• Final season in current Timmons Arena

#69556  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:58 pm
If all fund raising effort succeed, and by all accounts they are, this will be the final season to be played in Timmons prior to the full renovation taking place.

I know we set records for most season tickets sold, ect. this past season, and I expect that to continue to grow next season of our huge success this year, its fun to see the fan base growing larger each passing season.

It will be cool to raise the 2023 SoCon title and NCAA banners, its time to fill that place up with banners all around :D

Exciting times!
dornb, FU69 liked this
 #69569  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:01 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
If all fund raising effort succeed, and by all accounts they are, this will be the final season to be played in Timmons prior to the full renovation taking place.

I know we set records for most season tickets sold, ect. this past season, and I expect that to continue to grow next season of our huge success this year, its fun to see the fan base growing larger each passing season.

It will be cool to raise the 2023 SoCon title and NCAA banners, its time to fill that place up with banners all around :D

Exciting times!
Agree, but couldn’t it be a partial season? JD said construction could start Jan. 1.
 #69577  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:12 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:01 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

Exciting times!
Agree, but couldn’t it be a partial season? JD said construction could start Jan. 1.

Yes of course, just all depends when the $40 million in pledges is completed.
 #69589  by Paladin91
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:02 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am
I don't know if it's feasible but I've been secretly hoping that if Furman had to play a season (or part of a season) outside of Timmons that we would play our home slate at the Wellness Center.
It would be great if Furman could play most of its home games at Bon Secours, as well as attract a couple of top opponents - this would be a win-win for Furman and Greenville.
dornb, FU69 liked this
 #69595  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:12 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:03 am
Also if size is a concern, you can block off top level seating, like they do in Greensboro, and just use the lower bowl.
They already do that with curtains which I don’t like. I think for the WC only one side of the upper bowl was open. There were a few peeps sitting there.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #69600  by Davemeister
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:05 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:02 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am
I don't know if it's feasible but I've been secretly hoping that if Furman had to play a season (or part of a season) outside of Timmons that we would play our home slate at the Wellness Center.
It would be great if Furman could play most of its home games at Bon Secours, as well as attract a couple of top opponents - this would be a win-win for Furman and Greenville.

Furman vs. C of C would be a good Well match-up.
Kitchen_bg, dornb, FU Hoopla and 2 others liked this
 #69603  by tya1
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:19 pm
Hopefully, an NCAA appearance and dramatic win will boost the chances of some nice home games. Teams are more willing to add NCAA tournament teams to their schedules because it adds an extra prestige factor to offer their fans. I suspect Wofford has been able to get some games because of that factor.

I wonder if Clemson might be more likely to set a series. There is a light shining on the Paladins that they might want back on them.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #69604  by Kitchen_bg
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm
tya1 wrote:
Hopefully, an NCAA appearance and dramatic win will boost the chances of some nice home games. Teams are more willing to add NCAA tournament teams to their schedules because it adds an extra prestige factor to offer their fans. I suspect Wofford has been able to get some games because of that factor.

I wonder if Clemson might be more likely to set a series. There is a light shining on the Paladins that they might want back on them.
I doubt that Clemsom would schedule Furman knowing that the Clemson job is on CBR’s shortlist.
Roundball liked this
 #69608  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:05 pm
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:

I doubt that Clemsom would schedule Furman knowing that the Clemson job is on CBR’s shortlist.
I agree. Brownell does not have the guts to play Furman. There is no way he will schedule a game against us now.
Bootie, FU69 liked this
 #69645  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:20 am
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:

If and when Richey gets the Clemson job, will he have the courage to schedule Furman regularly?
 #69647  by Kitchen_bg
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:11 am
affirm wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:20 am
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:

If and when Richey gets the Clemson job, will he have the courage to schedule Furman regularly?
Courage and smarts are two different things. But let’s just play your game real quick and give you an answer. He scheduled Anderson College this year just so he could help Jimmy Williams’ program. Being that FU is to Anderson as Clemson is to FU, logic says yes. Also I think if CBR could give FU a pay game to continue to help the program that he has built, I would say he would, with full confidence.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by gofurman

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:31 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by Affirm

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:48 am

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.