• Baseball Facility

#40693  by Sad Din
 Sat May 15, 2021 3:44 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:43 pm
Its very simple... we want baseball back.

No self respecting D1 National University doesnt have a baseball team.

Duke and Davidson have ladies field hockey. Add something like that. Its good company to keep
I’m fine with wanting baseball back.
I’m not fine with disrespecting or attacking a very good president of Furman.
Self-respecting D-1 without baseball?
Here are some of them:
•American University
•Southern Methodist University
•University of Colorado
•University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
•Boston University
•Colgate University
•Furman University
•University of Wisconsin
•Syracuse University
•Iowa State University
Here’s another important fact to consider: One reason for Furman to consider Division 3 might be that it could be a good way for Furman to bring back baseball. There are MANY excellent colleges that have baseball and that are Division 3.
(You cannot alway have everything.
Perhaps you can have baseball but not have D1. Perhaps you can have baseball and D1 including Pioneer League Football. Maybe you can just be mediocre at whatever. You have to make choices. You have to decide.)
1. SD did not disrespect anyone on this post
2. Amend statement to be "Only 2% of self respecting D1 National Universitys dont have a baseball team"
 #40695  by FU3
 Sat May 15, 2021 4:52 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

Duke and Davidson have ladies field hockey. Add something like that. Its good company to keep
Here are some of them:
•American University
•University of Colorado
•Boston University
•Colgate University
•Furman University
•University of Wisconsin
•Syracuse University
•Iowa State University
Here’s another important fact to consider: One reason for Furman to consider Division 3 might be that it could be a good way for Furman to bring back baseball. There are MANY excellent colleges that have baseball and that are Division 3.
Perhaps you can have baseball but not have D1. Perhaps you can have baseball and D1 including Pioneer League Football. Maybe you can just be mediocre at whatever. You have to make choices. You have to decide.)
I am sure donors who put tens of thousands of dollars (some millions) into the baseball and lacrosse programs and the players who worked endlessly to be able to play a D1 sport only to have the programs unceremoniously dumped might quibble with your assessments. This decision was a cluster from the get go and you only have to read the comments at the time of our AD who was tasked with trying to explain this and how he was obviously blindsided by the decision. He did his best in trying to roll away from the bus as the wheels rolled over him. If you think this type of leadership ( from ED) is what is going to drive FU to overall success than have at it.
apaladin liked this
 #40698  by Affirm
 Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:44 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

