• 2024 Recruiting

#71486  by tya1
 Mon May 01, 2023 10:52 am
I think this is how eligibility breaks down -
4 years of eligibility - Three true freshmen - Bronson, Humphries, Bowser and one redshirt sophomore - Molnar
3 years of eligibility - One true sophomore - Vanderwal and one redshirt junior - Repass
2 years of eligibility - Four true juniors - Pegues, Smith,Williams, and Hughey and two redshirt seniors - Foster,Lawrence and two true seniors - Hien and Whitt.

Foster, Lawrence, Hien, and Whitt have one extra "Covid" year.

That is 14. Subtract 1 to get to 13.
 #71487  by Roundball
 Mon May 01, 2023 11:04 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:59 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:06 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:49 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:02 am
The thinking for 2024:

We have offered 2 PG's in the 2024 class, so obviously want a PG.

We must know we will have 1 open scholarship for '24-25.

Who could that be? Maybe Marcus Foster won't be back for his 6th year of college basketball or maybe Carter Whitt won't be back for his 5th year of college basketball.

Whoever we take will probably redshirt '24-25 season and get to play 4 years in newly renovated Timmons Arena, as both JP Pegues and PJay Smith will be seniors (as would Carter Whitt).

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/furman
I’m guessing that this will be Marcus Foster’s last year. He redshirted 2019/20 season. I’m guessing he could play one more season beyond 23/24 due to COViD.
Foster has played for two seasons. Doesn’t that mean he has 3 years of eligibility left, including a COVID year?
I believe Foster has played 3 seasons - he played 18 games in 20/21, 34 games in 21/22, and 36 games in 22/23. So i think he has 2 yrs of eligibility left assuming he takes the COVID year.
You are right. He does have just 2 years left.
 #71499  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 1:11 pm
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:52 am
I think this is how eligibility breaks down -
4 years of eligibility - Three true freshmen - Bronson, Humphries, Bowser and one redshirt sophomore - Molnar
3 years of eligibility - One true sophomore - Vanderwal and one redshirt junior - Repass
2 years of eligibility - Four true juniors - Pegues, Smith,Williams, and Hughey and two redshirt seniors - Foster,Lawrence and two true seniors - Hien and Whitt.

Foster, Lawrence, Hien, and Whitt have one extra "Covid" year.

That is 14. Subtract 1 to get to 13.

Spot on, although you would say redshirt freshmen for Molnar and redshirt sophomore for Repass

So for Bowser this year my guess is still Lawrence is gone

And for this class of '24 PG commit we are trying to land I am guessing it could be either Foster or Whitt gone next year

That would put us at 13 scholarships for the '24-25 season..............
 #71500  by tya1
 Mon May 01, 2023 1:35 pm
Skaljac is described as a "throwback" or "old school" style point guard - meaning he is a pass first guy who is also a solid shooter. In an AAU game this weekend he had 11 assists. In another recent game he had 10. His highlights demonstrate his slick ballhandling and passing skills. He is from Brecksville, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cleveland. He was rated as the #5 junior in Ohio by one recruiting site.

Skaljac has eight current listed offers. In addition to the Paladin offer he has five Mid American conference offers, one MVC offer - Indiana State, and an offer from App. State.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #71505  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 2:23 pm
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:35 pm
Skaljac is described as a "throwback" or "old school" style point guard - meaning he is a pass first guy who is also a solid shooter. In an AAU game this weekend he had 11 assists. In another recent game he had 10. His highlights demonstrate his slick ballhandling and passing skills. He is from Brecksville, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cleveland. He was rated as the #5 junior in Ohio by one recruiting site.

Skaljac has eight current listed offers. In addition to the Paladin offer he has five Mid American conference offers, one MVC offer - Indiana State, and an offer from App. State.
Think I would prefer the scorer/shooter but all 3 PG's look solid, I am thinking whoever it is will probably be redshirted in '24-25
 #71625  by MNORM
 Thu May 04, 2023 10:33 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:35 am

Would be nice to see another Cleveland kid wearing the diamond F.
 #71644  by tya1
 Fri May 05, 2023 8:58 pm
Our offerees getting more offers.

Ty Davis has been offered by Belmont, Murray State, Loyola- Chicago, Richmond, Marshall, Northwestern and will take an official visit to Oregon next week. All offers within the last week or so.

Jack Staunton got 3 offers Wednesday - Penn, Holy Cross, and Bucknell.
 #71731  by tya1
 Wed May 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Jack Staunton has picked up offers from Miami of Ohio, Yale, and Stanford in the past few days.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:37 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by DeepPurple

Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:35 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.