• Thanks to the Furman Basketball Team - What a fun and great year!

#69540  by GOAT
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:02 pm
I am 61 years old and I have watched college basketball and NCAA tournment my whole life. I grew up as a UNC fan and ACC fan. I started following Furman in 1980. I have witnessed many great UNC championships during my life and I enjoy watching Duke get beat in the NCAA tournament. But, this year for the first time MY REAL TEAM was in the NCAA tournamnt. This was way better than any championship UNC won. It really is special when your team in the tournament. Man was this fun!!! Thanks players and coaches. Great year.
FurmAlum, bj93, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #69544  by FurmAlum
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:28 pm
GOAT wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:02 pm
I am 61 years old and I have watched college basketball and NCAA tournment my whole life. I grew up as a UNC fan and ACC fan. I started following Furman in 1980. I have witnessed many great UNC championships during my life and I enjoy watching Duke get beat in the NCAA tournament. But, this year for the first time MY REAL TEAM was in the NCAA tournamnt. This was way better than any championship UNC won. It really is special when your team in the tournament. Man was this fun!!! Thanks players and coaches. Great year.
Me too. I'm a little older than you, grew up in N.C., played high school BB in N.C., and also a big Tar Heel fan when I was growing up and still am. Except when they play Furman. And I live in Tennessee and enjoyed watching UT beat Dook the other night.
GOAT, bj93 liked this
 #69879  by furpop16
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:44 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:09 pm

I wish they wouldn't specify "EST" when they mean "EDT" ... they appear sloppy or ignorant, or both.

It also makes me feel old & curmudgeonly because I'm among so few that know or even care about the difference.
 #69891  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:47 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:44 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:09 pm
I wish they wouldn't specify "EST" when they mean "EDT" ... they appear sloppy or ignorant, or both.

It also makes me feel old & curmudgeonly because I'm among so few that know or even care about the difference.
FUBeAR, a known reveler in his own OCD, feels ya, furpop16.

IOW, bugs the crap outta him too.

So, he has (quietly) started a movement to address this issue. The solution simplifies the usage and places the onus of ‘correctness’ upon the reader.

FUBeAR uses ET, CT, MT, and PT to identify the proper time zone. He can never be wrong about the ‘season’ of Daylight Savings.

Please join FUBeAR’s movement and eliminate the unnecessary S’s and D’s from your time zone expressions!!!

NOTE: This does not really solve the problem of states or parts of states that do not observe DST. You just gotta look those up or just ignore them as punishment for their non-compliance. FUBeAR has chosen the latter approach.
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by gofurman

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:31 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by Affirm

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:48 am

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.