#90364  by Affirm
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:12 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:04 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:54 pm
Uh oh…

Careful. Don't give Affirm any ideas.
Don’t blame FUBeAR! Affirm already had/has those ideas.
Last edited by Affirm on Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #90365  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:15 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:39 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Uh oh…
Dang - Cal Poly and EWU and perennially good teams ! Legit playoff teams.

I am sure we are not looking ahead. Regardless of Stetson's rank within the PFL - we shouldn't be looking ahead of ANYONE right now
Cal Poly is 16-55 since 2017.
They have not had a winning season since 2016.
The last time they were “good” was 2012, when they were 9-3 and lost in the 1st round of the Playoffs.
 #90368  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:58 pm
EWU hasn’t been good in a while either. Plus Drake was picked as the PFL champion so the best of that conference. Stetson was picked last for reference.

St Francis has had a few good season I think. Don’t think Murray St has done much recently either.
 #90381  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:02 pm
That Dayton win over St.Francis stands out. St. Francis beat FBS Kent State Saturday. Kent State now has to go to Tennessee this weekend. Wonder what the line on that one will be? 😳
 #90393  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:33 am
I don't much care about the score.

Do the little things better. Get timing right. Catch the ball. Block your assignment. Communicate better. Get pass protection sorted out. Limit turnovers.
 #90394  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:43 am
The Jackal wrote:

Do the little things better. Get timing right. Catch the ball. Block your assignment. Communicate better. Get pass protection sorted out. Limit turnovers.
Agree to an extent. I mean, if we win 21-20 vs the Stetson Mad Hatters we have real issues. But yes, IMPROVE IMPROVE IMPROVE - also, are you ok if we do improve in an area or two but still lose on the scoreboard? If it was a good FCS I could agree but not to Stetson, ... this week we need to improve AND WIN on the scoreboard also

But I get it. I have to assume you mean we are winning and you don't care if it is by 7 or 30. Still, a close win over Stetson would worry me going forward. As others corrected me - this is one of the worst teams in FCS
 #90395  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:45 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:15 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:39 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Uh oh…
Dang - Cal Poly and EWU and perennially good teams ! Legit playoff teams.

I am sure we are not looking ahead. Regardless of Stetson's rank within the PFL - we shouldn't be looking ahead of ANYONE right now
Cal Poly is 16-55 since 2017.
They have not had a winning season since 2016.
The last time they were “good” was 2012, when they were 9-3 and lost in the 1st round of the Playoffs.
My Mistake.. just remember the Cooper Kupp years at EWU etc. And seeing Cal Poly in the playoffs. But my mistake
 #90396  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:50 am
Well, EWU has been good more recently. They've just had a rough couple of years. They had a run of good QBs but I think they're still looking for that next guy. Probably still shouldn't be losing to Drake (even if they are the favorite in the PFL I think)
 #90402  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:10 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:43 am
The Jackal wrote:

Agree to an extent. I mean, if we win 21-20 vs the Stetson Mad Hatters we have real issues. But yes, IMPROVE IMPROVE IMPROVE - also, are you ok if we do improve in an area or two but still lose on the scoreboard? If it was a good FCS I could agree but not to Stetson, ... this week we need to improve AND WIN on the scoreboard also

But I get it. I have to assume you mean we are winning and you don't care if it is by 7 or 30. Still, a close win over Stetson would worry me going forward. As others corrected me - this is one of the worst teams in FCS

Obviously you want to win the game. I am not going to panic if we win by 10 and Vegas says we should win by 30. None of that really matters to me.

What matters to me is seeing a team that is cleaning up the mistakes. Play a clean football game.

The most important part of the schedule is still in front of us.
 #90404  by Davemeister
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:28 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Well, EWU has been good more recently. They've just had a rough couple of years. They had a run of good QBs but I think they're still looking for that next guy. Probably still shouldn't be losing to Drake (even if they are the favorite in the PFL I think)

Aren't they the ones with the red playing surface?
 #90405  by Furmanoid
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:40 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:28 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:

Aren't they the ones with the red playing surface?
Yes! I used to love it when they were in the playoffs. Watching football on the red field was sort of a Christmas tradition.
 #90406  by FUTex
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:19 pm
My prediculation is Furman 27 Stetson 24

Here's why:

1-I cannot predict a non-Furman victory. That is forbidden. That's explicit in the King James version, yet between the lines, so to speak.

2-The Evil Portal is still active, and we have no idea yet where it's even located, let alone a practical plan on how to close it.

3-We don't know if the Paladins will show up with their lawn chair offensive line or not. You know, you get a nice folding lawn chair, set it up, and it does just fine until my 300 pound little brother shows up and drunkenly sits his girth on it and WHAM it collapses to the dirt. So you look at the lawn chair and examine the thin aluminum frame and plastic webbing seat and back, and decide that it's okay because it appears manufactured with the highest lawn chair engineering standards (no cellophane tape nor bits of string) and you set it up again and then my little brother returns with three chili dawgs and a Big Gulp cup filled with beer and sits on it again and WHAM it collapses in the dirt. So you put it back together and set it up again and this time you're smart so you wiggle it into the dirt a bit and make sure its level and you get some leaves and sticks gathered around the base, and it looks all better now, then here comes my corpulent little brother running naked out of the woods frantically screaming that he needs a handi-wipe and he aims for the lawn chair and KA-WHAM its collapsed in the dirt again. So you set up the lawn chair again and Carson Jones steps back for a pass and WHAM he gets sacked by a 300 pound hairy messed up drunk with chili breath and curious sanitation habits.
Paladin82, FUBeAR liked this
 #90408  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:02 pm
Am he wear a Hat when he immersed from the wood to sack the FU QB?
 #90412  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:49 pm
I suspect a small crowd Saturday after the first 2 games. Maybe 6000-6500?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUpaladin08

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:09 pm

User avatar starting lineup projection

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:38 pm

Default Avatar Furman's First Opponent of 2024 Football Season

by gman84

Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:55 pm

User avatar TALENT FEE

by Davemeister

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:25 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by FurmanFan23

Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:18 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.