• Furman v Stetson

#90579  by Paladin83
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:07 pm
Offense is pathetic. OL getting dominated. Defense is a little better, but their starting QB was scratched before the game. Now they have third string in there. Stupid penalties and no timeouts left with 13 minutes left in half. Overall I give it an F+.
 #90580  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:09 pm
FUTex wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:06 pm
Watch that O Line. Frankly, I can't tell what's going on. Is it a simple case of being out-manned? They started out the game I think making a pretty decent picket line, then something happened.
Same thing vs CSU. OL was better in first half than second half. This game OL apparently was much better early and now getting beat repeatedly
 #90582  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:20 pm
To be fair to Stetson I’m almost sure this is their second and third string QB. not their stud.

Easy Pass Interference calls on our DBs. At least 2 or 3. We can’t cover deep very well without particular DBs getting picked on. They go at the same DB almost every time

Im a bonehead and I can see the defensive PI

Look our front 7 D has been a run stopping machine (the CSU back was able to carve us up better). The quick outs and PASS INTERFERENCES are killing us. And early penalties But I’ll take our D if we could just add 10 points to our O every game
 #90583  by FUTex
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:25 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:07 pm
Offense is pathetic. OL getting dominated. Defense is a little better, but their starting QB was scratched before the game. Now they have third string in there. Stupid penalties and no timeouts left with 13 minutes left in half. Overall I give it an F+.
I'd give it a B. D looks good. We're up 17-0.
Roundball liked this
 #90586  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:32 pm
And there’s some O. Great pass and catch to Harris !!!!

To your overall grades above I would honestly give us a D. At best because I’m thinking these guys are bottom team of SoCon (maybe beat VMI?) and today missing their starting QB in a pass heavy O. And it worries me the inability to run on a team like this. Our OL IS GETTING beat - long term the OL is the issue. Second issue is our DBs and the constant pass interference calls. Which are legit
 #90587  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:38 pm
I am really shocked that we haven’t mixed up the OL a little bit. Especially since we’ve pride ourselves on multi-position linemen. This won’t get it done.
 #90588  by FUTex
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:56 pm
Bobby Heddon is having a pretty good day. Yes, I know he's inconsistent. I think he just got his driver's license just two years ago, so go easy on him.
 #90589  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:57 pm
Great stuff (Harris !) to start Q3. Sweet

Let’s we the OL get some run blocking
 #90591  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:00 pm
Was kinda of wonderng when we were going to stretch the field.
 #90592  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:06 pm
I was just now able to tune into the game. From the posts, I figured we were losing or the game was close. We are up only 31-0 early in the 3rd. Why the negativity?
Last edited by Roundball on Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dornb liked this
 #90593  by FUTex
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:58 pm
Who is Bobby Hedden?
Sorry. Frankie Hedden. The kid from Tampa Catholic.

Okay. I don't know your age. The great Furman quarterbacks of the past include Bobby Lamb and Frankie DeBusk. The name mistakes are a dutiful homage to the great ones. I do realize you wouldn't find it funny. It wasn't supposed to be. Let's put that aside and focus on the Evil Portal that's messin' with our O Line.

Recent Topics

User avatar TALENT FEE

by Davemeister

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:25 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by FurmanFan23

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar starting lineup projection

by Davemeister

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:15 am

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by Affirm

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:11 am

Default Avatar Furman's First Opponent of 2024 Football Season

by Affirm

Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.