• WCU at Furman Saturday, Jan 20th, 2pm

#84276  by Jasper
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:09 pm
Great win. Clutch shooting once again by Peques. WCU has one terrific scorer and one real rim protector on D. The rest of them are not very good. Anybody notice we only shot 50% from the foul line. That is awful for a college team and there is no excuse for it.
 #84279  by Roundball
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:39 pm
I really thought we would get a technical at the end of the game. We have to keep the players and assistant coaches from crossing the half court line to celebrate, no matter how much time is on the clock. Sooner than later, a technical is going to be called. We don't need to lose a game because of a premature celebration.
Sad Din, GOAT liked this
 #84281  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:29 pm
Roundball wrote:
I really thought we would get a technical at the end of the game. We have to keep the players and assistant coaches from crossing the half court line to celebrate, no matter how much time is on the clock. Sooner than later, a technical is going to be called. We don't need to lose a game because of a premature celebration.
A technical cannot be called in that situation because there was a full timeout. The ref was correct in getting everyone back to their bench.
 #84284  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:01 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:37 pm
Western twitter has been yet to comprehend that. Many of the catamounts are complaining saying that the refs were corrupt in not giving us a tech….
When FUBeAR thinks of WCU’s fans, this is a common mental image he conjures…

Paladin82, QCGlue, gman84 liked this
 #84286  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:08 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Western twitter has been yet to comprehend that. Many of the catamounts are complaining saying that the refs were corrupt in not giving us a tech….
Never seen a celebration technical unlike football and the celebration penalty. If one could be called we would have gotten one when JP hit the shot against UVA.
 #84291  by Roundball
 Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:29 pm
Roundball wrote:
A technical cannot be called in that situation because there was a full timeout. The ref was correct in getting everyone back to their bench.
A technical can be called at any time during the game. I have seen technicals called on coaches arguing with a ref during a timeout. Also, all it takes is for one of our coaches or players to knock up against one of their players to get the technical called. Besides, there is no need for a celebration so close to an opposing teams bench. It is good to celebrate at a timeout, but do it on our side of the half court line. We wouldn’t like it if Western had done that on our side of the court.
 #84293  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:52 am
Of course it can but not for just running on the court and celebratmg when time is out. Have you ever seen one called like that, no. It happens all the time in cbb.
 #84299  by dornb
 Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:32 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:07 am
Incredible game - and Timmons looked like it was rocking from the broadcast. So excited to see the Furman community still squarely behind this team even after a rough start!
It was a great atmosphere! Since I live in Greenwood, I don't get to many basketball games, but Saturday was a lot of fun!
furpop16, apaladin liked this
 #84305  by gman84
 Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:13 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:01 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
When FUBeAR thinks of WCU’s fans, this is a common mental image he conjures…

My man Hasbulla!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

User avatar Fred Norman Jr in the portal

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 pm

User avatar NFL DRAFT

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.