• Off Season SOCON Transfer tracker

#68930  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:45 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:40 pm
Portal has been exploding with players since yesterday, almost at 400 already...........
Portal record. Going to get worse each year.
Once all the extra year Covid players are done after 2 more seasons its going to be harder for these programs to quick build through the portal, will be alot less players available then is currently the case............
 #68961  by tya1
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:37 am
I see that Garrett Johnson, a 6'8" forward at Princeton from Vienna,VA, has entered the transfer portal. Johnson was a highly recruited prospect that Furman was after a couple of years ago. He chose Princeton originally over two dozen other schools, all mid-majors. Although he was in the same class as Pegues,Williams, Repass and Hughey he has four years of eligibility left because he hasn't played any college ball yet because he had a benign tumor in his leg that has required at least 4 surgeries and chemotherapy. He says he is finally healthy. Ivy League schools normally do not allow redshirts so if he stays at Princeton he would only have two years to play.

I don't know if we have any spots available, but if we do he was definitely an impressive prospect who reminds me of Mounce and Vanderwal in style and talents.
 #68970  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:48 am
FUBF24 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 am
HAHAHA I could see this coming from a mile away. I am so glad he's gone, he was the epitome of your average Wofford player that flops.
I never saw him flop in the games we played against Wofford. All I saw was they we had a difficult time stopping him. I am glad to see him go. I just hope to goes outside the SoCon. I have a feeling he will be at a P6 team next year. He is good.
 #68972  by Monday
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:57 am
The last 5 years of SoCon Freshman of the Year recipients:

22-23 - Jackson Paveletzke, Wofford - transferred
21-22 - Jason Roche, The Citadel - transferred
20-21 - Damari Monsanto, ETSU - transferred
19-20 - Travis Evee, VMI - transferred/Keyshaun Langley, UNCG - graduated
18-19 - Kevin Easley, ETSU - transferred

In fact, with the exception of Langley, you have to go back to 2015-2016 to find a SoCon FOY (Fletcher Magee) who competed all four years at their original school.

It was a forgone conclusion that Jackson the Kid was leaving.
 #68973  by furpop16
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:06 am
Roundball wrote:
FUBF24 wrote:
Roundball wrote:
HAHAHA I could see this coming from a mile away. I am so glad he's gone, he was the epitome of your average Wofford player that flops.
I never saw him flop in the games we played against Wofford. All I saw was they we had a difficult time stopping him. I am glad to see him go. I just hope to goes outside the SoCon. I have a feeling he will be at a P6 team next year. He is good.

Any chance we'd pick him up? Or are in-conference transfers penalized?
 #68974  by KingPaladin
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:18 am
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:06 am
Roundball wrote:
FUBF24 wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Any chance we'd pick him up? Or are in-conference transfers penalized?
Honor Huff, former VMI now on Chattanooga had to sit out this year for transferring in-conference
 #68978  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:43 am
Roundball wrote:
FUBF24 wrote:
Roundball wrote:

What I remember most was that he could not come close to stopping us, his defense was so awful, and we obliterated them twice! :D
 #68984  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm
If you don't graduate and transfer within the conference you have to sit out, that's why honor huff had to sit, Stephens was a grad...........

FU will more than likely never take an in conference transfer, these guys that are leaving the SoCon are either leaving because they were not very good or are leaving because they put up some decent numbers and want to play for a major conference school, not worth the thought...................
KingPaladin liked this
 #68987  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:10 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm
If you don't graduate and transfer within the conference you have to sit out, that's why honor huff had to sit, Stephens was a grad...........

FU will more than likely never take an in conference transfer, these guys that are leaving the SoCon are either leaving because they were not very good or are leaving because they put up some decent numbers and want to play for a major conference school, not worth the thought...................
I was thinking the NCAA made conferences stop that rule because of Covid. The WCCP guys were discussing that yesterday. The ACC had that rule until Covid changed everything.

“Can your current schools/coaches interfere with where you transfer?
The right answer according to the NCAA is no. Many schools don’t like when their athletes transfer within the conference, but the school is not able to withhold you from going there. Recent rules have changed, and undergraduate athletes are now able to transfer once and not have to sit out a year. In addition, major conferences, such as the SEC, have gone away with their requirement for transfer athletes to sit out a year when transferring in-conference.”
 #68990  by paladinfan12
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:37 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:43 am
Roundball wrote:
FUBF24 wrote:
Roundball wrote:

What I remember most was that he could not come close to stopping us, his defense was so awful, and we obliterated them twice! :D
This might be the biggest blow to Wofford (because I'm not sure what else could go wrong). Mack and Jones were both seniors and Wofford has no grad programs, so I don't think anyone expected them to stay. Bias aside, Paveletzke is a really good player. He has good ball control, penetrates well on the dribble, and fed his bigs well.

Wofford is now obviously in a 100% reset mode. Their team next year will be almost entirely new players and coaches.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:09 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by AstroDin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.