• FULL GAME VIDEO

#78210  by Bootie
 Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:48 pm
FWIW the full game is now available on demand on espn+
WCU tech department copied their video file to a floppy disk and mailed it to ESPN for uploading.
gman84, FUBeAR, FU Hoopla and 2 others liked this
 #78225  by 'Din Djarin
 Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:49 am
Whoever said "Huff should have taken a knee instead of scoring" is riding the Overthink Express nonstop to Terrible Consequences.
Roundball, Davemeister liked this
 #78297  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:46 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:13 am
Love the field view from the Blue Bloods…

Yep - good stuff - go back and watch this block by Myion Hicks. #15 is a Transfer to WCU from Austin Peay with the following accolades…
2022 Stats Perform FCS Third Team All-America (LB)
2022 HERO Sports Sophomore All-America (LB)
2022 Stats Perform Buck Buchanan Award Finalist (22nd)
2022 All-ASUN Conference

If the game was on real turf, he could add “Grass Stained Backside” to that list
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gman84 liked this
 #78303  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 am
I think my favorite bit of the video so far is watching, I think, Coach Dudzik celebrating Hinton's touchdown catch and having to be held back by Coach Bernardi.
gman84 liked this
 #78304  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:47 am
That screen capture also suggests how deceptive Wayne Anderson is.

I sometimes think of him as a diminutive slasher/speedster WR. You watch him at running back and realize he's a dude back there. Runs hard. Physical. Fast. His ability to move back to RB this year has really saved our bacon.
AstroDin liked this
 #78305  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:46 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:13 am
Love the field view from the Blue Bloods…

Yep - good stuff - go back and watch this block by Myron Hicks. #15 is a Transfer to WCU from Austin Peay with the following accolades…
2022 Stats Perform FCS Third Team All-America (LB)
2022 HERO Sports Sophomore All-America (LB)
2022 Stats Perform Buck Buchanan Award Finalist (22nd)
2022 All-ASUN Conference

If the game was on real turf, he could add “Grass Stained Backside” to that list

I'm glad you brought this up. I saw that when I watched the highlights and have been thinking about that block (and Huff's stiff arm to that DB) for a couple of days. Hicks laid that guy out. Hicks isn't getting a lot of carries, but when he's called on to block he is punishing people. It's just another example of why this team works. Guys are doing the job that's asked of them and they're doing it well even if it's not flashy.
dornb liked this
 #78397  by wcugrad95
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:51 pm
I know FUBeAR always loves to point these out. How about that great hold by the FU guy in the middle of the screen??? He has both an arm and a jersey, but who is counting.

Just kidding - kind of. I have seen FUBeAR post a lot of holding pictures up on AGS, so had to tease him a little here.
Paul C liked this
 #78400  by Paul C
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:01 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
I know FUBeAR always loves to point these out. How about that great hold by the FU guy in the middle of the screen??? He has both an arm and a jersey, but who is counting.

Just kidding - kind of. I have seen FUBeAR post a lot of holding pictures up on AGS, so had to tease him a little here.
No one knows how to hold like FUBear….
wcugrad95, FUBeAR liked this
 #78402  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:

OMG … Did you WATCH that All American OG as he swiftly pulled on counter, made an instant decision to Log vs. Kick the Defender, attacked the BadPerson’s outside leg with a low flat back without losing any speed, lifted upward, and kept his feet moving throughout the entire process? It was freakin’ poetry!!! How can you dare disparage that?

Right hand is fine. Left hand just slipped a little outside the frame. Thus, holding could be called, but FUBeAR would imagine the Agile Artistry of Johanning juxtaposed with the Vicious Violence of Hicks left the Officials frozen with awe and wonder…like they were witnessing the climax scene of Scarface projected onto the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. An understandable miss by them of just a minor hold.

FUBeAR rarely posts, on AGS, the kinds of pics you have accused him of posting there. If something goes bigger than just that play or that game (like Samford last year or those NDSU/UIW calls), he might, but those types of screenshots are typically used on Teams’ boards for TeamFans-to-TeamFans review, discussion, and analysis.

Would you like FUBeAR to publish a series of the many times last Saturday when the overmatched WCU O-Linemen used their hands to grab, hold, and sling the relentless Paladin Pass Rushers to the ground? Or perhaps you would prefer the major ‘RAMMING SPEED’ Targeting (helmet-to-helmet ONLY) Shot by WCU #8 on FU #8 that should have kept him out of the 1st half of the Mercer game this week? You know FUBeAR can do it.

Should he do that here or on the WCU board?
Bootie, FUTex liked this
 #78403  by Bootie
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:00 pm
I thought the targeting non-call was the correct call. From what I saw on the replays the western led with a shoulder. I'm curious to hear your case.
 #78405  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:09 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:01 pm
Here is fine FUBeAR :D
You don’t like fireworks?
 #78417  by FUBeAR
 Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:27 am
Bootie wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:00 pm
I thought the targeting non-call was the correct call. From what I saw on the replays the western led with a shoulder. I'm curious to hear your case.
OK - it was on Anderson, on this play…

1st and 10 at FUR31 No Huddle-Shotgun Anderson Jr.,Wayne rush right for 2 yards gain to the FUR33 (Lealaimatafao,Va).

…which was the 4th play from scrimmage in the 2nd half / 13:48 on the game clock / 1:57:00 on the ESPN non-broadcast.

…and FUBeAR is struggling to get a good screenshot of it…so there are too many ‘not great’ pics below - 5 in sequence (#3 & #4 are misnumbered - should be opposite) from 1 angle (3 in this post and 2 in the follow-up post) and another from a different angle (3rd pic, 2nd post) that actually most clearly shows the instant of #8-initiated crown-of-his-helmet contact to the helmet of Anderson…but the pic is pretty sucky.

Taken together with these pics and watching the video, it’s clear it was targeting and should have been called as such. And he should not play in the 1st half against Mercer. If Coach Bell has any integrity at all, he will do the right thing and will sit this Player for that time frame. ;)

Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.