• Villanova notes and game thread

#6357  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:21 am
I expect Furman to be very competitive against Nova today. Jay Wright runs a big time program but they lost a lot from their championship team of last year and it will take a while for them to reload. They have a couple of big time Freshmen that will be worked into the system as the season goes on. That being said, this is a good time to be playing them. I think they will be tough on the boards so I expect our outside shooting to be critical. I hope Jordan Lyons can stay as hot as he was the other night but you can rest assured that Villanova will challenge his shots a lot more than BJU did. Furman has been on a "recognition role" since the win over Loyola and a win today could really put the icing on that. Wright will have his team ready to play very tough defense so we need to take good care of the basketball and make sound shot selections.
 #6436  by furpop16
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm
The gang is understandably focused on football ... but this is a helluva game.
 #6437  by furpop16
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 pm
After having been impressed with the Loyola announcers, who showed us considerable respect, we're now treated to an FS2 crew that can't seem to understand why 'Nova just can't seem to blow FU away.
 #6440  by gman
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Whatever happens, this team is for real. Furman fans need to show up for every game, whether it’s Southern Wesleyan or Wofford.
 #6443  by furpop16
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 pm
Hunter wanted to dump it off ... then figured "why not?" for the step-back 3. Just Wow.
 #6444  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:47 pm
FUATT

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.