Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:10 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:36 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:41 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:52 am
9/14 Stetson @ Furman
The Paladins are wounded with their 0-2 record, but a young, reloading Team will encounter a speed bump or 2 along the way. But a QB change, like a new broom, sweeps clean. FUBeAR just read that FU’s True Freshman wunderkind QB is a combination of Ingle Martin, Frankie DeBusk, and, yep, Patrick Mahomes. You may not know those names, but FUBeAR is told they are/were pretty fair QB’s. The Stetson Hatters’ campus is just up the road from Trey Hedden’s hometown, so expect him to show out BIG for the hometown folks in his 1st college start. Paladins doff the Hatters.

Furman 77 - Stetson 0
Perhaps FUBeAR was a tad optimistic, but, in the main, he had the right idea.

FUR - Passing
Player Cmp Att. Yds. TD Int. Long
Hedden,Trey 20 27 267 2 0 58

Will commit to reading every 3rd post by AP & GF this week in order to temper his enthusiasm.
FUBeAR. That’s a little rude and WRONG. one, I’m a HUGE FAN.

And two it is a little ignorant as AP said. CCH doesn’t run up scores like Lane Kiffin. He said exactly that post game at Ole Miss. CCH HIMSELF SAID - after Ole Miss - that he has been on the other side of that type game and there two ways to handle it. Meaning that CCH doesn’t run up scores. CCH was gracious in ending Bobby Lambs career at Mercer to be honest. Coukda piled on more but didn’t.

So I see that you don’t listen to our coach who basically has TOLD US there would not be a 77-0. CCH doesn’t do that. And I’m proud he doesn’t. I don’t think we will ever see a 77-0 with CCH. Too classy
Mercer was 2-1 and 1-0 in the SoCon when Mercer played at Furman in 2019. Quite a stretch to claim that Coach Hendrix ‘ended Coach Lamb’s career at Mercer’ with 8 total and 6 SoCon games remaining on the schedule that year.

A still possible, after the Furman loss, record of 10-2 / 7-1 would have won the SoCon Championship and assuredly been a Playoff season for Mercer.

Going 4-8 / 3-5 with a 7th place SoCon finish in his final season and Mercer going 27-29 for the 5 prior seasons resulted in Coach Lamb’s contract at Mercer not being extended.
Not gonna look. Just recall Lamb struggling some in a year and Furman coulda run it up. Chose not to. That’s all.

No biggie
 #90791  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:52 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:47 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
9/14 Stetson @ Furman
The Paladins are wounded with their 0-2 record, but a young, reloading Team will encounter a speed bump or 2 along the way. But a QB change, like a new broom, sweeps clean. FUBeAR just read that FU’s True Freshman wunderkind QB is a combination of Ingle Martin, Frankie DeBusk, and, yep, Patrick Mahomes. You may not know those names, but FUBeAR is told they are/were pretty fair QB’s. The Stetson Hatters’ campus is just up the road from Trey Hedden’s hometown, so expect him to show out BIG for the hometown folks in his 1st college start. Paladins doff the Hatters.

Furman 77 - Stetson 0

FUR - Passing

Will commit to reading every 3rd post by AP & GF this week in order to temper his enthusiasm.

And two it is a little ignorant as AP said. CCH doesn’t run up scores like Lane Kiffin. He said exactly that post game at Ole Miss. CCH HIMSELF SAID - after Ole Miss - that he has been on the other side of that type game and there two ways to handle it. Meaning that CCH doesn’t run up scores. CCH was gracious in ending Bobby Lambs career at Mercer to be honest. Coukda piled on more but didn’t.

So I see that you don’t listen to our coach who basically has TOLD US there would not be a 77-0. CCH doesn’t do that. And I’m proud he doesn’t. I don’t think we will ever see a 77-0 with CCH. Too classy
Mercer was 2-1 and 1-0 in the SoCon when Mercer played at Furman in 2019. Quite a stretch to claim that Coach Hendrix ‘ended Coach Lamb’s career at Mercer’ with 8 total and 6 SoCon games remaining on the schedule that year.

A still possible, after the Furman loss, record of 10-2 / 7-1 would have won the SoCon Championship and assuredly been a Playoff season for Mercer.

Going 4-8 / 3-5 with a 7th place SoCon finish in his final season and Mercer going 27-29 for the 5 prior seasons resulted in Coach Lamb’s contract at Mercer not being extended.
Not gonna look. Just recall Lamb struggling some in a year and Furman coulda run it up. Chose not to. That’s all.
So, you just “honestly” made up something that you thought sounded tough, which was nothing but a false, inflammatory comment about 2 fine men of Furman Football, who grew up as best friends and whose careers have been intertwined for half a century.

