• FURMAN AT OLE MISS-WE HAVE A CHANCE

#89876  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:33 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:24 pm
Nothing that happens in this game has me the least bit worried.

In my view, this is only team in the country that will intentionally keep their foot on the gas up big.
True, these games use to be fun for us but not anymore...

I am glad college basketball is still more competative in these step up games than college football has now sadly become...
 #89877  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:34 pm
I've like a bit of what I've seen, score aside. We're rotating a lot of guys on defense. We've gotten to the QB a few times. We've had some nice pass defenses down field.

They've just got more horses than we do.
 #89880  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:36 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:33 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:24 pm
Nothing that happens in this game has me the least bit worried.

In my view, this is only team in the country that will intentionally keep their foot on the gas up big.
True, these games use to be fun for us but not anymore...

I am glad college basketball is still more competative in these step up games than college football has now sadly become...
There's a massive gap between college football's upper echelon teams.

Look at UGA. They beat the snot out of Clemson today. These teams are just on another planet and with transfer rules and NIL can basically pay for who they want to come to the program.

This isn't like Furman playing these power programs in the 80s or 90s.
 #89882  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:37 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:35 pm
I think we just lost so much after last year. I predict this will be a rebuilding year. Shocked that we were picked to come in second in the conference.
Nah.

We start the season with four non-conference games. We'll have a lot of this ironed out by the time we see Samford.

Remember, UTC got picked first and had a similar day against Tennessee today (a team that isn't as good as Ole Miss)
 #89884  by Paul C
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:42 pm
This means nothing. Ole Miss is the best team in the SEC West.

Still it’s painful to watch and demoralizing to our fan base and I don’t think these games are worth playing anymore.
jesse174 liked this
 #89885  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:50 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:34 pm
Let the basketball team play UConn. This game is irrelevant.
We always try to schedule big boys in hoops and they are generally scared to schedule us that's a fact, Iam glad Kansas was willing to put us on the schedule at least this year...
Last edited by FU Hoopla on Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #89887  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:51 pm
I don't like it either, but I'm literally not worried about anything yet. It sucks to watch, but I guess I just didn't expect much. I don't begrudge anyone who's overly upset about this. You and I just had different expectations for this game. My only hopes for the second half are no injuries and a semi-consistent running game so we can burn this second half away ASAP. Flush it and forget it. What happens in this game does not define a single thing going forward for this season. I will not make sweeping judgements about this defense or team based on playing a pro college team.

If we look like this and lose to CSU and get thottled by W&M then I'll be worried.
jesse174 liked this