• Preseason '24

#88973  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:24 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:18 am
GUBeAR this sounds like a scam. Yes I am skeered!
So, you’re accepting FUBeAR’s wager, then. Wonderful!

Because of the way FUBeAR is KILLING IT in the market today, he can sponsor multiple takers on this bet.

Who else wants a piece of taking the #1 Returning Stats Team in the Country - Norfolk State - to win the FCS Championship with a chance to make 10x your money, like apaladin is doing?
Uhh….NO!! Fools bet. :lol:
 #88981  by FUBeAR
 Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:24 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:18 am
GUBeAR this sounds like a scam. Yes I am skeered!
So, you’re accepting FUBeAR’s wager, then. Wonderful!

Because of the way FUBeAR is KILLING IT in the market today, he can sponsor multiple takers on this bet.

Who else wants a piece of taking the #1 Returning Stats Team in the Country - Norfolk State - to win the FCS Championship with a chance to make 10x your money, like apaladin is doing?
Uhh….NO!! Fools bet. :lol:
So, if you’re unwilling to financially support the contention that having the most returning production is a solid predictor of championship-level success, then you are agreeing that not having a high degree of returning production doesn’t portend less than championship-level success. Correct?
 #88986  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:21 pm
I'd bet dinner Furman would run Norfolk State out of the building.
As would 90% of the other FCS teams.
 #89031  by AstroDin
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:44 pm
I can't post it. I just saw an Instagram Reel from Furman Football.
A few things stood out to me.
1) Myion Hicks looks ready to go - I think he has a breakout year
2) This is the second time I've seen Kevin Everhart in pre-season photos and videos. Don't sleep on this guy.
3) Coach Roper commented interestingly in one of Dan's video interviews. He mentioned that all the offensive positions are open. He said they're moving people around and directly mentioned Joshua Harris. That comment stuck in my mind. In this new reel, Colton Hinton has a cameo. Hinton is one of those talents that eats up a defense once he gets past the line of scrimmage. I'm excited to see what Coach Roper has in store.
 #89047  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:59 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:44 pm
I can't post it. I just saw an Instagram Reel from Furman Football.
A few things stood out to me.
1) Myion Hicks looks ready to go - I think he has a breakout year
2) This is the second time I've seen Kevin Everhart in pre-season photos and videos. Don't sleep on this guy.
3) Coach Roper commented interestingly in one of Dan's video interviews. He mentioned that all the offensive positions are open. He said they're moving people around and directly mentioned Joshua Harris. That comment stuck in my mind. In this new reel, Colton Hinton has a cameo. Hinton is one of those talents that eats up a defense once he gets past the line of scrimmage. I'm excited to see what Coach Roper has in store.
I watched Everhart's film when he showed up on the roster. Looks like another IMG kid who is a '23 grad with a season of post grad football under his belt last year.

He's listed at 5'8 220, and from what I can tell, looks absolutely miserable to play against. Low pad level, good speed, quick change of direction, and physical runner.

He reminds me a bit of the former Mercer RB Tyray Devezin.
 #89049  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:17 pm
Those are interesting comments about Harris. I think Furman already used him in unique ways the last two seasons.

Harris is terrifying in the open field. I suspect that Furman is going to do everything they can to get him the ball in open space.

I'm just spitballing here, but I wonder if the idea isn't to line Harris up in the backfield. NFL teams have started doing this with more regularity as they try to gain matchup leverage in the box.

This is an interesting article discussing the philosophy https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/301241 ... n-the-nfl/

I suspect Furman could do something similar with Colton Hinton. Those two are going to be tough for any defense to deal with.
 #89072  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:24 am
Few roster notes on the defensive front.

Dylan Chideo moved to Bandit. It makes sense that someone would be moved here. Luke Clark is a redshirt senior. Alex Maier a redshirt junior. It looks like there's a need for depth and a guy to fill in between those two older players and a younger talented guy like Trevor Short. I suspect Furman may already have depth at ILB with Achina, Dimaggio, Earl, Herbert, etc. that they could afford to move someone.

Looks like Malachi Harrison has moved from NG to DT. Harrison is going to play a bunch, I suspect. I would guess he could also give us some flexibility in different fronts moving to different positions.

Bruce Knauber has moved to NG. I don't know the kid, but 6'1 295 sort of screams "nose guard."
 #89113  by AstroDin
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:29 am
We will see soon if this is true…
I and several others here, such as Paul, Wolf, Jackal, and a few others, follow Furman's recruiting closely. During Clay's tenure, on paper, Furman's recruiting classes seem to raise the bar year after year.

Gone are the days when we signed a player only recruited by Furman and a couple of Big South schools. The OL recruiting, the way I see it, is a rung above the rest of the SoCon. Steven O'Dell is a great example. O'Dell had close to 30 offers, including FBS schools, JMU and UAB. More importantly, we beat out schools like Richmond, W&M, and Towson, as well as our SoCon competitors.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #89119  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:47 am
AstroDin wrote:
I and several others here, such as Paul, Wolf, Jackal, and a few others, follow Furman's recruiting closely. During Clay's tenure, on paper, Furman's recruiting classes seem to raise the bar year after year.

Gone are the days when we signed a player only recruited by Furman and a couple of Big South schools. The OL recruiting, the way I see it, is a rung above the rest of the SoCon. Steven O'Dell is a great example. O'Dell had close to 30 offers, including FBS schools, JMU and UAB. More importantly, we beat out schools like Richmond, W&M, and Towson, as well as our SoCon competitors.

They updated a few of the photos. Some of these freshmen look like they have a few kids and a mortgage. They don't look 18.
 #89124  by AstroDin
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:10 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:47 am
AstroDin wrote:

They updated a few of the photos. Some of these freshmen look like they have a few kids and a mortgage. They don't look 18.
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... -hall/5869
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... bbins/5867
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... ldwin/5881
 #89126  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:35 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:16 am
And the winner of the coolest hair
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... gorek/5868
Dang - FUBeAR was gonna post that pic of Gregorek, but thought y’all would think FUBeAR was making fun of him … even though FUBeAR paved the way for him…40+ years ago. :lol:

ImageImage
 #89127  by gofurman
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:53 am
AstroDin wrote:

First. I truly appreciate y’all giving the recruiting information !

I REALLY hope you all are right about our talent level increasing in general

The only piece I would add is I hope we can redshirt most of these guys by having three great recruits at each position. - Senior, Sophomore, Freshman at each position or what have you. So that these Fr can sit out this year or use 4 game rule (I assume that 4 gsme rule is still in place)….

In any case do y’all think each of the past 4 years have been great recruiting?

And, without naming anyone .. *do you think the last one or two years have been better than the prior 2 years recruiting (3 and 4 years ago) ? As in a steady positive climb? Or would you say more of an equal in each of the past 4 years?

Just asking. I realize it’s very subjective. But I do agree that you can look at competing schools offers and gleam a lot.

( Best player in 30 years? Ingle Martin. Offers at Florida and SEC and etc etc. Yes I know there are exceptions like our Walter Payton Award winner…
LB1987 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by din23

Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Default Avatar Purple Helmets

by Thorny

Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:36 pm

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:53 pm

Default Avatar Game postponed

by gofurman

Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:20 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:04 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.