• 2024 Recruiting

#83351  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:20 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:14 pm
Who is commited that hasn’t signed? Do we have a list ?
I think we are still waiting on Fredrick Logan, Max Eubanks, and maybe Jalin Edwards. Based on the list I've been keeping.
 #83352  by Thorny
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:33 pm
We had 15 commits and Furman has announced 12 signed so it looks like we are done for the day...
 #83354  by bj93
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:07 pm
Per his twitter, Jalin Edwards committed to UNA. Yes , the picture looks like he's coming to FU but if you watch it, the diamond F disappears and "committed" UNA appears.

#83355  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:21 pm
bj93 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:07 pm
Per his twitter, Jalin Edwards committed to UNA. Yes , the picture looks like he's coming to FU but if you watch it, the diamond F disappears and "committed" UNA appears.

Do we have a prediction on which school will be the 1st school to which he transfers from tUNA?
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bj93 liked this
 #83357  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:22 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
I think we are still waiting on Fredrick Logan, Max Eubanks, and maybe Jalin Edwards. Based on the list I've been keeping.
what positions do these guys play?

Also, I don't keep up with this stuff - i am about the older guys and injuries... LOL. How long until they have to sign somewhere? Until February sometime?
 #83358  by Thorny
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
what positions do these guys play?

Also, I don't keep up with this stuff - i am about the older guys and injuries... LOL. How long until they have to sign somewhere? Until February sometime?
Two defensive backs and DL/OLB.
 #83360  by Thorny
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:52 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:38 pm
Wow, the difference in scholarship value between the 2 schools is over $200k.
He and pretty much every other player is doing right by them. If he thinks he will fit better at UNA the more power to him.

The "cool" place to go would be indisputably Furman. Furman provides an incredible education, has a beautiful campus, good facilities, is becoming a perennial top 10 fcs football power, top 10 fcs defense, top in 10 fcs in sacks, top 10 in the fcs in interceptions, etc.

If defensive players look at all of that and decide Furman is not for them, it probably REALLY was not for them and given all of the above I have no dought the coaching staff can find players that are a good fit and REALLY want to be here.

Furman would of been the easy choice. The fact that he made a hard choice and decided on a 3-8 UNA team says something.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #83361  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:03 pm
do all guys have until February to sign? Or am I way off ?

in other words could the two unsigned guys wait until February?

---------------------------
All this portal and early signing and etc etc I haven't kept up... but I know if a guy turned an ankle lol ;)
 #83362  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:17 pm
The early signing period is from Dec 20 — 22.
The regular signing period is from Feb 7 – April 1.

I have no idea what happened with the Edwards situation. I do know things can get messy when all the paperwork gets shuffled on signing day.

Concerning the size of the class, I'm not too worried about that; under CCH, Furman doesn't just throw an offer out there to get a body. Our coaches have to be pretty darn sure that a student/athlete offered is a fit academically as well as what the program needs.

On paper, this is an impressive class. I also like that it's a heavy offensive class. Three linemen, a quarterback, a running back, a tight end, and two wideouts. I also don't mean to devalue the defense signees - lots to be excited about there too.
 #83363  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:17 pm
The early signing period is from Dec 20 — 22.
The regular signing period is from Feb 7 – April 1.

I have no idea what happened with the Edwards situation. I do know things can get messy when all the paperwork gets shuffled on signing day.

Concerning the size of the class, I'm not too worried about that; under CCH, Furman doesn't just throw an offer out there to get a body. Our coaches have to be pretty darn sure that a student/athlete offered is a fit academically as well as what the program needs.

On paper, this is an impressive class. I also like that it's a heavy offensive class. Three linemen, a quarterback, a running back, a tight end, and two wideouts. I also don't mean to devalue the defense signees - lots to be excited about there too.
Astrodin, thanks for the information!

I do hate thee as the one kid out at the last minute. That can leave you without time to find a good a replacement
 #83364  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:50 pm
^^^ We have no idea who is on the recruiting board… I sure our coaches have a plan.
Choir Boy liked this
 #83366  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:02 pm
I think it's also worth remembering that Hendrix's staff has really hit on a lot of their recruiting. So, it's a quality question, not a quantity question.

When you go back through Hendrix's recruiting class, one thing that jumps off the page is just how many recruits ended up playing a lot of football for Furman.

They get guys in, they develop them, and those guys form the core of the team.

I'll use the 2019 class as an example.

The 2019 was one of Hendrix's first classes at Furman and which made up a lot of the bulk of this team's experienced core. I believe the signing of players in December 2018 was only the second year of the "early signing period"

The 2019 class signed 9 players in December. Of that group, 7 ended up being key players for Furman (Barton, Johanning, Jumper, McCormick, Miller, Roberto, Toomey)

The 2019 class added another 7 in February, of which 4 ended up being long time players (Ryan, Chizik, Brinson, Anderson).

Of the 40 or so guys finishing their career at Furman in 2023, they largely started as a group of 16 players in 2019. 11 of those guys ended up playing a ton of football for us.
 #83367  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:03 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:50 pm
^^^ We have no idea who is on the recruiting board… I sure our coaches have a plan.
Also, some of Furman's best players have been guys that only had scholarship offers from Furman.
Choir Boy liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Mon May 20, 2024 1:11 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Mon May 20, 2024 12:28 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by The Jackal

Mon May 20, 2024 10:45 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FurmanFan23

Mon May 20, 2024 8:05 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.