• Campaign Launch Timmons Arena Renovation (83% Funded)

#71116  by MNORM
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:33 pm
Love it but…. after being a season ticket holder since the brown box days and currently having arguably the best seats in Timmons I am afraid my seats won’t be the same in the new Timmons.
Ditto
 #71118  by Roundball
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:00 pm
MNORM wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Love it but…. after being a season ticket holder since the brown box days and currently having arguably the best seats in Timmons I am afraid my seats won’t be the same in the new Timmons.
Ditto
Ditto. I hope Furman considers that the long time season ticket holders have been there through the ups and the many more downs. We have been loyal supporters of the program, even during the JJ years. But, if it means going to the Big Dance every year and making through a round or two, I am all in, no matter where I have to sit. This year, I will enjoy my on the floor seats like never before. Heck, it was only a couple of years ago that covid kept us from going. Put me in the rafters. I just want to see my Paladins win.
 #71119  by furpop16
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:06 pm
So am I correct there *IS* a practice facility included in the $40M renovation?

I thought the renovation only included improvements to the Arena, but the electronic brochure makes reference to a "dedicated practice facility." Am I misunderstanding something?
 #71123  by Sad Din
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:31 pm
furpop16 wrote:

I thought the renovation only included improvements to the Arena, but the electronic brochure makes reference to a "dedicated practice facility." Am I misunderstanding something?
nope practice facility is not included
 #71131  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:59 pm
furpop16 wrote:

That will be an additional $10 million+ beyond the $40 million being raised for renovation...........
furpop16 liked this
 #71132  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:04 pm
"Using the existing structure, the interior of the arena will be demolished and reimagined. The competition court will be centered in the arena, surrounded by bowl seating for up to 2,750 fans. Loge seating will be added on the concourse level to further diversify premium seating options, and the bowl will be overlooked by a premium suite level to enable Furman to drive revenue and offer the elevated entertainment opportunity our top donors and partners expect. In addition, new courtside seating and a private VIP lounge will provide an exclusive experience for our top supporters. A 360-degree concourse will feature improved concessions, a hospitality deck, and a student lounge - all with sightlines that keep fans in the game at all times."
furpop16, dornb liked this
 #71134  by Sad Din
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:18 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
"Using the existing structure, the interior of the arena will be demolished and reimagined. The competition court will be centered in the arena, surrounded by bowl seating for up to 2,750 fans. Loge seating will be added on the concourse level to further diversify premium seating options, and the bowl will be overlooked by a premium suite level to enable Furman to drive revenue and offer the elevated entertainment opportunity our top donors and partners expect. In addition, new courtside seating and a private VIP lounge will provide an exclusive experience for our top supporters. A 360-degree concourse will feature improved concessions, a hospitality deck, and a student lounge - all with sightlines that keep fans in the game at all times."
does that mean the bowl seating is 2750 but then premium and courtside seating is extra?
 #71136  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:33 pm
Sad Din wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
does that mean the bowl seating is 2750 but then premium and courtside seating is extra?

Probably not courtside, courtside is part of the bowl, but if your asking about suites and loge seating maybe, not sure..................
 #71137  by Sad Din
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:39 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Probably not courtside, courtside is part of the bowl, but if your asking about suites and loge seating maybe, not sure..................
from the pictures and design drawings looks like there will be a private lunge area with a glass viewing area to see the players as they walk from lockers to the courts. Much like you see in pro arenas. very cool. Looks like its at the far end of the courts by the locker room side

also think the right side of the court will be retractable seats for concert/graduation configuration
 #71140  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:54 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:39 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

from the pictures and design drawings looks like there will be a private lunge area with a glass viewing area to see the players as they walk from lockers to the courts. Much like you see in pro arenas. very cool. Looks like its at the far end of the courts by the locker room side

also think the right side of the court will be retractable seats for concert/graduation configuration
Hopefully no retractable seating! That would make it like the current Timmons. Plenty of room for graduations. Why would you want to move seats back for graduation when you need seating. Please no concerts, this will be a basketball only venue.
 #71209  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:34 am
apaladin wrote:

You will get good seats rest assured, the longtime season ticket holders will be taken care of
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by gofurman

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:31 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by Affirm

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:48 am

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.