• Preseason '24

#89179  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:06 pm
Sounding great! Was Hall playing with the 2s mostly?
 #89182  by gman84
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:51 pm
Watched some of yesterday’s practice, mainly special teams, punting. Williams was punting the crap out of the ball. He did the same today and his fg kicking just as strong as Astro mentioned. One thing that does stand out that Astro also mentioned is how tall our O line has become the last few years, and yes, no over weight guys. It’s hard to evaluate in these scrimmages because it’s not always 1s vs 1s. It’s more about guys getting opportunities to show their development and skill sets. As far as qbs go, I was only there 30-40 mins, nobody looked bad.
Also, Astro would have given a different evaluation if I hadn’t shown up to distract him.
 #89189  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:46 pm
Thanks everyone for the updates. Hope everyone can make fanfest next week.
 #89193  by AstroDin
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:59 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:06 pm
Sounding great! Was Hall playing with the 2s mostly?
As Gman mentioned, the rotations often mixed lineups. From what I saw, the coaches were primarily leaning on Hall, Everheart, and Croasdale. Hall played with the first team a good bit.
 #89194  by AstroDin
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:03 pm
I forgot what I wanted to mention in my earlier post.
We do seem to be more explosive on offense. Part of this is that Hinton is so explosive.
From what I saw of Devin Hester, I believe he has similar traits.
Gman had mentioned this to me earlier. It's obvious that Joshua Harris has gained a good bit of muscle weight. He's now over 190 - I think he weighed 160 when he came to Furman.
 #89224  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:14 am
It will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable changes in the rotations after the scrimmage.
AstroDin liked this
 #89229  by FUBeAR
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:33 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
It will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable changes in the rotations after the scrimmage.
That is often the case. For example…

This one time, at band camp…no, it was football preseason camp, FUBeAR was a starting O-Lineman for the Paladins.

At the very beginning of the Monday AM practice, following the 1st Saturday scrimmage, we O-Linemen were working on alignment / stances / starts as 3 groups - 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s lined up behind each other in 3 rows. We were down on Poteat Field…now the Soccer Stadium field…and Coach Sheridan, coming from his office in the Old Gym, appeared at the top of the hill…near the visiting baseball Team’s dugout, stopped, and yelled, very, very loudly…for ALL to hear.

“COACH CALDWELL. PUT FUBeAR BACK ON THE 3RD TEAM WHERE HE BELONGS!”

Apparently FUBeAR had not performed very well the in the previous Saturday scrimmage. Subtlety about poor performance was not a hallmark of Coach Sheridan’s Coaching style.

FUBeAR learned though…no more staying out & up ALL night before a Saturday scrimmage…just is not a good plan.
 #89230  by gman84
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:33 am
FUBeAR wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:

This one time, at band camp…no, it was football preseason camp, FUBeAR was a starting O-Lineman for the Paladins.

At the very beginning of the Monday AM practice, following the 1st Saturday scrimmage, we O-Linemen were working on alignment / stances / starts as 3 groups - 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s lined up behind each other in 3 rows. We were down on Poteat Field…now the Soccer Stadium field…and Coach Sheridan, coming from his office in the Old Gym, appeared at the top of the hill…near the visiting baseball Team’s dugout, stopped, and yelled, very, very loudly…for ALL to hear.

Apparently FUBeAR had not performed very well the in the previous Saturday scrimmage. Subtlety about poor performance was not a hallmark of Coach Sheridan’s Coaching style.

FUBeAR learned though…no more staying out & up ALL night before a Saturday scrimmage…just is not a good plan.
Only a good plan if there is a potential band camp experience! Maybe.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89233  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:22 am
AstroDin wrote:
We do seem to be more explosive on offense. Part of this is that Hinton is so explosive.
Gman had mentioned this to me earlier. It's obvious that Joshua Harris has gained a good bit of muscle weight. He's now over 190 - I think he weighed 160 when he came to Furman.
So what you are saying iis the defense is going to give up a lot of explosion plays even against an inexperienced offense. like FU. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by apaladin on Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #89234  by tim
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:

:D Funny... The thought of Sheridan yelling the name FuBear.... I know he didn't and I know that's not what you meant but hilarious! Anyway, I dropped by there today but didn't stay. Looked like they were in shorts.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89251  by AstroDin
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
So what you are saying iis the defense is going to give up a lot of explosion plays even against an inexperienced offense. like FU. :lol: :lol:
your schtick is OLD and not the least bit funny.
 #89253  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:19 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
your schtick is OLD and not the least bit funny.
True but better than the negative Nancy thread.
 #89262  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:03 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:42 pm
Football Parking passes arrived today . . . a harbinger of things to come!
Got mine, individual passes for each game like last year. Let the anticipation and excitement begin!
Has everyone else gotten parking passes? Specifically, any Gray Lot folks?
 #89263  by dornb
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:52 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:03 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:42 pm
Football Parking passes arrived today . . . a harbinger of things to come!
Got mine, individual passes for each game like last year. Let the anticipation and excitement begin!
Has everyone else gotten parking passes? Specifically, any Gray Lot folks?
I had to email Dwight when I didn't get mine. In a couple of hours, I had an email from Houghton Flanagan. He put mine in the mail that afternoon, and I got them over the weekend.
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #89268  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:22 pm
Has anyone heard details on Fan Day? Will we get a good scrimmage or a practice?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by din23

Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Default Avatar Purple Helmets

by Thorny

Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:36 pm

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:53 pm

Default Avatar Game postponed

by gofurman

Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:20 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:04 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.