• Furman vs. Virginia (March 16th 12:40pm Orlando, FL)

#68771  by dornb
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:59 pm
Jackal, Wolfpacker, and RavenPaladin going to be there.

I tend to remember we had a pretty good showing in Orlando when the football team played UCF. So, maybe the Florida side Paladin alums will show up en force.
fufanatic will be there.
FurmAlum, FU Hoopla liked this
 #68773  by FurmAlum
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:36 pm
FurmAlum will be there too with daughter FurmAlum II. Club C-B.

Own a Condo less than 3 hours from Orlando. Couldn't have asked for a better venue and match-up.

UVA is going to be tough but we can win this game. Was not sure if I would see this again in my lifetime.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #68777  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:16 pm
Virginia's Ben Vander Plas out for season with broken hand

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... roken-hand
Virginia has lost forward Ben Vander Plas to a season-ending injury.

The school announced Thursday that Vander Plas broke his right hand during practice the day before. The announcement came before the Cavaliers faced North Carolina in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament.

The 6-foot-8 graduate transfer from Ohio had averaged 7.4 points and 4.6 rebounds this season, starting the past 14 games.

The Cavaliers gave 7-foot-1 redshirt senior Francisco Caffaro his first start of the season against UNC. Caffaro is averaging 1.9 points and 1.7 rebounds.
 #68782  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:18 am
Utah Valley a projected 13 seed lost in their semis so could push FU to the 13 line. Sam Houston also lost so now they have a 3 vs. 6 final on Saturday. UC-Irvine a 13/14 seed also lost so they are out.

FWIW-Lunardi moved Louisiana up to a #13 seed. Now has Furman playing Marquette in Columbus.
Lunardi is the 84th ranked "bracketologist" out of 124. I kid you not. I was reading this from an article via bracketmatrix or somewhere. He only gets pub via ESPN. good but not the best by any means
apaladin liked this
 #68783  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:38 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:03 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:58 pm
Lunardi just updared at 3:30 has us as a 13 seed playing 4 Duke in Orlando. He obviously reads this board as I already predicted it. :lol:
yep in Orlando. Palm has it against Duke but in Greensboro. Basically a home game for Duke. Greensboro would be good for Dins though
Mercer beat Duke in the NCAA Tournament in FUBeAR’s hometown. Furman beating Duke in the NCAA Tournament in the city of FUBeAR’s birth seems apt.
That was a WEAK Azz Duke team. This ain't that same Duke team .. we would get SMOKED (7'1 human erase Dereck Lively etc Roach, Filipowski etc etc). Glad we avoided them. Guess we will see how we woulda done. Duke just beat UVA by 10 yesterday. We get UVA ...

UVA has a NASTY defense. You can hardly make a pass against them. I admire it. People say it is painful to watch but it's like throwing a no-hitter. It's pure basketball. it is susceptible to upset though. If you can hit some threes UVA is not a high-scoring team. We all know this. They win most games 60-50 or so. Thus UMBC upset them as the only one-seed to ever lose a few years ago. And that same UVA team won the natty! the very next year. This team doesn't have a Malcolm Brogdon or Jerome Guy but they are a stout defense - very stout. It will be the best defense we have seen all year. We can win but we better be ready to not get frustrated when we have 20 points at half. I watch UVA and so many teams cave when it is 28-20 becuase they are just frustrated like a football offense that can't get on the field. Just play it possession by possession. Don't worry about scoring 70

We can win !!!!!

Go Furman !!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #68784  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:56 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 pm
I hope we win. But I will say I haven't seen ONE team dictate pace to UVA. NO ONE. That ain't happening.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -cavaliers

Look at UVA last 11 games.. They either win (8).. or if they lose (3 games) its 134 points or less. no one speeds them up. Mostly due to Kihei Clark and Reece Beekman. Again, we can win - and I really hope we do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - but I don't posit that we will speed them up and dictate pace

Again, I am ALL FOR FURMAN. Just doubt we speed them up .. Don't get frustrated - be fine with a 60-57 win for us 😊
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #68797  by AstroDin
 Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:01 am
Where are Purples staying?
Don't shoot me; I'm a DVC owner at Saratoga Springs (Disney Springs). I would burn a few nights there, but the hotel rates are surprisingly good - I'm a Hilton Honors member (grandfathered Diamond) there are many Hilton hotel options from $200 to $250 a night.

I go to Orlando a lot for work and vacation. I have a few suggestions for those not as familiar with Orlando.

Traffic. Traffic can be an issue. So plan early to get to the Amway Center - it's north of the tourist places.

Universal and Convention Center areas have many hotel options (miles to Amway from 13-15 miles).
Disney Springs has many hotel and entertainment options (bars, food, hanging out). There is an awesome sports bar here. Miles to Amway is around 19 miles.
FU Hoopla, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by Affirm

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:52 pm

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:29 pm

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Sad Din

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:42 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:23 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Recruiting

by Sad Din

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.