• Basketball Jerseys For Sale

#73377  by FurmanFan23
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:34 pm
Just bought a Furman Basketball jersey from China. It is truly a shame that the athletic administration has not been able to figure out licensing apparel at this point. This should have been handled immediately after the UVA game. Furman missed out a big marketing play. I don't understand how FAU had their licensing figured out by the Sweet 16 and we haven't been able to in the last two years. I understand that licensing is a process but how is it that everyone else is expediting the process??

DHGate is the website to buy the jersey. Some of the posts don't have a customize option but there is one on there.
KingPaladin, FU Hoopla, bj93 liked this
 #73380  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:04 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:34 pm
Just bought a Furman Basketball jersey from China. It is truly a shame that the athletic administration has not been able to figure out licensing apparel at this point. This should have been handled immediately after the UVA game. Furman missed out a big marketing play. I don't understand how FAU had their licensing figured out by the Sweet 16 and we haven't been able to in the last two years. I understand that licensing is a process but how is it that everyone else is expediting the process??

DHGate is the website to buy the jersey. Some of the posts don't have a customize option but there is one on there.

Furman has always been lazy and sucked in this area of branding itself, that is a fact......................
bj93 liked this
 #73387  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:53 am
I’ve been around for it all. Frank Selvey, Niko and our former coach who is somehow the commissioner of a league. Who would have thought it would have taken this long simply to use the FU logo and put it on a jersey. It’s the fans that are getting cheated.

Many people would buy them too.
bj93, dornb liked this
 #73390  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:56 am
I am a big JD supporter. I believe the athletic administration has done marvelous things for this school. But they are terrible at apparel. They really need to get their act together. The fact that China has started to rip Furman off before Furman can get anything out bewilders me about the future of apparel.
 #73391  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:57 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:56 am
I am a big JD supporter. I believe the athletic administration has done marvelous things for this school. But they are terrible at apparel. They really need to get their act together. The fact that China has started to rip Furman off before Furman can get anything out bewilders me about the future of apparel.

It's not even like the apparel wouldn't sell. I am almost certain that the apparel would sell out because people want to rep Furman. Why would Furman not want us to rep our favorite sports team? My best guess it that the administration is wanting less to do with sports.
 #73392  by AstroDin
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:05 am
A few thoughts on this… I just started swimming in the print on demand world and selling on ETSY.
I also design and create MERCH for several for profit and not for profit brands.

Related to Furman, a few things to consider concerning MERCH.

1) Inventory — traditional merchandise is printed in some form of bulk quantity to get the best price possible. This requires an investment in inventory plus design + production costs.

2) Licensing and Royalty Fees — Furman charges a modest $100 annual licensing fee plus royalty's if products are sold. You also have to submit an application and get approval. I'm considering applying.

The good news is there are some new ways to do MERCH, and it's the Print on Demand world. Yes, prices are a tad higher per unit cost. But, you have zero inventory to pay for up front. You only pay when you receive an order. And everything is handled, production, fulfillment, shipping.
 #73393  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:10 am
I think that AstroDin should make jerseys for the fans. This way FU will learn its lesson the hard way about apparel. Lets make AstroDin rich $$$
AstroDin liked this
 #73394  by AstroDin
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:16 am
I meant to address the China thing — buying MERCH produced in China could be not adhering to Furman's licensing policy's and in a way being counterfeit - if this is the case - there isn't much Furman can do about this legally. We as a consumer have to make the decision not to buy it.
KingPaladin liked this
 #73398  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:24 am
AstroDin wrote:
I meant to address the China thing — buying MERCH produced in China could be not adhering to Furman's licensing policy's and in a way being counterfeit - if this is the case - there isn't much Furman can do about this legally. We as a consumer have to make the decision not to buy it.
I'd rather have something I want from China than not be able to get it at all, just being honest ;)
 #73399  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:25 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:24 am
AstroDin wrote:
I'd rather have something I want from China than not be able to get it at all, just being honest ;)
Yeah, I honestly feel like the fans have given FU a lot of time when it comes to this. At this point we just want anything we can get.
KingPaladin liked this
 #73402  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:32 am
Which Jerseys would you guys like??

My vote goes to the classic and timeless all-purple. Low-key dig the black one though. The white ones are ugly in my opinion.
 #73943  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:04 pm
Not to be a Debby downer but how does Furman cheer get uniforms for sale but not FU hoops or football. Not trashing the cheer team whatsoever. I believe that they are vital to any sports program but I am confused as to why they are prioritized over sports.

FU Hoopla liked this