Looking toward a next career in politics or in “journalism?”
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #90796  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:51 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
9/14 Stetson @ Furman

Furman 77 - Stetson 0

FUR - Passing

So, you just “honestly” made up something that you thought sounded tough, which was nothing but a false, inflammatory comment about 2 fine men of Furman Football, who grew up as best friends and whose careers have been intertwined for half a century.

No I didn't make it up. You could see the writing on the wall. To your point about Mercer coulda won the SoCon after Furman... PLEEZE. GROW UP. You could see it. Here's your analogy. Billy Napier could win the SEC or at least every remaining game... BUT HE ISNT GOING TO - you wanna bet on that??????
I'll throw $2K he doesn't win 8 games this year in SEC. Just like your Mercer pups that year. Lots of games left L O L - the writing is on the wall. Mercer was dead. So is Florida.

OK, I will look it up because I DID NOT MAKE IT UP you freakin ... How could you not know what I am talking about ??? I didn't say I made it up. I just didn't feel like looking up dates at 3 AM. But since you can't get your facts straight I will.

Oh, look ... I WAS RIGHT.

Lamb was let go in 2019... the same year Furman took it easy ( I think we kneeled at the end of the game) after beating the absolute SHIZNIT out of Mercer 45-10. WTH are you talking about and what is Wolfpacker agreeing with. It was 45-10 at the end of the third quarter and we pulled off. I was there. It was embarrassing for Mercer. EMBARRASING. We coulda run it up to 50s or 60 - 10. Might as well have been Stetson. Other people here remember it too. I recall discussing it with others and we agreed that was it for Bobby Lamb. Then yall got Drew Cronic who was MUCH BETTER.

Hear me, I do see your point, it wasn't just that one game - but it's like Florida now. It was like Miami trouncing Florida this year .. it was just too much and too many games. The aggregate was becoming to much

We even quit scoring in the third quarter !!! Good grief... if that didn't tell you it was gonna be the end for BL - several messages and posts were made. Don't believe me? HE . WAS. LET GO - so you can say what you want but it went down just like I said.

Quote ---
"On November 24, 2019, Lamb was terminated as Mercer's football coach after the team went 4–8 that season, including 3–5 in the Southern Conference

Furman beat the Helalal out of Mercer , people saw the writing on the wall ( like Napier) and that year he was let go. Case closed. Lamb is a super GREAT GUY. Not sure he is a great HC. some people just aren't .. I am glad we have CCH (as NUMEROUS OTHERS HAVE SAID "I will take CCH over BL all day !" - I have gotten many a PM about that). I wish BL or BF had succeeded but it just didn't work. Some are made to be Head coaches.. some aren't.

No need to defend BL because of his Furman lineage. Great guy. Great player here. NOT the best Head Coach. Had a shot at Furman... then Mercer.. now he is at Anderson and I wish him the best.
 #90809  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:56 am
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
9/14 Stetson @ Furman

Furman 77 - Stetson 0

FUR - Passing

No I didn't make it up. You could see the writing on the wall. To your point about Mercer coulda won the SoCon after Furman... PLEEZE. GROW UP. You could see it. Here's your analogy. Billy Napier could win the SEC or at least every remaining game... BUT HE ISNT GOING TO - you wanna bet on that??????
I'll throw $2K he doesn't win 8 games this year in SEC. Just like your Mercer pups that year. Lots of games left L O L - the writing is on the wall. Mercer was dead. So is Florida.

OK, I will look it up because I DID NOT MAKE IT UP you freakin ... How could you not know what I am talking about ??? I didn't say I made it up. I just didn't feel like looking up dates at 3 AM. But since you can't get your facts straight I will.

Lamb was let go in 2019... the same year Furman took it easy ( I think we kneeled at the end of the game) after beating the absolute SHIZNIT out of Mercer 45-10. WTH are you talking about and what is Wolfpacker agreeing with. It was 45-10 at the end of the third quarter and we pulled off. I was there. It was embarrassing for Mercer. EMBARRASING. We coulda run it up to 50s or 60 - 10. Might as well have been Stetson. Other people here remember it too. I recall discussing it with others and we agreed that was it for Bobby Lamb. Then yall got Drew Cronic who was MUCH BETTER.

Hear me, I do see your point, it wasn't just that one game - but it's like Florida now. It was like Miami trouncing Florida this year .. it was just too much and too many games. The aggregate was becoming to much

We even quit scoring in the third quarter !!! Good grief... if that didn't tell you it was gonna be the end for BL - several messages and posts were made. Don't believe me? HE . WAS. LET GO - so you can say what you want but it went down just like I said.

