards per rush.
I think that would be such a springboard for our offense and take so much pressure off the young QB etc.
I WANT TO SEE US RUN THE BALL ON THESE GUYS. The good SoCon teams have been doing that. Big time.
and STOP THE RUN. Mercer and ETSU - new coach etc BOTH held these guys to 2.2 yards per rush.

On the other hand... Citadel out gained CSU on the ground by 100 yards :shock:

Then LESS PENALTIES, LESS TURNOVERS. I will even allow for 2 turnovers given. Which is not good. But improvement.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar HONEST guess... Furman v Citadel score

by FurmAlum

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Default Avatar Citadel - if we play...

by gofurman

Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:40 pm

User avatar El Cid Watch party?

by FUBeAR

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:19 pm

Default Avatar VEGAS says ---

by gofurman

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:46 pm

Default Avatar New Fan...

by bigpurple75

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.