• Most underrated player

#72185  by FurmanFan23
 Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:44 pm
Who do you believe to be the most underrated player for this upcoming season and why?

Mine will be a head scratcher in Carter Whitt. I think Carter could have a monster season for us. I think he needed to have a season under his belt in the program.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #72192  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:16 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Who do you believe to be the most underrated player for this upcoming season and why?

Mine will be a head scratcher in Carter Whitt. I think Carter could have a monster season for us. I think he needed to have a season under his belt in the program.

I am looking forward to that Whitt lob pass to Repass for the slam, nobody going to see that coming :D
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #72193  by Sad Din
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:46 am
except for Hien Foster and lately Pegues they are all under-rated becuase they've had to play behind Both Slaw Hunter Connely Mounce - all Pros or soon to be pros

to pick one under the radar player it would be hughey. very exciting because at the 1st TV timeout, Dins could literally have a second starting 5 coming in to play vs the other team bench players.

if you watched the NBA combine, they brought it new players every break and at the end of the game all had played 20 mins
 #72194  by apaladin
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:06 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:

I am looking forward to that Whitt lob pass to Repass for the slam, nobody going to see that coming :D
With the departure of JS the lob for a slam may be off the table. Not sure Repass can get up that high or at least we haven’t seen it yet. Most likey for lob/slam would Vanderwal.
 #72195  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:06 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:

With the departure of JS the lob for a slam may be off the table. Not sure Repass can get up that high or at least we haven’t seen it yet. Most likey for lob/slam would Vanderwal.

And this opinion my friend is what makes the idea of it underrated, Repass will be slama jama 2.0 ;)
Roundball liked this
 #72196  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:52 pm
Interesting to see how James Repass plays this year. As Furman’s highest rated player ever I am expecting alot.
dornb liked this
 #72199  by Sad Din
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:53 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:52 pm
Interesting to see how James Repass plays this year. As Furman’s highest rated player ever I am expecting alot.
highest rated playa eva? Really? Pls explain this one....
 #72227  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:41 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:09 pm
https://247sports.com/college/furman/Se ... l/Commits/

Excuse me he is number three overall. Repass has the size and tools to be something Furman has never seen. Never before have we had a true center!
That's honestly not a very good ratings site to go by, just looking at some of the players listed for FU top 20 most of them fall during the Jeff Jackson bad years, I am not sure this ratings website has very much data for any players that have come to FU over the last 30 years, and it has zero data about players from 90's and prior decades of course.....................
 #72229  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:08 pm
Recruiting websites weren’t a thing until the early 2000s if I rember correctly. I think a better statement of mine would be that Repass is the third best prospect we have had recently in a while
 #72231  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:06 pm
What else would you go by then? Hoopla
I do remember Colin Reddick being rated high, and we got him because we took his brother as well when some other schools out there would not. Also Quan Prowell was rated fairly high when Larry Davis got him, but then he bolted to Auburn after his freshmen season. None of the other guys on that list were given very many looks by other D1 programs.

A better way to gauge it would be to look at the range of offers players get from schools via verbal commits.
For example using verbal commits Tyrese Hughey actually had alot more offers out of high school than Repass did:
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tyrese-hughey
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/james-repass

Sadly the highest rated player we ever recruited was signed by Larry Davis, but he died I believe from an enlarged heart or something of that sort playing during his senior season in high school, his last name was Porter I think. I think he averaged around 35ppg.
 #72232  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:06 pm
What else would you go by then? Hoopla
I do remember Colin Reddick being rated high, and we got him because we took his brother as well when some other schools out there would not. Also Quan Prowell was rated fairly high when Larry Davis got him, but then he bolted to Auburn after his freshmen season. None of the other guys on that list were given very many looks by other D1 programs.

A better way to gauge it would be to look at the range of offers players get from schools via verbal commits.
For example using verbal commits Tyrese Hughey actually had alot more offers out of high school than Repass did:
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tyrese-hughey
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/james-repass

Sadly the highest rated player we ever recruited was signed by Larry Davis, but he died I believe from an enlarged heart or something of that sort playing during his senior season in high school, his last name was Porter I think. I think he averaged around 35ppg.

Found the story, Dante Porter, passed in 1998:
https://greensboro.com/enlarged-heart-c ... 0671f.html

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.