• 2024 SoCon Championship race!

#69554  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:25 pm
The race for the next title is now underway ;)

As I stated look for Furman to use its open scholarship to add a proven player (possible D2 guy) that will instantly help us contend next year.

Conterders as now:
Furman
Maybe Samford (although they lost Glover unexpectedly)
Maybe WCU (although they lost Claude unexpectedly)

As of now nobody else in the league really even has a team to field yet :lol:
 #69555  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:31 pm
Preseason all SoCon players from FU:
Pegues
Foster

Dark horse all SoCon FU players:
Williams
Hien

Expecting big jumps from Vanderwal, Hughey and Whitt also

Plus excited to see what our 2 redshirts, 2 incoming freshman, plus eventual added transfer will add to the mix as well
dornb liked this
 #69560  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:05 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:25 pm
The race for the next title is now underway ;)

As I stated look for Furman to use its open scholarship to add a proven player (possible D2 guy) that will instantly help us contend next year.

Conterders as now:
Furman
Maybe Samford (although they lost Glover unexpectedly)
Maybe WCU (although they lost Claude unexpectedly)

As of now nobody else in the league really even has a team to field yet :lol:
I like seeing that "the race for the next title is now underway". Go Furman!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #69568  by FUBF24
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:38 am
Too early to tell yet with how the transfer market is, but it seems that Chatt and UNCG always build their teams up this way. I could see them making a run
 #69571  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 am
FUBF24 wrote:
Too early to tell yet with how the transfer market is, but it seems that Chatt and UNCG always build their teams up this way. I could see them making a run
True about uncg aand utc but pretty sure Samford led the league in transfers.
 #69578  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:16 am
FUBF24 wrote:
I could also see both of those teams being awful this coming season, there is no Jake Stephens walking through that door for Dan Earl this time around :lol:
 #69606  by tya1
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:13 pm
There may be some mid major big men who will see that Stephens went from an unknown to a player getting serious pro attention with Earl's coaching and system. I am certain he will mention it to potential recruits
 #69613  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:22 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:13 pm
There may be some mid major big men who will see that Stephens went from an unknown to a player getting serious pro attention with Earl's coaching and system. I am certain he will mention it to potential recruits
It would be their only hope, UTC lost a bunch of other players as well and were awful without Stephens, I don't think Dan Earl will be cut-out for the whole transfer thing honestly..................
 #69626  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:44 pm
So is Lawrence expecting to be healthy for next season, anyone heard any news about him?
 #69802  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:29 pm
Interesting question & commentary.

Shaun Golden would do well to only speak about topics of which he has a minimum of just the very most basic knowledge level.

That’s a good rule of thumb for almost anyone, come to think of it.
FU Hoopla, apaladin, dornb liked this
 #70078  by FUBF24
 Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:52 pm
I've heard that Vonterius Woolbright, Tre Jackson, and Russell Jones are staying at WCU. Does this solidify the Catamounts as a SoCon contender or possibly favorite?

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.