• Bothwell on Kelly Clarkson Show

#69916  by Monday
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:51 am
Can the concession stands serve some bbq hash next year? It’s been the same bottom barrel chicken fingers and Papa John’s for YEARS!
FU69 liked this
 #69920  by FUBeAR
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:41 am
Monday wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:51 am
Can the concession stands serve some bbq hash next year? It’s been the same bottom barrel chicken fingers and Papa John’s for YEARS!
Need to find out Mr. Bothwell’s favorite purveyor and offer them a great NIL deal promoting their product by handsomely paying Mr. Bothwell as their Spokesperson and offering their products at Furman Athletics Events at DEEPLY discounted rates.
FU69 liked this
 #69922  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:48 pm
Wasn’t seen around here as NBC news interupteed the first 15 mins with news of the Nashville school shootings which is of course understandable. Realize the KC show is seen at different times across the country. Glad to see MB and FU move on in the bracket, guess he will be back on.
dornb liked this
 #69926  by Bootie
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:52 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:28 pm
hopefully both scored some nil money for this appearance.
I'd be surprised if these appearances generate any money at all for the person being interviewed.
KingPaladin liked this
 #69931  by FUBeAR
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:30 pm
Bootie wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
I'd be surprised if these appearances generate any money at all for the person being interviewed.
With no product brand, restaurant, and/or chef cited during the segment, unless The Kelly Clarkson Show (who knew she had a show?) and/or the broadcasting network and/or the local channel was able to upcharge and/or sell additional advertising spots by promoting Mr. Bothwell’s appearance on the segment, then it would not make sense for there to be any (legitimate) NIL money.

That’s why FUBeAR suggested what he did. In fact, these Players’ (all college sports)uniforms should look like NASCAR drivers’ or PGA Players’ do…by next year. And they each should be able to strike their own deals, affix their own logos, etc. Each Player’s uniform would be like a unique piece of art with all of the patches and stitching on them. They have to be able to do their own individual things or the schools are not providing their student athletes with the best possible experience. They’ll look awesome!
 #69934  by cavedweller2
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:16 pm
When I play golf with vendors from work, I wear their competitors gear.
Bootie, FU69, QCGlue liked this
 #69935  by cavedweller2
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:41 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:30 pm
Bootie wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
With no product brand, restaurant, and/or chef cited during the segment, unless The Kelly Clarkson Show (who knew she had a show?) and/or the broadcasting network and/or the local channel was able to upcharge and/or sell additional advertising spots by promoting Mr. Bothwell’s appearance on the segment, then it would not make sense for there to be any (legitimate) NIL money.

That’s why FUBeAR suggested what he did. In fact, these Players’ (all college sports)uniforms should look like NASCAR drivers’ or PGA Players’ do…by next year. And they each should be able to strike their own deals, affix their own logos, etc. Each Player’s uniform would be like a unique piece of art with all of the patches and stitching on them. They have to be able to do their own individual things or the schools are not providing their student athletes with the best possible experience. They’ll look awesome!
There ain’t no Wonder Bread on a McDonalds hamburger.
 #69949  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:20 am
Bootie wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
There was a player yesterday that was trying to “sell” Skyline Chili. He had all their line laid out on the table. I expect he has an NIL deal with Skyline. By the way, I googled NIL deals for NCAA players. I was shocked at the amount of money being made by some of the college players. Some of the highest paid are female gymnastic players and female basketball players. Those Miami female basketball player twins are millionaires. Boston out of S. Carolina can probably make more than for another year in college than she could make signing a pro contract.

#69950  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:32 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:20 am
Bootie wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
There was a player yesterday that was trying to “sell” Skyline Chili. He had all their line laid out on the table. I expect he has an NIL deal with Skyline. By the way, I googled NIL deals for NCAA players. I was shocked at the amount of money being made by some of the college players. Some of the highest paid are female gymnastic players and female basketball players. Those Miami female basketball player twins are millionaires. Boston out of S. Carolina can probably make more than for another year in college than she could make signing a pro contract.

So - it's Fancy-a$$ HotPocket vs. Bothwell's BBQ#'n'Rice to go the Championship.

FUBeAR has had neither (hard to believe he's missed the SC dish in his 2 tours of duty 'in country' - 7 years @ FU and 2 more years in Cola in the late 80's), so he won't (officially) pick a favorite...but he's sure the southern cuisine has to be way better than anything the peeps in Idaho or Manitoba or Nebraska...or wherever the heck Craytown is located.

BUT - FUBeAR has had that Cincinnati 'chili' - from Skyline. He road tripped up to Cincy to hang with Stanford and Sam and catch a Bengals game one weekend in '84 and was singing with his fellow road-trippers about getting us some of that wonderful Cincy Chili the whole way up. We were writing sonnets about it, making moonlight shadow puppet pictures of us eating it on the inside of the van walls - the whole 10.5 yards! Lemme tell ya - that is the most overrated famous regional dish FUBeAR has ever eaten. It is so bland...don't care if you get it 6 ways or 9 ways or 69 ways, it's just boring - there ain't enough 'ways' to overcome the blandness of the stuff they call "chili." HUGE letdown! Glad to see it lose on national TV, but it would have made Bothwell's road to the Championship a cake-walk....unless they substituted cheeseCAKE for the stuff they call chili - nothing beats a GREAT NY Style Cheesecake...so...in closing....

Glad they shipped that bogus chili back up the Ohio River - HASH is gonna SMOKE that hot pocket and we'll see who we get (Oklahoma Onion Burger, Utah Funeral Potatoes, Indiana Hoosier Pie (not Cheesecake, but could be formidable), or Connecticut Steamer (which is, perhaps, a wet cheeseburger?)) for the Trophy!!!!
 #69951  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:25 am
Is hash a snack or a meal? Asking only because I have never eaten hash. I have a feeling that since the contest is for the best SNACK food, the homemade hot pocket will win it. Even Kelly said she all all about a quick hot pocket.
 #69956  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:56 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:25 am
Is hash a snack or a meal? Asking only because I have never eaten hash. I have a feeling that since the contest is for the best SNACK food, the homemade hot pocket will win it. Even Kelly said she all all about a quick hot pocket.
A side dish, often served with bbq. If you have never been to Shealy's in Batesburg/Leesville, you are missing out:

Roundball, Davemeister liked this
 #70131  by FUBeAR
 Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:15 am
Welp. BBQ#’n’Rice beat the FancyA$$HotPocket (as expected)…

…BUT…

Dang it! Runner-up is a nice showing. Hard to beat a double-stack burger swathed in grilled onions and melted cheese.

Next year!
Davemeister, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:09 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by AstroDin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.