• Furman vs. Virginia (March 16th 12:40pm Orlando, FL)

#68988  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:58 pm
The guys on the noon WCCP show had a good discussion of our game with Virginia. They are pulling for Furman, but know Virginia well. They said the only way to beat Virginia is to put pressure on them as they bring up the ball. Evidently, Virginia loves to slow pace their possessions, to the point of wanting to take an average of 23 seconds before they start their offensive play. The hope is that with the 5th or 6th screen, the defense will wear itself down to the point of giving them an easy basket. I have a feeling that we might just see a little full court pressure from time to time. We have to speed up the game to beat them.
 #69010  by FurmAlum
 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:48 pm
I decided to bring my earbuds so I could listen to Dan while I watch tomorrow's game in Orlando. Hope to hear more of "Foster for 3 from the corner....YES!!!"

So I tested them out on the trip down the interstate. I was listening to the Allman Brothers "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" between Savannah and Brunswick on I95 and I got up to about 90. To slow down I put on "LA Woman" and "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors....MISTAKE.

Got slowed down anyway. My wife thinks I'm crazy. But it's fun to be crazy.

My pregame set tomorrow will include Santana's "Evil Ways, "Black Magic Woman", and "Soul Sacrifice".

To cap it off Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard's version of "Pancho and Lefty".

GO PALADINS!!!
FU Hoopla, FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by Affirm

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:52 pm

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:29 pm

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Sad Din

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:42 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:23 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Recruiting

by Sad Din

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.