• $40 million (30 mil down and 10 mil to go)(Timmons Renovation)

#66034  by Monday
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:52 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am
SC paid a lot of money for him and the return on investment has not been good.
Who? Paris or Jackson?

My favorite G.G. story was watching him go ISO against Blue Ridge twice late in the second half of the Upper State championship. Each time he's 30ft out from the basket about to take that sorry BRHS kid to school, only he dribbles it off his foot the first time and gets it stolen the second time. G.G.'s team lost the game.
 #66037  by AstroDin
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:07 am
I can't remember, nor was I in on all the details during the construction of Timmons. My role was the Timmons Arena logo—pretty lite lift.

I heard the construction company missed the spec depth for the arena floor. I was not told this officially. I never found out how many feet short the actual floor-to-ceiling height is currently.

Knowing this is at least a possibility… I've thought that when Furman renovates Timmons, they might need to do some floor deconstruction if this is an issue.
 #66040  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:43 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am
SC paid a lot of money for him and the return on investment has not been good.
Very true and very typical of SC. Exceptions are Staley (they should have asked her to coach the men; maybe they did) and Beamer (I don’t see Clemson being nearly as successful anytime soon against SC).
 #66043  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:08 am
Just wondering was this GG character has to do with Timmons Arena. Back to Timmons, I sure wish the seating capacity was bigger. The demand for tickets to the game tomorrow is crazy. Several folks have reached out to me looking for tickets. We could have probably sold at least another 1,000 if available. The atmosphere should be electric.
 #66047  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 am
Roundball wrote:
Just wondering was this GG character has to do with Timmons Arena. Back to Timmons, I sure wish the seating capacity was bigger. The demand for tickets to the game tomorrow is crazy. Several folks have reached out to me looking for tickets. We could have probably sold at least another 1,000 if available. The atmosphere should be electric.

Relevance is to emphasize and exemplify the vital importance of not wasting money in any way - even if you’re USC with about $40,000,000.00 income just from the SEC, just for last year alone.
Last edited by Affirm on Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #66062  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:06 am
Roundball wrote:
Because Furmanoid made comments in this topic regarding Furman using the $40 million to buy players instead of using it to renovate Timmons.
 #66099  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:31 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:07 am
I can't remember, nor was I in on all the details during the construction of Timmons. My role was the Timmons Arena logo—pretty lite lift.

I heard the construction company missed the spec depth for the arena floor. I was not told this officially. I never found out how many feet short the actual floor-to-ceiling height is currently.

Knowing this is at least a possibility… I've thought that when Furman renovates Timmons, they might need to do some floor deconstruction if this is an issue.

Its ok we have our 'A' team scheduled to deal with that!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by gofurman

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:31 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FU Hoopla

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by Affirm

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:48 am

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.