Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:44 pm
tya1 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:30 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 am
Man the Teariers have problems.

Hadn't been paying attention since I don't care but it is pretty crazy - Woffy somehow as of today has a total of *one* basketball commit, transfer or HS, despite like 5 open spots.
The Terriers gain a transfer - Chase Cormier, 6'2" 166 freshman guard, from Northeastern. Cormier picked up a dozen D1offers in HS in Milton,GA. He played about 13 minutes per game and scored 3.6 ppg this season. Cormier had an interesting set of reported offers in HS,which included Florida, Mississippi State, and Xavier in addition to his other mostly regional mid-major type offers like, ETSU,App. State, Georgia State, Elon and UNCW. I checked some video for him and he is quick and shifty but may need some more strength and a better three point shot. With Wofford's losses he will probably be a definite part of their top 7 if not a starter.

Something must be kind of off about those offers, hard to imagine a kid from GA getting offered by Florida and Mississippi St. and still decide to go play at Northeastern, those SEC offers must have been preferred walk-on offers or something don't you think?
 #71342  by tya1
 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:43 pm
Some schools give out offers that aren't worth the paper that they aren't printed on. Some "offers" are placeholder offers that just mean the school is watching closely in case the guy becomes a highly recruited prospect later on. If the guy doesn't get much better over time the school just stops phoning.
 #71343  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:50 pm
tya1 wrote:
youwouldno wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Hadn't been paying attention since I don't care but it is pretty crazy - Woffy somehow as of today has a total of *one* basketball commit, transfer or HS, despite like 5 open spots.
The Terriers gain a transfer - Chase Cormier, 6'2" 166 freshman guard, from Northeastern. Cormier picked up a dozen D1offers in HS in Milton,GA. He played about 13 minutes per game and scored 3.6 ppg this season. Cormier had an interesting set of reported offers in HS,which included Florida, Mississippi State, and Xavier in addition to his other mostly regional mid-major type offers like, ETSU,App. State, Georgia State, Elon and UNCW. I checked some video for him and he is quick and shifty but may need some more strength and a better three point shot. With Wofford's losses he will probably be a definite part of their top 7 if not a starter.
Sounds like a game changer! Tearriers could be preseason favorites! :lol:
 #71344  by tya1
 Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:08 pm
Here is one I missed from a couple of days ago - Sean Conway, the 6'5" transfer from VMI, has signed with St. Johns. Rick Pitino now has Conway, 3 transfers from Iona and a Juco transfer among the 7 scholarship players on his roster. I wonder how many more midmajors he will be looking to add.
 #71348  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:06 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:50 pm
tya1 wrote:
youwouldno wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Sounds like a game changer! Tearriers could be preseason favorites! :lol:
Desperation no doubt.......................
 #71410  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:43 pm
tya1 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:22 pm
B. J. Mack committed to South Carolina over LSU, Alabama, Iowa, and Arkansas.
That’s funny. SC fans have to be thrilled with all the SoCon transfers and not even peeps from the top teams. Mack coukd help them though.
 #71573  by tya1
 Wed May 03, 2023 1:46 pm
Kristion Courseault,the 6'2" guard for Chattanooga, has transferred to UMKC. Another guy headed for his 4th school - he began at Nevada, then went to Houston Baptist (I think they call it Houston Christian now,) and now on the move again.

Rickey Bradley, Jr. is going from VMI to Georgia State. He scored about 9 ppg this year as a freshman.

The Citadel has picked up 6'10" 245 senior transfer Quentin Millora-Brown from Vanderbilt. He averaged about 19 minutes per game last year and 4 ppg and 4 rebs.

I saw a comment on twitter that said Ques Glover is finding some problems with his transfer from Samford because of the NCAA's new rule that 2nd time transfers will have to sit a year before playing. Some of the schools he was talking to have backed off.
 #71586  by tya1
 Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 pm
And ..... Ques Glover chooses BYU. No shade intended for BYU, but I bet that isn't where he thought he was going when he announced his transfer.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #71587  by FU Hoopla
 Wed May 03, 2023 4:22 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 pm
And ..... Ques Glover chooses BYU. No shade intended for BYU, but I bet that isn't where he thought he was going when he announced his transfer.
Glad to see him leave, he was one of my least favorite players in the SoCon the past 2 years, with the poor attitude he's got its not surprising to see him playing for his 3rd different school in 4 years :lol:
 #71623  by tya1
 Thu May 04, 2023 8:47 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:57 pm
Bas Leyte is also gone from UNCG
Leyte has picked Clemson. It will be interesting to see what 8 ppg and 4 rpg in the SoCon translates to in the ACC.
furpop16 liked this
 #71646  by tya1
 Fri May 05, 2023 9:16 pm
ETSU has added 6'1 Quimari Peterson, a junior college transfer from John Logan JC. They won the national JC championship. Peterson averaged about 14 ppg, 5 rebs. and 5 assists and hit 39% of his threes. He began his career at Indiana State.
 #71730  by tya1
 Wed May 10, 2023 11:54 pm
ETSU has added transfer Karon Boyd, a 6'5" small forward from USC-Aiken. He had a couple of D1 offers after high school before going to USC-Aiken.

Chattanooga has signed 6'7" transfer Tyler Millin, a Junior at Middle Tennessee State . Millin has two years of eligibility left . He is a good athlete with mediocre or worse shooting percentages. He averaged about 4 points per game at MTSU while playing about 15 minutes a game.
 #71770  by tya1
 Sun May 14, 2023 2:58 pm
Mercer transfer James Glisson is going to U. of New Orleans.

UNCG has added Jaylon Gibson, a 6'9" 210 transfer from D2 Winston-Salem State. Gibson started his career at N. C. State. which he chose over about 16 other others, including several other P5 offers. He averaged about 13 ppg and 7 rpg. at W.S. State. this year.

A couple of SoCon teams lost transfers on the last day for guys to leave and still be eligible to play next season. Brody Robinson, 5'10" freshman guard, is leaving Chattanooga and 6'9" Josh Taylor is leaving ETSU. Robinson scored 4 ppg as a freshman and showed some promise but he probably expects incoming freshman Myles Che and VMI transfer Honor Huff to get a lot of the minutes at guard next year. Taylor averaged 7 ppg and 5 rpg as a 6th man/part time starter for the Bucs. This is his 2nd transfer. He started his career at Georgia.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.