• Coach Richey

#52321  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:14 pm
If I had to guess right now from what I am seeing I would say:

LSU is leaning towards Matt McMahon

USC is leaning towards BJ Mckie or Lamont Paris
 #52337  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:34 am
I hope we hear from Coach Richey today. Like we have been saying, the shamecocks don’t have the guts or the smarts to hire Bob, the Dabo of college basketball. I want what is best for Bob, but selfishly want him to stay at Furman and win a few championships. Go Paladins! See y’all in Charleston. By the way, get the Roundball Club going again, please!
Affirm, Fuonetime, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #52339  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:13 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:34 am
I hope we hear from Coach Richey today. Like we have been saying, the shamecocks don’t have the guts or the smarts to hire Bob, the Dabo of college basketball. I want what is best for Bob, but selfishly want him to stay at Furman and win a few championships. Go Paladins! See y’all in Charleston. By the way, get the Roundball Club going again, please!
Yes, stay at Furman and win MRE THAN A FEW championships! Maybe 10 or so championships!
Last edited by Affirm on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuonetime, dornb liked this
 #52341  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:48 am
If Coach Richey stays, I hope he has a press conference, inviting supporters, and then proceeds to talk about the future of Furman basketball. That discussion should include calling out the Furman nation to show up this season. Speaking of that, I want to apologize for acting foolishly toward a few of our fellow UFFPers. While we will never agree on everything, the fact is, those couple of guys show up and pull for the Paladins. Can’t ask for much more. It is a privilege and joy to have a forum in which we can root for our team. I appreciate each one of you. May our love of Furman basketball continue to produce much joy. After all, many of us are running out of years to see a championship. Let’s enjoy the ride. Let’s enjoy the moment. Go Paladins!
AstroDin, gman84, Affirm and 6 others liked this
 #52342  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:45 am
From WSPA: (couldn’t get a link from my iPad)
7 Sports has learned that Bob Richey is focused on remaining as head basketball coach at Furman after interviewing for the top job at South Carolina during the past week. Richey returns most of a team that won 22 games this season and lost by a point at the buzzer in overtime to Chattanooga in the Southern Conference title game earlier this month. Richey has won 111 games in five seasons guiding the Paladins. According to reports, Wake Forest assistant coach, and USC’s all-time scoring leader, B.J. McKie and Chattanooga head coach Lamont Paris remain hot names for the USC job. Former Arizona head coach Sean Miller reportedly turned down USC in favor of returning for a second stint as Xavier’s head coach on Saturday. USC dismissed Frank Martin following an 18-13 season with no postseason birth. Martin guided the Gamecocks for 10 seasons.
Fuonetime, Roundball, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #52392  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:52 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:02 pm
He gone.
Oh ye of little faith….
I underestimated the stupidity of SC.
Last edited by apaladin on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #52393  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:56 pm
Coach Richey handled that with a lot of class. Did the interview. But took his name out of consideration after the right amount of time. Had good things to say about the USC AD.

Tanner should have hired him when he had the chance.

I have to admit I was holding my breath.

Have Bothwell and Slawson confirmed that they are coming back?

It would not surprise me if we later find out that Both and Slaw called Coach R and said hey, we want to come back, please stay at FU.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #52399  by Paul C
 Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:52 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:02 pm
He gone.
Oh ye of little faith….
I underestimated the stupidity of SC.
Awesome :D
 #52426  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:30 am
Curious wording in this P&C article. “Paris’ hire comes after a week-long and often curious coaching search, where every other major opening was filled before USC and the Gamecocks lost out on four candidates. Sean Miller was the first to say no, choosing Xavier instead, and was followed by Dennis Gates (Missouri) and Bob Richey (Furman, who chose to stay where he was when he became frustrated by USC’s lack of pursuit). USC brass visited Matt McMahon at Murray State on March 21 but soon after that meeting, McMahon chose LSU.” https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... b4ece.html

Recent Topics

User avatar Game postponed

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:32 am

Default Avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by gofurman

Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:49 pm

User avatar F Lane Kiffin

by Choir Boy

Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:39 pm

User avatar 2024-2025 Schedule Released

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.