• Game postponed

#91355  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:33 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:33 pm
Why can they play in Spartanburg and not in Greenville? Is the power out at FU? Lots of damage? TV showed a fair amount of trees down on the Wofford campus.

Can the game be played tomorrow afternoon or Monday afternoon/night?
My guess would include lots of storm damage on Furman’s campus making it unsafe & unsuitable for fans to attend. Plus the travel conditions along the route from Samford to Furman as well as from all the places Furman fans travel from may be unsuitable - debris & tress down, businesses closed, no power. Overall, just unwise to play, taking everything into consideration. I still suspect the game may be made up, possible even November 29 if both teams fail to make playoffs - and we may not know that before Nov 24.
 #91357  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:38 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Why can they play in Spartanburg and not in Greenville? Is the power out at FU? Lots of damage? TV showed a fair amount of trees down on the Wofford campus.

It was Family Weekend at Furman. No hotels open. Most restaurants closed. The campus had no power when the decision was made. Plus, yes, it was worse in Greenville than in Spartanburg. Greenville caught the right side of the eye wall of the storm. My neighbor (tree hit house) says Allstate coded our damage as Code Orange, with Code Red being the worst. It is going to take more than a week to get power fully restored. It was the right decision to cancel the game.
 #91358  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:47 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:54 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:38 pm
Both teams in the middle of pretty bad seasons so far, probably both were fine with not playing.......

I would assume this is probably close to completely wrong.
I am not saying players don't want to play (I know they do), I am saying administration ;)

And yes 100% both teams are having bad years to date unfortunately...
 #91360  by tim
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:31 pm
It's as good as a loss.Devastating to conf championship or playoff hopes. Can't lose one now.
 #91365  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:05 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Both teams in the middle of pretty bad seasons so far, probably both were fine with not playing.......
Ridiculous comment.
 #91366  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:07 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

No power. 90% of Greenville with no power. That should tell the story.
 #91367  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:10 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

I am not saying players don't want to play (I know they do), I am saying administration ;)

Stupid cover-up response.
 #91368  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:11 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:10 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Stupid cover-up response.

Relax geez...

I guarantee nothing would have stopped us from playing Sammy at Woffy (for example) tomorrow if we were that serious about getting this game played...
Its probably just not important enough though and not worth the time/effort/money to figure all that stuff out, honestly can't say I blame them...

Recent Topics

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:49 pm

User avatar Game postponed

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar F Lane Kiffin

by Choir Boy

Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:39 pm

User avatar 2024-2025 Schedule Released

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.