• BOB RICHEY

#71654  by dornb
 Sat May 06, 2023 11:35 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:05 am
Bob's address was awesome! Please take the time to listen to it. Great life lessons!
apaladin, gman84 liked this
 #71675  by gman84
 Sun May 07, 2023 9:02 am
dornb wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:35 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:05 am
Bob's address was awesome! Please take the time to listen to it. Great life lessons!
Spot on !!!
dornb liked this
 #71682  by furpop16
 Sun May 07, 2023 11:11 pm
Somewhat embarrassing, really. CBR is 2/3 my age … and 3/2 as wise.
 #71686  by Affirm
 Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 am
furpop16 wrote:
My hat’s off to anyone who’s 2/3 as wise as CBR. I believe I’m well below 2/3 as wise as CBR.
(I’m not saying I’m embarrassed though. But I will say I’m REALLY thankful we have CBR for one more year, and I’m REALLY hoping for more than just one year. I will not be at all surprised if he’s gone from us by 44 weeks from now. Let’s enjoy and support him while we have him.)
furpop16 liked this
 #71702  by furpop16
 Tue May 09, 2023 1:12 pm
affirm wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
My hat’s off to anyone who’s 2/3 as wise as CBR. I believe I’m well below 2/3 as wise as CBR.
(I’m not saying I’m embarrassed though. But I will say I’m REALLY thankful we have CBR for one more year, and I’m REALLY hoping for more than just one year. I will not be at all surprised if he’s gone from us by 44 weeks from now. Let’s enjoy and support him while we have him.)

I’m hoping he sticks around long enough to dedicate the New Timmons. Gotta live in the present, though. Never can tell when the right opportunity comes along for him.

(& yeah, my wisdom at 2/3rds that of CBR’s was more than a tad overstated)
 #71704  by Roundball
 Tue May 09, 2023 1:30 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:12 pm
affirm wrote:
furpop16 wrote:

I’m hoping he sticks around long enough to dedicate the New Timmons. Gotta live in the present, though. Never can tell when the right opportunity comes along for him.

(& yeah, my wisdom at 2/3rds that of CBR’s was more than a tad overstated)
I have a friendly bet with a friend that Coach Richey will be here at least three more seasons. I firmly believe he will be on the court as the Furman HC for the opening of the new Timmons. However, I am going to live in the present too, and soak in every minute of watching him lead this team to greatness.
 #72150  by HammerTKE
 Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:12 pm
I just found this on Spotify. The interview was from the day that we beat Virginia. Growing up in the NYC area, I listened to Mike and The Mad Dog religiously every day. It gave me goosebumps hearing The Mad Dog interview Coach Richey. He told Coach Richey, "wow, I wish I had a kid who could still play, I'd run through a wall for you. You are something!"

https://open.spotify.com/episode/70GBUZ ... MYEHglme_g

I know that I'm not the only one who loves listening to every interview that we can find with CBR! I hope AllDIN with Bob Richey will be coming back again soon!
apaladin, dornb, Roundball and 2 others liked this
 #73397  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:20 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:43 am
Something we already know.

Richey is the GOAT!
 #73405  by Fuonetime
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:28 pm
Pay the Man! He earned it. He deserves it. When has FU ever been recognized as nationally having the number 1 Coach in any sport. While you are at it, finish fund raising for Timmons and solicit funding for a practice gym. Expand the BB budget. FU has a golden opportunity with a golden coach to achieve national recognition and national success. Last season was an indication of what can be achieved. Our BB program can turbo charge our whole university. He makes me want to shout, “FU All the Time.” By the way, I’m playing the lottery and if I win I will fund these needs asap. If I don’t win i will give what I can.
 #73409  by MNORM
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:34 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:28 pm
Pay the Man! He earned it. He deserves it. When has FU ever been recognized as nationally having the number 1 Coach in any sport. While you are at it, finish fund raising for Timmons and solicit funding for a practice gym. Expand the BB budget. FU has a golden opportunity with a golden coach to achieve national recognition and national success. Last season was an indication of what can be achieved. Our BB program can turbo charge our whole university. He makes me want to shout, “FU All the Time.” By the way, I’m playing the lottery and if I win I will fund these needs asap. If I don’t win i will give what I can.
Isn't Furman already "paying the man" with the recent contract extension?
FUBeAR liked this
 #73411  by cavedweller2
 Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:26 pm
I am told that the school is in the process of replacing the Doughboy statue with one of BR and moving it in front of Timmons during the renovation.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.