• Samford 14 FU 4

#12822  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:50 pm
Paladins pound out 4 hits and strike out 6 times to continue the season trend of SO>Hits. Freshman Rob Hughes who really has pitched well early got lit up for 9 runs and 10 hits in just 2 innings.
 #12875  by cavedweller2
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 pm
I miss Couchbomber and MetroMizzy.
 #12876  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 pm
I miss Couchbomber and MetroMizzy.
Same. Someone needs to get them the new website address.

On the hop.
 #12890  by MetroMizzy
 Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:31 am
Been monitoring from a distance. Actually loved watching the basketball team all year long. I've watched about half dozen baseball games on the interwebs this year. Although I do have a contact on the team I don't ask a lot of questions during the season. I'm far from the program at this point so I don't know any of the inner workings although I was told the transfers (and I think there might have been a player or two that graduated but had a year of eligibility left) weren't the right fit for the program and CBH.

From what I've seen, and this isn't news to anyone that follows the program, we can't hit, can't run the bases and we bunt too much. If your pitching is only mediocre you better be able to score some runs and not by scoring them one at a time by moving a guy over to sacrifice an out especially when you need every out because you strike out 10 times a game. The SoCon, and I'm bias, is not what it once was in baseball a decade+ ago (no more CofC, Elon, GA Southern, App State) so to see this much of a drop off is alarming. It has always been a hitters league, always. I'm not going to google it but wasn't Harker Pitcher of Year with an ERA in the high 4's??

Again, I've met CBH once and I liked him but that doesn't mean he can manage. This team looks dead out there. Ron had his faults but his teams fought and scraped and battled. We were a team and all we wanted to do was win, very limited egos and a bunch of dudes that cared. This looks like the makings of an awful season.

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:16 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by bigpurple75

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:22 am

User avatar 2024 -WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.