• Greatest FU Basketball Player

#75959  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:04 pm
Who is the greatest FU Basketball player of all time??? :D :D :D :D :D

My answer would be the one and only Mike Bothwell. While he may not have the draft status of a Slawson or Selvey, his commitment to the university is unmatched.

Who is your Greatest Furman player in your opinion??
 #75960  by KingPaladin
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:08 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:

My answer would be the one and only Mike Bothwell. While he may not have the draft status of a Slawson or Selvey, his commitment to the university is unmatched.

Hard to argue with that! While Selvy has history on his side, Slawson's commitment to the program for five years and his trophy case makes him the greatest to me. The Sacramento Kings select...JALEN SLAWSON from FURMAN UNIVERSITY
 #75961  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:10 pm
A sleeper pick in my mind would be the late and great Jordan Lyons from the Furman University. Jordan had a steller playing career while he was at FU and gave me my favorite all time win against Villanova. While the Virginia win was bigger I would make the argument that the win against Villanova served as the catalyst for our program to put us on the map!!!! :)
QCGlue liked this
 #75962  by KingPaladin
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:12 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:10 pm
A sleeper pick in my mind would be the late and great Jordan Lyons from the Furman University. Jordan had a steller playing career while he was at FU and gave me my favorite all time win against Villanova. While the Virginia win was bigger I would make the argument that the win against Villanova served as the catalyst for our program to put us on the map!!!! :)
No doubt! In addition, who knows if we would have drawn the interest of the great AD Jason Donnelly if we hadnt beaten the Wildcats, his former employer! Safe to say we've had many impactful players. :lol:
Last edited by KingPaladin on Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #75983  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:02 pm
Frank Selvy
Darrell Floyd
Clyde Mayes
Mike Bothwell
Jalen Slawson
Jerry Smith
Jonathan Moore
Matt Rafferty
Jordan Lyons
Karim Souchu
Fessor Leonard
dornb liked this
 #75984  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:09 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:02 pm
Frank Selvy
Darrell Floyd
Clyde Mayes
Mike Bothwell
Jalen Slawson
Jerry Smith
Jonathan Moore
Matt Rafferty
Jordan Lyons
Karim Souchu
Fessor Leonard

Hard for me to pick! :lol:
 #75986  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:27 pm
Robbie Caldwell - the man was a stone-cold killer as a Zone Buster!
 #75988  by Bootie
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:17 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:

Curious what you think makes Bothwell’s commitment to the university is above anyone else’s?
 #75989  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:37 pm
Could have transferred at any moment. Now a days you have players transferring for whatever reasons. Same could be said for Slawson. BOTH of their commitment to FU is unmatched. They definitely could have played ball somewhere else and had gotten NIl deals
 #75991  by Bootie
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:44 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:37 pm
Could have transferred at any moment. Now a days you have players transferring for whatever reasons. Same could be said for Slawson. BOTH of their commitment to FU is unmatched. They definitely could have played ball somewhere else and had gotten NIl deals
That’s what I was trying to get to… that Slawson and Bothwell BOTH had a great commitment to FU.