• Furman @ WCCC Oct. 21st

#77539  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:28 pm
Always love me some good comedy, especially when it comes from the jealous Sammy and WCCC types :lol: :lol:

Sammy fan says:
"Good luck this weekend. I am glad to see the rise of the Catamounts as you guys have been through so many dark days. I hope there are no injuries and also, I hope the game is called FAIRLY. Seems to me the SoCon has gone overboard to help Furman after last year's egregious call during their Samford Game. I know it sounds like sour grapes and bad sportsmanship, but our game vs Furman last Saturday was shamefully officiated on our own field. I have seen literally hundreds of games there, but never felt like this about the officiating. To miss a call or two is understandable and even expected, however, IMO the officiating was slanted the entire game. I won't bore y'all with the many specific examples, but I will just repeat the word that appropriately fits - SHAMEFUL!
GO CATAMOUNTS!"

Western community college fan replies:
"I watched the game and I saw the shameful officiating that you speak of. I counted 3 face masks that were “missed” by the officials that should have been called against Furman. There were also phantom pass interference calls against Samford that were called. That’s just to name a few of the blatant shameful calls. We will not get the calls and I expect that we will experience the same shameful behavior by the so called SoCon officiating group. I have said for years and I think I can speak for this entire board in saying that the SoCon officials are the worst in the NCAA and they do play favorites and Western is at the bottom of the list for getting a fair shake. I have watched for over 40 years and know what I speak of because it happens over and over again. I bet to a person, nobody on this forum will take issue with your post because if you have watched Western football for more than a couple of years, you have witnessed the egregious lack of fairness and total shamelessness of the SoCon officiating crews. I am so sorry that Samford had to endure that in such an important game. You guys would have beat Furman if it were not for the crooked SoCon officials."
Last edited by FU Hoopla on Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #77540  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:33 pm
So let's see, two programs that have accomplished close to nothing EVER, crying about refs and faking injury WAY before the game even starts, alrighty then guess that's just the loser mentality ;)

I am well aware that anyone can win or lose on Saturday, but can we just stop with the lame excuses already at least until after the game :lol:

#77542  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:37 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:28 pm
Always love me some good comedy, especially when it comes from the jealous Sammy and WCCC types :lol: :lol:

Sammy fan says:
"Good luck this weekend. I am glad to see the rise of the Catamounts as you guys have been through so many dark days. I hope there are no injuries and also, I hope the game is called FAIRLY. Seems to me the SoCon has gone overboard to help Furman after last year's egregious call during their Samford Game. I know it sounds like sour grapes and bad sportsmanship, but our game vs Furman last Saturday was shamefully officiated on our own field. I have seen literally hundreds of games there, but never felt like this about the officiating. To miss a call or two is understandable and even expected, however, IMO the officiating was slanted the entire game. I won't bore y'all with the many specific examples, but I will just repeat the word that appropriately fits - SHAMEFUL!
GO CATAMOUNTS!"

Western community college fan replies:
"I watched the game and I saw the shameful officiating that you speak of. I counted 3 face masks that were “missed” by the officials that should have been called against Furman. There were also phantom pass interference calls against Samford that were called. That’s just to name a few of the blatant shameful calls. We will not get the calls and I expect that we will experience the same shameful behavior by the so called SoCon officiating group. I have said for years and I think I can speak for this entire board in saying that the SoCon officials are the worst in the NCAA and they do play favorites and Western is at the bottom of the list for getting a fair shake. I have watched for over 40 years and know what I speak of because it happens over and over again. I bet to a person, nobody on this forum will take issue with your post because if you have watched Western football for more than a couple of years, you have witnessed the egregious lack of fairness and total shamelessness of the SoCon officiating crews. I am so sorry that Samford had to endure that in such an important game. You guys would have beat Furman if it were not for the crooked SoCon officials."

You can always tell who loses by which fan base complains about pass interference calls.

Besides, I won't hear anything from Samford about SoCon refs. Objectively the worst call any of us have ever seen paved the way to Chris Hatcher's only SoCon championship.

These allegations come from the schools that don't have a rival in the conference. Furman is their everything game. They won't even deny that.

Samford's forum talks so much crap about Furman. They can go pound sand as far as I am concerned.
 #77548  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:16 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:17 pm
It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff starts using some of these guys.

There were a number of freshmen types that were expected to provides some depth and potentially assist on special teams.

I noticed that Dalton and Burrell, two freshman DBs, got in against Samford.

I think we have some linebackers, DL, and TEs that could provide depth off the bench as well.

Interestingly, the one position where we really didn't recruit in '23 because of a lot of depth is Running Back. That's almost the spot we could most use some extra bodies.
 #77549  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:44 pm
Saw Dalton's name on participation report and thought that was his first action. I didn't see him on any others. He's got impressive measurables and a year of prep school under his belt, so physically he was probably one of the guys most ready to play as a freshman. Burrell has played over 4 games right?

I'm happy to have those guys play, and I'm going to trust the coaches believe that they can do the job at least as well as the guy they are replacing. I would hate to lose a game because a guy playing in his first game blows an assignment on a punt/kickoff return and it burns us. Furman typically does very well there though so I'm not that worried about it.

Was thinking about the RB thing the other day. Wouldn't expect to need your 6th running back by the middle of the season unless maybe you were running the wishbone/wingbone, and yet here we are. Very thankful to have a guy like Wayne Anderson on the roster who has been able to fill in there.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.