• Furman @ ETSU Saturday, 1/23

#35822  by purplehorse
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:55 pm
Will lose 3 in a row if we do not play better against UNCG.

We scored 13 points the first 13:38 of the 2nd half until Mounce hit a 3 with 6:22 left. We went almost 9 minutes in 2nd half with only 2 FT’s by Mounce.

I thought Anderson was a killer 3 point shooter?

We are still in the hunt but need to continue to improve.

With regard to a starter disappearing in a certain game. I have said for 40 years that is the difference between a player at Furman vs Duke/UNC where players show up every night.

Monsanto had the game of his career hitting 6 of 8 3’s.

We can and will get better.
 #35824  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:59 pm
Any type of decent game and thats a win. As far getting better, I don’t know. We are definitely trending in the wrong direction.
 #35825  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:59 pm
One thing is certain, to this point we pretty much stink playing on the road, lets just hope to god we can keep the win streak going at Timmons
 #35828  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:19 pm
Here's a positive... Hien in 6 mins had more offensive rebounds (2) than all other players that played over 30 mins other than Mounce!

Another positive... Mounce had more rebounds than the other 4 starters combined!

Great job Hien and Mounce!
 #35829  by Fork457
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:22 pm
purplehorse wrote:

We scored 13 points the first 13:38 of the 2nd half until Mounce hit a 3 with 6:22 left. We went almost 9 minutes in 2nd half with only 2 FT’s by Mounce.

With regard to a starter disappearing in a certain game. I have said for 40 years that is the difference between a player at Furman vs Duke/UNC where players show up every night.

Oh yeah you mean the Duke and UNC teams that probably wont even make the tournament. Ridiculous comment
 #35830  by purplehorse
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:57 pm
Fork457 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:22 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Oh yeah you mean the Duke and UNC teams that probably wont even make the tournament. Ridiculous comment
Sorry I thought my comment would be self-explanatory. I am talking about the Duke and UNC teams of old when they were always so good and in the top 5. I quit watching ACC basketball long ago.

Recent Topics

User avatar Game postponed

by soconjohn

Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:04 pm

User avatar TV for Practice at the Well tonite?

by Flagman

Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar F Lane Kiffin

by Flagman

Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:14 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:34 am

User avatar SOCON WEEK 5

by AllTimeFU

Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:48 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.