Quote ---
“On November 24, 2019, Lamb was terminated as Mercer's football coach after the team went 4–8 that season, including 3–5 in the Southern Conference

Furman beat the Helalal out of Mercer , people saw the writing on the wall ( like Napier) and that year he was let go. Case closed. Lamb is a super GREAT GUY. Not sure he is a great HC. some people just aren't .. I am glad we have CCH (as NUMEROUS OTHERS HAVE SAID "I will take CCH over BL all day !" - I have gotten many a PM about that). I wish BL or BF had succeeded but it just didn't work. Some are made to be Head coaches.. some aren't.

No need to defend BL because of his Furman lineage. Great guy. Great player here. NOT the best Head Coach. Had a shot at Furman... then Mercer.. now he is at Anderson and I wish him the best.
That’s a lot of oddly emphasized words just to admit, “Yeah, I made it up.”
 #90815  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:33 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
9/14 Stetson @ Furman

Furman 77 - Stetson 0

FUR - Passing

Quote ---
“On November 24, 2019, Lamb was terminated as Mercer's football coach after the team went 4–8 that season, including 3–5 in the Southern Conference

That’s a lot of oddly emphasized words just to say, “Yeah, I made it up.”
I didn't make anything up. FU KILLING Mercer (how often does one SoCon team get so far ahead of another that they have to pull off in the 4th quarter :o :o :o ) ??? was at least a contributing nail in the coffin. It certainly didn't help BL. No doubt about that part. It hurt his cause. As was (sadly) Miami and Texas AM for our ol' QB Napier. It's a good analogy. Say Napier lasts to the end of the year at UF (I doubt it but hope he does for him) ... Anyone who denies that the early games vs Miami and Texas AM were contributing "nails in his coffin" is fooling themselves.

College Football is brutal on coaches when things turn. I wish BL nothing but the best. Hope they win a national title at Anderson. but heck, his OWN SCHOOL (Furman) had to make the decision to let him "resign"

Anyway, lets move on and hope our Furman guys beat WM !!!
 #90819  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:53 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:33 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
9/14 Stetson @ Furman

Furman 77 - Stetson 0

FUR - Passing

Quote ---

That’s a lot of oddly emphasized words just to say, “Yeah, I made it up.”
at least a contributing nail
It certainly didn't help
It hurt
How many more oddly emphasized words do you think you’ll need just to keep saying, “Yeah, I made it up?”
 #90879  by FUTex
 Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:45 am
That is a beautiful exchange. I really enjoyed that.

I met Bobby Lamb once. I was rounding a corner in Greenville and a guy punched me right in the chest and knocked me down. I looked up and said "Oh wow, Bobby Lamb!" He said "Sorry. I thought you were somebody else." Then he ran away. I followed him up Main Street where three blocks away I saw Clay Hendrix give him a dollar.
 #90888  by Affirm
 Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:46 am
My "official score guess" remains, as stated, Furman 20 - W&M 35. W&M by 15.
But I do hope that my guess will be way wrong and we will will and remain ahead of them in the overall series which is presently 8-7 in Furman's favor.
Note however that since W&M was founded 1693 and Furman, 1826, W&M already has us by 133 (1826-1693).
[Stetson plays at Harvard Saturday, and Harvard (founded 1836) already has Stetson (founded 1883) by 247.]
 #90895  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:30 am
Affirm wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:46 am
My "official score guess" remains, as stated, Furman 20 - W&M 35. W&M by 15.
But I do hope that my guess will be way wrong and we will will and remain ahead of them in the overall series which is presently 8-7 in Furman's favor.
Note however that since W&M was founded 1693 and Furman, 1826, W&M already has us by 133 (1826-1693).
[Stetson plays at Harvard Saturday, and Harvard (founded 1836) already has Stetson (founded 1883) by 247.]
As best I can tell, the last time Furman surrendered 30+ points to a regular season FCS opponent was Western Carolina in 2022 (the wild shootout game with 1,100+ yards of combined offense).

I believe the last time a non-conference FCS opponent scored 30+ on Furman in the regular season was against Elon in 2018.

Since Duane Vaughn assumed the defensive coordinator role in 2019, it appears Furman has surrendered 30+ points to a regular season FCS opponent only 6 times. 5 of those 6 times were to Samford and Western Carolina. Half of those 6 games occurred during a three week stretch at the end of the 2021 season (a season we went 6-5).

Recent Topics

User avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:31 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUpaladin08

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:09 pm

User avatar starting lineup projection

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:38 pm

Default Avatar Furman's First Opponent of 2024 Football Season

by gman84

Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:55 pm

User avatar TALENT FEE

by Davemeister

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:25 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.