• At Wofford

#84480  by tim
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:40 pm
Honestly I would like to see more quality minutes for Bowzer and Molnar and Vanderwal and just take our lumps. A team needs an inside game
 #84482  by FU3
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:54 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:28 pm
Maybe one day we will want it as bad as Wofford does - in any sport.
We had won 4 times in a row against Wofford before this game.
 #84485  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm
FU3 wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Too much talent for them in those years. The talent gap has shrunk, but the “want it” gap is as wide as ever.
 #84486  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm
well.. some good news. Mercr takes down UNCG at UNCG.
QCGlue liked this
 #84487  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:11 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm
FU3 wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Too much talent for them in those years. The talent gap has shrunk, but the “want it” gap is as wide as ever.
You said that right. WC has one of the youngest teams in the country. They have zero seniors, while we are one of the oldest. 😳
 #84490  by Jasper
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:29 pm
Furman’s biggest deficiencies on display tonight. Badly outrebounded - no rim protection - 31% FG shooting. Hard to win a game under those circumstances . Didn’t see the game but it looks like periods of defensive indifference as well. Wofford is having a great year against Furman.
 #84491  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:30 pm
Before tonight WC’s four SoCon wins were over the four cellar teams by a combined total of 6 points. Their 3 SoCon losses were to top tier teams by a total of 41 points. Obviously a great team as we proved tonight.
 #84492  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:36 pm
And five of Woffy’s eight SoCon games so far (and all but one of their wins) have been at home. They will have a tough second half of the season. We will still finish ahead of them and will likely beat them in Greenville, but that doesn’t excuse tonight’s weak effort.
 #84493  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:38 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm
well.. some good news. Mercr takes down UNCG at UNCG.
Maybe, maybe not, don’t really think it matters much. Still hoping for a top 6 seed, UNCG will get one, Mercer may not so maybe its not good news. 🤷🏼‍♂️I think 4th or 5th is about the best we can hope for. Team just can’t win on the road unlike last years team.
 #84494  by Fuonetime
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:28 pm
2 steps forward (beating WCU and Sammy). 1 step backward (losing to Wofford). Poor effort overall. Did like energy of DM. He needs to get some minutes every game. He is a disrupter. Defense was weak. They scored inside and outside. I hope last year was not a one off. Socon is strong and lots of teams that will give us trouble.
 #84495  by fu77fan
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:36 pm
One of the ugliest Furman bb games in years.
We did not come to play. We only scored one basket in the first 8 mins plus of the game. We got outplayed, out hustled , out rebounded,
etc. An embarrassing performance for sure!!

The good news, the sun will rise tomorrow.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #84496  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:15 am
tim wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:40 pm
Honestly I would like to see more quality minutes for Bowzer and Molnar and Vanderwal and just take our lumps. A team needs an inside game
We have an insde but it’s not very good. Hien, Hughey, Vanderwal, Molnar and Bowser combined for 2 points.(BV). You could really see this one coming. Played pretty well for five games includng the last 2 emotional wins against 2 good teams. It was easy for FU think all they had to do was show up tonight and they played exactly that way.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Davemeister liked this
 #84497  by saltyshaker
 Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:12 am
1 agree.we need more of an inside presence especially on defense.time afterr time we gave them inside uncontested baskets or putback rebounds by some really unathetic looking players'i think bowser in particular could/block or alter a significant number of those shots and grab or deflect a number of those rebounds as well so that an offensive rebounder isn't left with an open layup.i also thought vanderwal and hein had been showing progress in the last few games but both regressed some in this game. one more thing i'd like to see is pegues get more aggressive in the first half offensively.seems we've had a number of games he has scored little n the first half and have a double digt second half.
this game reminds me of citadel last year.hopefully it is just a bump in the road and we will get on track wednesday.i still hope we can win the socon tourny and make the ncaa tourny twce in a row
 #84498  by purplehorse123
 Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:03 am
Points in the paint 14 Furman 46 Wofford. That is absolutely embarrassing. A lot of that is related to hustle.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar PreSeason Poll

by The Jackal

Thu May 30, 2024 6:51 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by gofurman

Thu May 30, 2024 1:09 am

Default Avatar Changing times ...

by Thorny

Thu May 30, 2024 1:08 am

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by Davemeister

Wed May 29, 2024 10:32 am

Default Avatar Playoff Changes

by gofurman

Wed May 29, 2024 4:43 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.