• NBA SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE

#73339  by Roundball
 Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:46 pm
Sorry folks, but I cannot get enough of looking at Twitter today. Do yourself a favor, search for Jalen Slawson and look at all of the tweets. He is on fire today!
furpop16 liked this
 #73341  by FurmAlum
 Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:25 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:28 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:10 am
This has to be the most boring basketball there is. Very selfish play. No "team" play. Too much, "Give me the ball and I'll shoot, whether I have a good shot or not." Validation of my decision years ago to not to watch the NBA. Slaw's teammates take poor shots when Slaw is open with a good look.
Flag, this is Summer League and those guys play selfish to try to make a roster. Most NBA teams are all about team ball. The coaches see selfish play and will not reward it. I used to think the same way as you, but have come to appreciate the fact that NBA is fun basketball to watch, or at least by the top teams.
Agree with FU Hoop and Flag about the Summer League but agree with RB on the mainstream NBA. I watched the NBA playoffs. All I saw was team ball and some incredible effort from all the players.

Summer League players playing to make a roster. Slaw was playing to win. The NBA coaches aren't dummies and they can tell the difference. Slaw showed well in the SL.
FU Hoopla, QCGlue liked this
 #73370  by furpop16
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:17 pm
Nice writeup in nba.com: https://www.nba.com/news/summer-standou ... the-finish

"The Kings’ second-round pick (No. 54 overall) threw down an impressive coast-to-coast slam on the way to a 17-point, seven-rebound, four-assist showing in Sacramento’s 92-84 win over the Bucks. Defense was the 6-foot-7 forward’s calling card at Furman, and he added two steals and a block against Milwaukee. If the offensive game picks up during the course of the season to come, the fifth-year senior could find a role even on the playoff-contending Kings. "
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.