• Jalen Sullinger

#88990  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:56 pm
Yep he is gone. That is a big blow.
Maybe he was struggling with our offense and was not going to start?
He certainly was undersized...

Or (considering the times we're in) is it a money $$$ thing?
 #89001  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:57 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:56 pm
Yep he is gone. That is a big blow.
Maybe he was struggling with our offense and was not going to start?
He certainly was undersized...

Or (considering the times we're in) is it a money $$$ thing?
I would say the latter is more likeky since it’s 3 months plus before the start and I doubt the starting lineup is set. Far from it.
 #89174  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:23 pm
Remember CBR telling the story about taking Sullinger to the airport and telling Sullinger that he didn’t want to pressure him but if he committed he could go to his kids game but if he didn’t he would have to miss the game and keep going. Sullinger told CBR “you can go to the game, I’m coming”. Remember how excited CBR was telling that story. We will never know how big a blow this was to the team but let’s just say significant.
 #89180  by Sad Din
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:15 pm
its been very quiet from both sides. Means that its in the best interest of both sides to keep it quiet. Could be:

1. Signed confidentialitty agreement. Meaning JS will get his money if he doesnt say anything. somethng like that
2. Dins usually dont make announcements but players do. So one can assume its in the best interests of JS to not say anything. There are many reasons it would be in his best interests
3. Maybe theres nothing to it. Just a change of heart and laying low until another opportunity opens up.
4. IMHO, with Smith moving to PG, they needed a backup. JS was the #1 PG at his old school. and a big xfer. I could see some feathers being ruffled if he thought he would have to fight to be #1
 #89183  by cavedweller2
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:54 pm
More than likely Bob Jones girls were involved.
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #89185  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:41 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:54 pm
More than likely Bob Jones girls were involved.
They always are
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #89214  by Roundball
 Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:27 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:43 pm
Should it matter to the fans why he left?
YES!
I’ll ask it another way. Is it any of our business why Sullinger left?
 #89221  by FUBeAR
 Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:53 pm
If any of you donated even a penny to an NIL Collective (or similar entity) that paid even a penny to this basketball player, then, IFBO, you have every right to know every aspect of every detail, including, specifically, the financial details related to the acquisition of and the termination of the relationship with him.

FUBeAR would imagine the operators and the organizational documents of such an entity would say that you don’t. That may, then, be the case, legally, but that doesn’t make it “right.” And, the transparency or lack of transparency around this issue would certainly inform any subsequent decision regarding the transfer of FUBeAR’s assets to this entity, if FUBeAR had a mind to transfer any assets to such entity.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #89232  by Davemeister
 Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:14 am
To anyone who cares about Furman BB, the "why" is a legitimate question.
apaladin liked this