• BOB RICHEY

#73435  by MNORM
 Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:38 am
Resources are limited. There is only so much we can pay anybody. CBR is the one to decide if it's enough.
And judging by his signing the extension...so far, it is.
Davemeister, dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #73966  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:35 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:47 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:16 pm
Did we lose an assistant coach? I thought that we had all 4 returning.

We lost Jordan Lyons to Navy, who has been replaced by Demond Parker.
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/mens- ... parker/791

And we lost Tyler Eckstein who took a new position at Furman, so my guess is Jake DeLaney is replacing him.

As far as I know the other 4 are all back (Growe, Johnson, Warner, Angell)
 #73969  by tya1
 Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:42 am
DeLaney was listed as an assistant for G-W last year but is not so listed now so he does appear to be moving on. We have 3 assistants, which is the limit. All current listed assistants are still the holdovers from last year. No announced defections at the moment. There are multiple other positions on the staff but they aren't actually assistant coaches.
 #73992  by Roundball
 Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:40 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:42 am
DeLaney was listed as an assistant for G-W last year but is not so listed now so he does appear to be moving on. We have 3 assistants, which is the limit. All current listed assistants are still the holdovers from last year. No announced defections at the moment. There are multiple other positions on the staff but they aren't actually assistant coaches.
The title must not mean much when it comes to limits. We have an Associate Head Coach, three Assistant Coaches and one Assistant to the Head Coach.
 #74022  by tya1
 Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:29 am
If a coach can't recruit off campus that doesn't seem like a regular assistant to me. I guess everybody gets to be an assistant now. Nice title for the resume and more money though. Colleges have added large numbers of administrative employees that were not needed a few years ago, I suppose the athletics departments want in on the gravy too. I wonder how much cheaper tuition would be if administrative personnel were at the level of the 1970s or 1980s.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.