• Rosters around the SoCon

#72078  by tya1
 Mon May 29, 2023 4:27 pm
ETSU signed D. J. Hughes, 6'6 230 sophomore. Hughes is a transfer from Butler who averaged about 2 ppg and 2 rebs. in 15 games last year.
 #72089  by FU Hoopla
 Tue May 30, 2023 5:55 am
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 4:27 pm
ETSU signed D. J. Hughes, 6'6 230 sophomore. Hughes is a transfer from Butler who averaged about 2 ppg and 2 rebs. in 15 games last year.
Brings them even with Wofftard with 10 players on roster, I think Mercer is still only sitting at 9
 #72126  by tya1
 Wed May 31, 2023 3:31 pm
ETSU signed 6'5" freshman Gabe Sisk from Ballard HS in Louisville. KY. I say 6'5", he is listed in various places 6'4",6'5", or 6'6." Sisk scored over 2000 points in his HS career at Ballard, which is one of the traditionally strongest HS programs in Kentucky.

The transfer portal has caused a lot of uncertainty lately but after a few years of operation I think it is fair to say it is just like a national game of musical chairs. Over 1700 D1 players entered the portal this year. Around 800 have not yet found a new home. History says a couple hundred or more will not find a new home and have cut themselves out of a scholarship. There are also non D1 players trying to move up. There are a few hundred recruit-able HS players waiting for the transfers to decide. Some of those HS players are probably waiting for the colleges to decide on transfers and some are waiting to see where the transfers go before they (the high schoolers) decide.

Don't worry about the colleges. I said this was like musical chairs. I think the colleges will be able to find players for their open chairs. It is the transfers who don't find a new seat who lose.
 #72128  by FU Hoopla
 Wed May 31, 2023 3:33 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:31 pm
ETSU signed 6'5" freshman Gabe Sisk from Ballard HS in Louisville. KY. I say 6'5", he is listed in various places 6'4",6'5", or 6'6." Sisk scored over 2000 points in his HS career at Ballard, which is one of the traditionally strongest HS programs in Kentucky.

The transfer portal has caused a lot of uncertainty lately but after a few years of operation I think it is fair to say it is just like a national game of musical chairs. Over 1700 D1 players entered the portal this year. Around 800 have not yet found a new home. History says a couple hundred or more will not find a new home and have cut themselves out of a scholarship. There are also non D1 players trying to move up. There are a few hundred recruit-able HS players waiting for the transfers to decide. Some of those HS players are probably waiting for the colleges to decide on transfers and some are waiting to see where the transfers go before they (the high schoolers) decide.

Don't worry about the colleges. I said this was like musical chairs. I think the colleges will be able to find players for their open chairs. It is the transfers who don't find a new seat who lose.

I am sure they will all fill out rosters, but better hurry now teams start reporting for summer practices in less than a week :D
 #72205  by tya1
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:57 pm
Muon Reath, a 6'8" 185 small forward is transferring to UNCG. He began his college career at San Diego. Reath is from Toronto , Canada. He is a lanky, athletic wing who looks like he can run the court and drive to the hoop well. Not sure about his perimeter shooting.
 #72209  by apaladin
 Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:05 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:57 pm
Muon Reath, a 6'8" 185 small forward is transferring to UNCG. He began his college career at San Diego. Reath is from Toronto , Canada. He is a lanky, athletic wing who looks like he can run the court and drive to the hoop well. Not sure about his perimeter shooting.
Looks like anothef stellar pickup. Played in 11 games for SD in 21-22 and has a total of 11 career points. A game changer. :lol:
FU Hoopla liked this
 #72252  by tya1
 Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:43 pm
ETSU with a transfer pickup. Sophomore Tyler Rice, 6'1" pg from William & Mary, has signed with the Bucs. Rice played over 27 minutes per game as a freshman and averaged 7.5 ppg and 3.6 assists but saw his playing time drop to less than 12 mpg this year. I don't know if he had any injury or other health issues. Those assist numbers indicate a good playmaker but his shooting percentages weren't great so maybe W&M needed a scorer more than a passer this year.

Rice is from Columbia SC and had about 8 or 9 offers while in HS.
 #72297  by tya1
 Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:33 pm
Chattanooga has added Ky Staatmann, 6'4" sophomore transfer from Daytona State JC. Staatmann averaged 11 ppg and hit over 41% of his three pointers this year for Daytona State, which was 27-4 and a top 10 ranked team nationally. Staatmann is from Cairns, Australia. In addition to his good outside shooting he appears to be a pretty good athlete in the video highlights.
 #72426  by tya1
 Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:02 pm
Western Carolina has signed 6'5" Brandon Scott, a Chicago, IL native who is a JC transfer coming in with two years of eligibility. He averaged about 17 ppg and 6 rebs. last year.

WCU has 14 listed scholarship players so somebody is leaving but it hasn't been announced who.
Interesting roster construction for WCU - They currently show 6 PGs, 6 posts, and only 2 small forwards or shooting guards,
 #72574  by tya1
 Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:32 pm
Wofford has signed 6'2" Dillon Bailey. The Bentonville, AR transfer is coming from D2 Northeastern State. He lead his team with 77 assists last year and scored 7.4 ppg while starting all 30 of their games. Wofford appears to have their roster up to 11 now.
 #72584  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:00 pm
soconhoops wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:23 am
https://soconhoopscov.substack.com/p/th ... ence?sd=pf

First article I've written, constructive feedback is welcomed!

Glad FU has been able to retain its best players 99% of the time, heck even the one we lost (Gurley) actually benefited us by getting Jalen Slawson to take his game up a notch. These other SoCon schools that have to live in the portal are going through rough stretches now-a-days, their best players don't want to stick around and the talent they bring in leaves alot to be desired.
FU is in by far the best spot and looking like it will dominate this league for at-least as long as Bob Richey stays here if not beyond ;)
soconhoops liked this
 #72586  by soconhoops
 Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:49 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:00 pm
soconhoops wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:23 am
https://soconhoopscov.substack.com/p/th ... ence?sd=pf

First article I've written, constructive feedback is welcomed!

Glad FU has been able to retain its best players 99% of the time, heck even the one we lost (Gurley) actually benefited us by getting Jalen Slawson to take his game up a notch. These other SoCon schools that have to live in the portal are going through rough stretches now-a-days, their best players don't want to stick around and the talent they bring in leaves alot to be desired.
FU is in by far the best spot and looking like it will dominate this league for at-least as long as Bob Richey stays here if not beyond ;)
Furman is definitely a transfer destination instead of a place they leave
FU Hoopla, dornb, furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.