• 2021 Spring Season

#36190  by The Jackal
 Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:29 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm
The cancellations begin.

Not sure how much this may factor in, but UTC also plays in a facility owned by someone else. I expect that adds to protocol headaches.
 #36193  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 am
 #36194  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:24 am
Not a good sign for Fans attending...

Can BitMoji’s be used as source photos for these fan cutouts? Asking for a friend...

tim, aqualung liked this
 #36195  by tim
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 am
FUBeAR wrote:

Can BitMoji’s be used as source photos for these fan cutouts? Asking for a friend...

Interesting to see what the results of all this will be . FU has taken one of the smallest fan bases in the country and lectured them on social justice while locking them out of the stadiums for a year.
 #36197  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 am
At least the fan base is small enough that FU ticks off relatively few people by telling them they can’t come to the games. Hardly anybody was coming anyway so no harm done, right?

The real 2021 season is now what I’m curious about. I’m guessing they’ll allow 25-30% which should be about right anyway. I really doubt we will ever see full stadiums again anywhere. There is no way that can ever be considered safe using the current way of thinking. At this point it seems like most everybody in charge has their minds right.
 #36198  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:31 am
Can someone post individual shots of our 2020 baseball team? These would make excellent "fans" in the $75 section. Might set up a gofundme . Profits could go to the orgasmic effort to renovate Timmons Arena.
 #36199  by curiousfan
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:47 am
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

Interesting to see what the results of all this will be . FU has taken one of the smallest fan bases in the country and lectured them on social justice while locking them out of the stadiums for a year.
Please help me understand the correlation of "social justice" and keeping fans out of the stadium....and to use a term such as "lectured", shows that the "EDUCATIONAL" opportunity has still been missed....let's keep it SPORTS
hypercycloid liked this
 #36201  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:37 am
curiousfan wrote:
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

Please help me understand the correlation of "social justice" and keeping fans out of the stadium....and to use a term such as "lectured", shows that the "EDUCATIONAL" opportunity has still been missed....let's keep it SPORTS
I’ll try to explain. It sometimes seems like Furman has been on a 30 year quest to alienate a large chunk of its fan base. It started by saying FU to the organization that founded it which may have been OK. But it has continued down a lazy path of following the crowd to become more and more left-leaning and less and less like the school many of us attended. While becoming more and more concerned about social justice, it has also morphed into a school for ultra rich kids. And as usually happens when things go in that direction, it’s gotten kind of preachy, I guess because so many of us need to be EDUCATED. Now it looks like we may have a no fans policy at football games which makes no scientific sense but certainly makes us look virtuous.

So the thinking is that a chunk of a small fan base may just start rooting for Clemson of UGA or just play golf.
tim, Davemeister, fupaladin01 and 1 others liked this
 #36203  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:14 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:37 am
curiousfan wrote:
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

I’ll try to explain. It sometimes seems like Furman has been on a 30 year quest to alienate a large chunk of its fan base. It started by saying FU to the organization that founded it which may have been OK. But it has continued down a lazy path of following the crowd to become more and more left-leaning and less and less like the school many of us attended. While becoming more and more concerned about social justice, it has also morphed into a school for ultra rich kids. And as usually happens when things go in that direction, it’s gotten kind of preachy, I guess because so many of us need to be EDUCATED. Now it looks like we may have a no fans policy at football games which makes no scientific sense but certainly makes us look virtuous.

So the thinking is that a chunk of a small fan base may just start rooting for Clemson of UGA or just play golf.
Post of the year!!!!!!
I would take out preachy and substitute douchey...... and never would I pull for the One Eyed Tillmanites
 #36205  by Roundball
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:42 am
You guys act as though Furman is the only school putting restrictions on fans at the games. By the way, social justice is an issue the left and right should endorse. If you want to see social justice "preached" at the games, look no further that what Clemson and Georgia is doing. Open your eyes guys, times are different. Accept it, or just stop being a sports fan. As for what Furman is doing, accept that too, or stop being a fan.
hypercycloid liked this
 #36206  by The Jackal
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:44 am
So, we just had a zoom call with the AD and head football coach where they answered every question thrown at them, but NOW people come back to this forum to whine and moan.

Pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
hypercycloid liked this
 #36207  by The Jackal
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:50 am
Piggybacking off earlier post and trying to glean way too much out of snippets posted online.

Right about six second mark we get a half-speed clip of a trips formation and possible RPO bubble to the RB - Kendall Thomas.

That's where I hoped we'd be going this season offensively. If a defense wants to play man coverage and put a linebacker or safety out on Thomas, give them Abrams and Wynn between the tackles. If they try to defend the run, flick the ball out to one of your playmakers on the edge.

Simple read for the QB - find the advantage. Most defenses cannot cover both plays effectively. Easy read. Easy throw. Make the defense wrong whatever they decide to do.
 #36209  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 am
Roundball wrote:
You guys act as though Furman is the only school putting restrictions on fans at the games. By the way, social justice is an issue the left and right should endorse. If you want to see social justice "preached" at the games, look no further that what Clemson and Georgia is doing. Open your eyes guys, times are different. Accept it, or just stop being a sports fan. As for what Furman is doing, accept that too, or stop being a fan.
I will always be much more than just a fan . I am reading that the reason why we are moving our great weekends at the well is because "Greenville" is not enforcing mask rules to our standards. This is the same Greenville that we shunned a few years ago. We HAVE been on a 30 year path of destruction to alienate any fanbase that Greenville has to offer. We have one of the fastest growing areas at our fingertips but what do we do?
1. Downsize enrollment
2. Cancel night classes
3. Cancel Master's programs
4. Start sports that suck and doing away with sports that don't suck
5. Devalue the prospective student base of the Southeast in favor of the Biff Tavington III crowd of Rhode Island that will never stay here or follow the school once they graduate.

My love for Furman is multi generational. It makes me sick to see what we have become. I can point out to anyone where Manley Field was located. I can show you the site where Selvy scored 100. I can show you the path the team took from McGee Hall to Sirrine. I see a day when our revisionists in charge do this....
"The Mountain City WAS her home..."
fupaladin01, cavedweller2, apaladin and 2 others liked this
 #36210  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:56 am
Fred Garvin wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 am
Roundball wrote:
I will always be much more than just a fan . I am reading that the reason why we are moving our great weekends at the well is because "Greenville" is not enforcing mask rules to our standards. This is the same Greenville that we shunned a few years ago. We HAVE been on a 30 year path of destruction to alienate any fanbase that Greenville has to offer. We have one of the fastest growing areas at our fingertips but what do we do?
1. Downsize enrollment
2. Cancel night classes
3. Cancel Master's programs
4. Start sports that suck and doing away with sports that don't suck
5. Devalue the prospective student base of the Southeast in favor of the Biff Tavington III crowd of Rhode Island that will never stay here or follow the school once they graduate.

My love for Furman is multi generational. It makes me sick to see what we have become. I can point out to anyone where Manley Field was located. I can show you the site where Selvy scored 100. I can show you the path the team took from McGee Hall to Sirrine. I see a day when our revisionists in charge do this....
"The Mountain City WAS her home..."
Anyone seen Fred Garvin lately?

#36212  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:45 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:44 am
So, we just had a zoom call with the AD and head football coach where they answered every question thrown at them, but NOW people come back to this forum to whine and moan.

Pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
was unable to attend call...

Did the AD and/or Head Football Coach say that they, jointly, or either of them, unilaterally, had made the decision to not allow Fans to attend Furman Football games?

Have prior posts cited either or both of them as the reason why they have chosen to “whine and moan” here?

I know I’m whining, moaning, gnashing my teeth, and tearing my clothes today because I read about issues & decisions by/affecting Chatt, Woffy, and VMI Football. Are there other symptoms of withdrawal that I’m not exhibiting...because I am definitely in the throes of it!

C’mon man...we want to see some ballgames, we want to go to Paladin Stadium, and enjoy one of the most beautiful spaces on God’s green earth. The NFL, FBS Teams, and 1000’s of HS’s across the US have proven that, with proper protocol, Fans CAN safely attend games. Why not us?

I think that’s all anyone here is saying.
FurmanMom60 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.