• $40 million (30 mil down and 10 mil to go)(Timmons Renovation)

#66775  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:22 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:43 pm
Drake's arena has a defect. The stands are too far away from the court behind the scorers table much like one side of the current Timmons Arena. We cannot make that mistake with the new Timmons. The stands should be as close to the court as possible on all sides.
like this? GCU said that normal seats angle is 30deg. They installed seats steeper than that to get folks closer to court

love this court. so clean,symetrical, basketball specific. And .. oh yea.. the color is nice too

FU Hoopla, FU69 liked this
 #66813  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:12 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:22 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:43 pm
Drake's arena has a defect. The stands are too far away from the court behind the scorers table much like one side of the current Timmons Arena. We cannot make that mistake with the new Timmons. The stands should be as close to the court as possible on all sides.
like this? GCU said that normal seats angle is 30deg. They installed seats steeper than that to get folks closer to court

love this court. so clean,symetrical, basketball specific. And .. oh yea.. the color is nice too

I like it!
 #66903  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:36 pm
Starting at the 18sec mark, this is what the bowl is probably going to look like. The ceiling also looks similar to Timmons. The walls and such will look completely different. The corners will also be filled in with more seats

#66907  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:40 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:36 pm
Great update. So next year last year in Timmons. Then a year downtown. Then the new place.

I recognize that kid!
Most likely but JD said construction could start the first of January so could be downtown the last half of next season. Thanks for posting doomeddin.
 #66910  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:16 am
HB88 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:26 am
Interesting that JD said the Well "and other locations." Any ideas what that could mean?
Good question! That's what I was wondering as well........

Let's say we only play weekend games downtown (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), because that might be the only good times to draw good crowds downtown.
If you take this season for example we played 17 games in Greenville, 9 of those games fell on a weekend (fri-sun). I wonder what would be the best venue to play the weekday games at, my best guess would be Bob Jones University, Davis Field House.
Play about 9 weekend games downtown at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Play about 8 weekday games at Bob Jones U. Davis Field House.
 #66912  by Roundball
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:27 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
HB88 wrote:
Interesting that JD said the Well "and other locations." Any ideas what that could mean?

Let's say we only play weekend games downtown (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), because that might be the only good times to draw good crowds downtown.
If you take this season for example we played 17 games in Greenville, 9 of those games fell on a weekend (fri-sun). I wonder what would be the best venue to play the weekday games at, my best guess would be Bob Jones University, Davis Field House.
BJU would be interesting, with no beer and no FU cheers. Where is the Brown Box when you need it?
 #66942  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:55 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
HB88 wrote:

The boys and girls upper state finals are there this weekend.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Preseason '24

by apaladin

Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:45 pm

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by gofurman

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by Affirm

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:48 am

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.