• NBA SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE

#73177  by Sad Din
 Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:24 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:35 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:42 pm
Found myself watching Summer League with an agent yesterday at the pub. He was in town for the Peach Jam.
He’s pretty familiar with Furman. We are respected.
He expects Slawson to make a lot of money in Europe- not the NBA. Very long shot.
Thought Gurley made a huge mistake.
I noted that I saw about 100 coaches at the PJ and no FU guys. He said Furman can’t hardly recruit that level. The Adidas league is more our speed.
EYBL has 25 teams of about 10 kids. So in this guy’s opinion the top 250 are probably out of reach for us.
It was an interesting conversation.

Peach jam was sort of interesting. Like I said at least a hundred coaches representing probably 75 teams or so. Lots of Mid majors, Big 10 well represented, almost the entire PAC 12. Less SEC and ACC than usual. Heard a coach talking to his boss about whether some school was going to outbid for some kid. Thought that was as interesting.

Lebron was here for a few days watching his kid, but I didn’t run into him.
Just goes to show what that guy knows about Noah. How could he have made a mistake? How many times does the following need to be said. Noah graduated Furman. Furman didn’t have the graduate degree he was looking for. He left and went to a school that had that graduate degree. He loved Bama and the players and fans loved him. He was where God placed him. No mistake made.
100% and point made. The only thing an agent looks thru is $$$$
Roundball liked this
 #73182  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:06 pm
We can all agree that degree wise Bama worked out well for him.

However there is great irony in the fact that Basketball wise FU was MUCH MUCH better for Noah. I am glad he left, it allowed Slawson and Bothwell to shine that much brighter and they will get their jersey's retired for it and be remembered as all time FU hoops greats!
QCGlue liked this
 #73190  by Furmanoid
 Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:23 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:24 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:35 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:42 pm
Found myself watching Summer League with an agent yesterday at the pub. He was in town for the Peach Jam.
He’s pretty familiar with Furman. We are respected.
He expects Slawson to make a lot of money in Europe- not the NBA. Very long shot.
Thought Gurley made a huge mistake.
I noted that I saw about 100 coaches at the PJ and no FU guys. He said Furman can’t hardly recruit that level. The Adidas league is more our speed.
EYBL has 25 teams of about 10 kids. So in this guy’s opinion the top 250 are probably out of reach for us.
It was an interesting conversation.

Peach jam was sort of interesting. Like I said at least a hundred coaches representing probably 75 teams or so. Lots of Mid majors, Big 10 well represented, almost the entire PAC 12. Less SEC and ACC than usual. Heard a coach talking to his boss about whether some school was going to outbid for some kid. Thought that was as interesting.

Lebron was here for a few days watching his kid, but I didn’t run into him.
Just goes to show what that guy knows about Noah. How could he have made a mistake? How many times does the following need to be said. Noah graduated Furman. Furman didn’t have the graduate degree he was looking for. He left and went to a school that had that graduate degree. He loved Bama and the players and fans loved him. He was where God placed him. No mistake made.
100% and point made. The only thing an agent looks thru is $$$$
Look, I just thought it was cool that some random agent from MA actually seemed familiar with Furman players. And the guy mentioned that he was in the Peach Jam in ‘04 so was a top 300 player at one time and probably knows basketball pretty good. Whatever. Just thought it was interesting.
MNORM liked this
 #73206  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:20 pm
The midget #39 on the Cavs is an absolute selfish idiot lol, glad our FU guys are team players
 #73208  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:25 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:23 pm
Nice stats for Both in cleanup duty!

wonder if he and Both are hanging together?
Most likely get to see each other a bit................

Coach Richey said he was going to be there as well...............
 #73214  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:20 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:23 pm
Nice stats for Both in cleanup duty!

wonder if he and Both are hanging together?
Pretty hard to not hang with yourself! 🤣🤣(I know what you meant) I’m sure JS and MB will hangout with each other whenever they can since they are best friends and former teammates/roommates.
Sad Din liked this
 #73247  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:53 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:34 am
Kings play again Tuesday night at 10.

Yep, game is on ESPN2.
It's been fun watching Slawson, would love to see him find his 3 point shot. Unfortunately his teammates don't really find him open for the 3 ball, most of them play selfish basketball, so when he is getting a 3 up its been more forced shots so far..................
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.