• Welcome to Oxford

#89593  by themetalreb
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:14 pm
Hope some of you can make the trip over next week. It is going to be hot. Nevertheless, we look forward to seeing you in Oxford, Ms. The only time this matchup has ever happened was several years ago back in 1924. A friend of mine from Jackson has a great uncle who is 104 years old. He does not remember the game in 1924. Anyway, welcome, stay safe, and good luck this season...
dornb, apaladin, FUBeAR and 2 others liked this
 #89597  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:32 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Hope some of you can make the trip over next week. It is going to be hot. Nevertheless, we look forward to seeing you in Oxford, Ms. The only time this matchup has ever happened was several years ago back in 1924. A friend of mine from Jackson has a great uncle who is 104 years old. He does not remember the game in 1924. Anyway, welcome, stay safe, and good luck this season...
Have y’all seen Madine?
 #89604  by cavedweller2
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:01 am
themetalreb wrote:
Am you Uncle raise possums?
FUBeAR liked this
 #89609  by themetalreb
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:23 pm
Madine? Possums? U guys are an odd lot, but that's okay. I feel comfortable when I'm uncomfortable.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89610  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:30 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Madine? Possums? U guys are an odd lot, but that's okay. I feel comfortable when I'm uncomfortable.
Yes they are an odd lot, they think they are funny, pay them no mind. Appreciate the welcome. FU lost 16 starters off last years 10-3 team. Very young and inexperienced this year. Probably not a good year for the Paladins to be playing one of the best teams in the country. 2 years ago we played Clemson respectable and actually outgained the Tigers. Last year we had SC on the ropes for a while. Just hoping for the best this year.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
themetalreb liked this
 #89611  by SidBreamScores
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:33 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Thank you and back at ya. Oxford is the best college town on the planet. Amazing game day atmosphere like no other. But we are probably biased - our daughter plays softball for the Rebs. Hotty Toddy and enjoy what may well be an historic season at Ole Miss.
apaladin, themetalreb liked this
 #89613  by FUTex
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:22 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Thank you Metal Reb. We are excited about the game.

Yes, we can be an odd lot... some of us anyway. Apaladin is our local discourse authority and he has pronounced us unfunny. His opinion on the shenanigans of posters like me is understood by some, a conundrum to others.

Madine was special. There have been several unconfirmed sightings of her since her supposed demise. Quite mysterious. You can read all about her on the Furman Mississippi Negative Nancy thread. It is a bestseller and soon to be a major motion picture.
themetalreb, FUBeAR liked this
 #89614  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:08 pm
themetalreb wrote:
themetalreb wrote:
Love Oxford & tailgating in The Grove. Little Miss FUBeAR was an AOPi @ Ole Miss for 2 years before transferring to UGa when the Bulldogs AOPi Chapter made her a far superior NIL offer to appear in their Rush Dance-off video over in Athens.

FUBeAR so misses his regular chats with Coach BillyF, but he’s, unfortunately, not gonna be able to make it over to watch his Paladins maintain their unblemished, undefeated record against the RebelBearLandSharkHoundsMoles. He has, though, been STRONGLY recommending that any who have never reveled in the experience of a Saturday in The Grove need to make the pilgrimage.

Y’all have fun and say “Hey” to Coach from FUBeAR…
Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #89646  by themetalreb
 Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:56 pm
I do respect the Furman program...I remember the SC game last year. Furman got some shots in early, and if I remember correctly, actually had the lead for much of the first half. What usually happens in these type games, (and several other posters have already pointed this out), comes down to one word. Depth. I won't be shocked at all if we've got a 17-10 type game midway through the second quarter. There is no doubt that Furman has some good football players. But I'm guessing that towards the end of the first half, and certainly in the second half, Ole Miss will pull away. I am 51 years young and this is the most talented Rebel roster of my lifetime. We should win more than we lose. Ready for Saturday.
 #89654  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:02 pm
Yep FU was giving SC all they wanted until the refs took over near the end of the first half. A bogus call cost FU a first down that would have kept a drive alive instead of having to punt. Then the refs chose to ignore obvious push offs from the SC receivers the rest of the game. Hope we hang for a while but we are very young and experienced this year unlike last year.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89656  by soconjohn
 Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:34 pm
I feel like it might be the first time in my lifetime that (44 yrs ) that I can confidently say this is an Ole Miss team that is among 4 or 5 teams that could win it all….offense could be historic for y’all this season …I would be interested to see if Dart has a season similar to the one Joe Burrow had at LSU in 2019.
 #89657  by stonemd
 Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:27 pm
Good luck this season!

I hope Miss wins the national championship - with only 1 loss (your opener)
I'm sure you'd take that deal.
QCGlue liked this
 #89658  by FUBeAR
 Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:06 pm
stonemd wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:27 pm
Good luck this season!

I hope Miss wins the national championship - with only 1 loss (your opener)
I'm sure you'd take that deal.
That surely looks like Coach Freshwater down in Clarksdale, MS at the intersection of Hwy’s 61 & 49, don’t it?

Deals are done there, it is said.

Davemeister liked this