Here are some of them:
•American University
•University of Colorado
•Boston University
•Colgate University
•Furman University
•University of Wisconsin
•Syracuse University
•Iowa State University
1. SD did not disrespect anyone on this post
2. Amend statement to be "Only 2% of self respecting D1 National Universitys dont have a baseball team"
1. Good
2. A. Not sure what source you are using for the “National Universities”
designation. I am aware only of US News & World Report using that for their annual college rankings. Furman is not within that group, but is instead considered there to be a National Liberal Arts College. Without looking, I am not sure that the number of those that are Division 1 in NCAA is anywhere near as high as 50%.
B. You may be right about the 2% of D1 National Universities (of which Furman is not one - not a “National University”, see “A”) comment. Syracuse, Wisconsin, Colorado, Colorado State, Boston University, and some others are perhaps understandable because of weather, although that those do not have baseball is really no more understandable than Furman not having baseball because of the money they have and because of their size. SMU is a National University that cannot blame weather and cannot blame size.
 #40701  by apaladin
 Sun May 16, 2021 3:00 am
Affirm, why don’t you just come out and admit you are married to ED. 👌 Is your constant wanting for Furman to drop to a lower division, drop football or give up sports all together a direct reflection of the ED agenda? Sounds like it. You are always defending her bad decision to drop baseball for no legitimate reason. It was a bad decision and that cannot be defended, but keep trying.
 #40702  by Roundball
 Sun May 16, 2021 5:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Affirm, why don’t you just come out and admit you are married to ED. 👌 Is your constant wanting for Furman to drop to a lower division, drop football or give up sports all together a direct reflection of the ED agenda? Sounds like it. You are always defending her bad decision to drop baseball for no legitimate reason. It was a bad decision and that cannot be defended, but keep trying.
Still waiting for you to share the Elizabeth Davis agenda that you keep referring to.
 #40706  by apaladin
 Sun May 16, 2021 1:32 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Still waiting for you to share the Elizabeth Davis agenda that you keep referring to.
Check you PM.
 #40707  by Affirm
 Sun May 16, 2021 1:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Why don’t I?
Because I am not related to her in any way, other than the same way that you are.
Let me give you this news, which you may consider good news.
NEWS FLASH:
Recent reconsiderations, unconnected to any of your rants, has led me to believe that dropping to D2 or D3 would not be the best move.
However, I still believe that Pioneer Football League or a similar move, should be considered.
Also, I still believe that the baseball decision was a good decision. Numerous reasons and factors contributed to needing to make a complicated, unfortunate, difficult decision, to and take action.
As I have stated previously, for you and others, there are PLENTY of other options for you to go see live baseball - high school, college, minor league, and MLB. And the option to support Furman softball exists also.
Dr. Davis is an outstandingly good President. Furman is extremely fortunate to have her as President.
 #40720  by apaladin
 Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm
She may be a great president, I have no idea. I do know she ran off 35 paying male students that the school needed. Is she good for FU athletics? No.
Last edited by apaladin on Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #40722  by Affirm
 Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 am
apaladin wrote:
She may be a great president, I have no idea. I do know she ran off 35 paying male students that the school needed. Is she good for FU athletis? No.
I respect your right to speak.
apaladin liked this
 #40723  by FU3
 Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 am
“Dr. Davis is an outstandingly good President. Furman is extremely fortunate to have her as President.”

Can you provide those of us with a different view of the performance of Dr. Davis on how she has been an “outstandingly good” President? You often refer to peer schools in your attempt(s)to show us the way in Furman dropping to a lower classification for athletics.Using some metrics ( endowment growth, student retention, dollar yield per student, increase in rankings etc.) as comparisons to show how Furman has soared under her leadership would be helpful to clear up our misconceptions.
apaladin, tim liked this
 #40726  by FUBeAR
 Mon May 17, 2021 7:27 am
FU3 wrote:
“Dr. Davis is an outstandingly good President. Furman is extremely fortunate to have her as President.”

Can you provide those of us with a different view of the performance of Dr. Davis on how she has been an “outstandingly good” President? You often refer to peer schools in your attempt(s)to show us the way in Furman dropping to a lower classification for athletics.Using some metrics ( endowment growth, student retention, dollar yield per student, increase in rankings etc.) as comparisons to show how Furman has soared under her leadership would be helpful to clear up our misconceptions.
Is “some would say…” insufficient evidence?
apaladin liked this
 #40729  by FU3
 Mon May 17, 2021 8:05 am
FUBeAR wrote:
FU3 wrote:

That is the gold standard at gopaladins.com. so no.
apaladin liked this
 #40733  by Sad Din
 Mon May 17, 2021 12:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
She may be a great president, I have no idea. I do know she ran off 35 paying male students that the school needed. Is she good for FU athletis? No.
And dont forget a similar qty on the MLax team. No offense to the Lax Team but if a compromise had been done and only the Mlax Team cut the reaction IMHO would have been completely different

Suspect that every year around May/Jun when there are very college sports being played (and pls dont say to go see a Clemson baseball game. that would be torture) except baseball, it will be "Remember FU Baseball" Month

Its deja vu all over again....
apaladin liked this
 #40734  by Affirm
 Mon May 17, 2021 1:03 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
FU3 wrote:

Depends on WHAT follows the phrase and on WHO is making the statement, in what circumstance and context.
 #40741  by tim
 Tue May 18, 2021 7:34 am
FU3 wrote:

Crickets...........chirp chirp chirp
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:04 pm

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by apaladin

Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:47 am

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar Finally it is over!

by sluggo

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.