• Furman Culture

#72469  by Affirm
 Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:53 pm
HammerTKE wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:45 am
Am I the only one that still goes back at least once a week and watches the end of the Va. game and still get a thrill from it?
My wife and I watched the last 12 minutes of the game over the weekend. Even knowing the outcome, we were still sitting there in awe over how we were able to win that game. I doubt there will be many months that go by for the rest of my life when I don't at least watch the last two minutes of that game.

We also re-watched the Samford game to win the regular season SoCon title over the weekend.
The way the Virginia win happened will be hard or impossible to ever duplicate.
At the same time, may we all hope to see Furman have equally big multiple wins in the near future and beyond, even if they do not happen in an equally AMAZING way as the Virginia game. Of course, any game that we win in the future that gets us to the Elite Eight or to the Final Four or Final or National Championship would be about equally memorable.
HammerTKE, apaladin, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #73553  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:44 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:04 pm
Noticed that Johnny Lawrence was there.
Maybe he will be a team manager or something............
 #73569  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:24 pm
The basketball team seems to be getting a better education than the regular student body!

This is brilliant and surely we're not the only bb program in the county doing it.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #73574  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:06 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:24 pm
The basketball team seems to be getting a better education than the regular student body!

This is brilliant and surely we're not the only bb program in the county doing it.
Maybe NGU is doing it too.
On the other hand, you might mean country instead of county.