• FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

#91113  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:26 pm
GREAT STUFF. PHENOMENAL. ALL without Harris who could have had production and drawn attention towards him

Issue is where are the running highlights. I’ll skip highlights. Give me consistent 5 yard runs. Like the easy untouched power run for a TD by Grant Robinson someone posted. 4 yards. Untouched. Great OL shove towards the left.
 #91119  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:56 pm
Yes. That was the model. Starts with the right call up front and then execution. If I’m not mistaken that was the sequence with the number 2 Center.
 #91124  by Louis Tully
 Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:33 pm
I would run the QB more. Hedden can hoof it. Designed keepers, draws, etc.
apaladin, gofurman, dornb liked this
 #91137  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:21 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:33 pm
I would run the QB more. Hedden can hoof it. Designed keepers, draws, etc.
Louis, ive been thinking about this too. Maybe just 5 a game. That really keeps a defense honest. I’m big on running QBs. All we have to do is look at Huff or William and Mary. If you never run the QB it’s 10 vs 11. Run the qb and it’s 11 on 11

Of course we have to stop the run too. I wish I could watch the game replay. Assume I can’t. ? I tried YouTube. Just highlights so far
 #91140  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:21 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:21 am
This is kind of what I'm talking about. Inside the 10, Furman puts two RBs on the field. This is just a power play - hat on a hat.

I'm not weighing in on whether something is right or wrong or good or bad. I don't really have an answer for the issues with the run game. i don't necessarily pin it on the offensive line, though. From what I could tell, last night Hedden was kept pretty clean and in some instances had all day to throw. I thought they did a good job.
THANKS JACKAL !!!

That's the one I have been thinking of. BEAUTIFUL RUNNING THERE ! POWER. hat on a hat as you say... simplistic and powerful

If we had 5+ more plays per game like this (5 yard runs) we might be 3-1 and a different team

Recent Topics

User avatar Dins to Vegas !

by FU Hoopla

Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:27 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:21 am

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:18 am

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:39 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:29 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.