• Inside Furman Athletics - Jason Donnelly, Bob Richey (10-10-23)

#77047  by FDC2015
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:21 am
stonemd wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 am
Not sure why Dan didn’t bring up the request to have Furman Sports shows on apple podcast. Sports discussions on YouTube generally have their shows on apple podcast (without video). Indeed so much easier to subscribe and listen while driving to a podcast rather than YouTube. Can’t imagine it costs much. Maybe JD will read this and consider making it happen.
Agreed! It is some much easier to listen on different platforms and will definitely increase the number of people listening. This should be an easy ask with a guaranteed positive impact.
FurmanFan23 liked this
 #77048  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:41 am
FDC2015 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:21 am
stonemd wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 am
Not sure why Dan didn’t bring up the request to have Furman Sports shows on apple podcast. Sports discussions on YouTube generally have their shows on apple podcast (without video). Indeed so much easier to subscribe and listen while driving to a podcast rather than YouTube. Can’t imagine it costs much. Maybe JD will read this and consider making it happen.
Agreed! It is some much easier to listen on different platforms and will definitely increase the number of people listening. This should be an easy ask with a guaranteed positive impact.
Agreed!!! Really don't know why this wasn't a thing from the start. I really don't think it would be difficult to do. Then again I'm not a expert with technology.
 #77051  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:54 am
The ALLDIN podcast that ran for a few years was on podcast form, itunes and maybe other outlets, I don't know but it's possible the streaming numbers were not very high on those platforms to keep fooling with it...............

The Youtube video for sure generates the most traction, FU just needs to do a better job of sharing it, for example it has not been shared on the Furman athletics social media accounts or Basketball social media accounts at all, just me posting it here is all it's been shared lol............
FurmanFan23 liked this
 #77054  by furpop16
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:11 am
... With out recent success coach probably doesn't have time

Some day (hopefully far into future) our coach will make his bed with a very high major program where he WILL be required to make the time.

My wish is he practices now making consistent pressers a priority.
 #77057  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:57 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:49 am
I am still looking forward to the day when JD can say its a done deal and no longer leave any doubt about Timmons. There is still doubt.
You are the only one with doubt. The renovation is happening.
No JD is the one that keeps casting doubt by saying “almost” “if” this and “if” that. Certainly understand why he still has to do this..
 #77062  by Affirm
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:26 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:11 am
... With out recent success coach probably doesn't have time

Some day (hopefully far into future) our coach will make his bed with a very high major program where he WILL be required to make the time.

My wish is he practices now making consistent pressers a priority.
He should not be criticized at all for not making “consistent pressers a priority”.
 #77065  by Roundball
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:57 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:49 am
I am still looking forward to the day when JD can say its a done deal and no longer leave any doubt about Timmons. There is still doubt.
You are the only one with doubt. The renovation is happening.
No JD is the one that keeps casting doubt by saying “almost” “if” this and “if” that. Certainly understand why he still has to do this..
JD is not casting any doubt at all. It is not official, but there is no doubt that it is happening.
FU Hoopla liked this